McCoy, Suh, Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bradford has heavy feet and build up speed. Very little quick twitch ability and burst. Plus...he's a bit of an awkward mover without great balance. Sam's gotta work on his savvyness and moves. They improved this year though.

I agree that Sam was better this year. Fisher had commented that Sam's feet were a lot better the last few games. And it showed in his accuracy, I think.

How would you compare Sam to Aikman in terms of mobility (feet, speed, balance, etc...)???

fearsomefour

Legend
Gotcha,but ya know Minnesota passed on a pick and let sometime ahead of them don't remember who they were avoiding "having to draft" but this story is sort of a fungible one seems they were they weren't they were they weren't and it's not a hill of beans now, I'm sayin' though that the dogmatic way it gets viewed just doesn't fly for me,the can't miss evaluation, the you have to do this stuff, just seems to NEVER bear out,ok rarely turns out,the feeding frenzy.
BTW I'm glad we did what we did,I"M SOLD on Sam,but it's a recent sale.

I am sold on Sam as well….but it was in "sale pending" status up to last year.
Yeah, I found it hard to believe it was a royal F up by the Vikings that year, but, they still had to pay the player they drafted the money for where they were originally sloted. If the NFL didnt do this there would be teams passing on mid first round picks all the time instead of "reaching" for guys.
Convential "wisdom" is a funny thing. Having my son go through the scouting process the last year (as a baseball player) it was amazing to me how often scouts would say one thing and end up doing something else. I dont think this was them being misleading or dishonest, just, the "traditional" thinking was so ingrained they cant see past it.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree that Sam was better this year. Fisher had commented that Sam's feet were a lot better the last few games. And it showed in his accuracy, I think.

How would you compare Sam to Aikman in terms of mobility (feet, speed, balance, etc...)???

That is a pretty good comparison. Both big guys who can move and excape the pocket usually, but, not run first guys by any measure. Aikmen did have the ability to run for key first downs and Bradford can as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nah Thor. I saw IT too. I do however have to wonder if the coaches would have game planned as well with Sam in the game. Part of me thinks that his abilities change the dynamics so that you don't rely on the rest of the team quite as much. He can make all the throws so you just let him - y'know?
THIS post is spot on.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree with this too.

As do I. I think Bradford has shown much more pocket awareness as well. Guys like Brady, Manning, Warner are not fast or nimble but just have a knack of moving in the pocket and buying themselves a extra half second. Well, Peyton usually just throws the ball away rather than stand in there. Bradford is not fully there yet but he was much better than last year before his injury.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not what Im trying to say I post and my posts get deleted.alll I have to say. I thought the mods here where different...guess not

Your post wasn't deleted because you had a different opinion, your post was removed from the public view because it was a personal attack against another poster.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think Aikman was a bit more mobile when he was younger but I haven't seen much of Aikman so my ability to compare isn't very good.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Your post wasn't deleted because you had a different opinion, your post was removed from the public view because it was a personal attack against another poster.
So am I going to need a lawyer for the "Assault and Battery" charges I'm charged with? If so, I'm sorry for hurting his itty bitty feelings....

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I still think we should put a poll on stlouisrams.com and have Snead draft whoever is top vote getter for each round

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think you should just drop it, it's over and done with now. That is my last post on the matter, if it continues I'm just going to stop playing nice.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So am I going to need a lawyer for the "Assault and Battery" charges I'm charged with? If so, I'm sorry for hurting his itty bitty feelings....
Damn dude. Good riddance. Why were you here in the first place? Find your way back to the PD.