McClellan gives Bernie the Chicken Little Club password

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Can't wait to read Bernie's reply...oh wait...I can. Best line: "Besides, if Kroenke’s mother-in-law wanted to go to a game in Los Angeles, she could just go to the airport and buy an airline. That’s the way these people are."
What is more they can take in a Mizzou game same weekend and stay at the daughters house,probably have a copter they can land in downtown St.L already.

These guys are chicken sumthin IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
......"has never publicly dicussed interest in moving" .......and yet he has never publicly discussed an interest in staying either......we only have his actions to judge him by.

Has anyone paid attention to his actions?

Yes. I have.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_3b49e97d-2799-50aa-8b7b-5a82bf5d5a4b.html

"There's a track record," Kroenke said. "I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."

"I'm born and raised in Missouri," Kroenke said. "I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."

Kroenke said, "I'll do my damnedest," to secure the Rams' future in St. Louis.

I am amazed how many people think Stan thinks like they do.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Yes. I have.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_3b49e97d-2799-50aa-8b7b-5a82bf5d5a4b.html

"There's a track record," Kroenke said. "I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."

"I'm born and raised in Missouri," Kroenke said. "I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."

Besides, there really is negotiations going on behind the scenes. Just because it's not in the media that they are all hard at work, doesn't mean they aren't doing it. A deal will get done, and then I'd love to see all the chicken littles eat crow. They will be the same ones eating crow this year, when Quick becomes a good player and ate crow after Chris Long became a good player.

iced

......"has never publicly dicussed interest in moving" .......and yet he has never publicly discussed an interest in staying either......we only have his actions to judge him by.

Has anyone paid attention to his actions?

- Stan did not exercise his option to purchase the team until the last moment. Did anyone notice it was AFTER the owners meetings? He could've purchased the team before that but he opted not to. Owners need approval from their fellow owners in order to move their team. It is my opinion that he didn't want full ownership of the Rams if he was NOT able to move them to another location.

-He was one of finalists in the bid for the Dodgers. Had he won the bid, he would not have been able to keep both franchises in their respective cities due to the cross ownership laws. Moving the Rams to LA is the only way he would've been able to keep both franchises under the cross ownership laws. Why would he make a bid for the Dodgers if he wasn't ready to move the Rams?

and yet Kroenke only came on board with the team contingent on it moving to St.Louis way back when....so now he's gonna do a 180 several years later? i don't see it.

you really believe Goodell is heading a return to LA to help silent stan over loud mouth mark davis?

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
A little off topic but since I've had the great good fortune to find this board (shameless pandering to ensure I'm not cut) I've avoided that other place. Gar, the pop-ups, the videos that play without being clicked and are hidden on the screen, the advertising. I have fled back here to this safe haven alive but shaken. Tremble, shudder, shake. It's horrible over there, I tell you, horrible!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yes. I have.

People always forget that the Charger's owner has made it quite clear that he considers LA his turf and has promised to fight any current owner moving to LA. Stan would not only have to WANT to move, which I'm not totally convinced of, but his hurdles to do so aren't insignificant.

Of course, Stan didn't get where he is by letting emotions rule his business decisions, so I imagine his desire to stay in STL only extends so far. It's not as if he rarely leaves the state.

bluecoconuts

Legend
What is more they can take in a Mizzou game same weekend and stay at the daughters house,probably have a copter they can land in downtown St.L already.

These guys are chicken sumthin IMO.

Meh, with that kind of money they could watch a Mizzou game, fly to New York for dinner, Paris for breakfast, and be back in Missouri for some toasted ravioli before kickoff. I'd say that family being able to easily see games is a bonus, but I don't think it would factor in much in terms of where to have them play. I think Stans commitment to stay in St Louis stems from far more than that.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Question: Does Stan being silent about his plans cause more angst among the fan base?as Bernie charges ,or does his near constant carping about it?

The length and acrimony that materialize in threads here after one of his columns,seems to indicate the later to me,which is one of the reasons I believe it's all about the controversy for Bernie,not enough news dredge up the stadium issue.
And now columns about his columns,agent provocateur sez I.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
and yet Kroenke only came on board with the team contingent on it moving to St.Louis way back when....so now he's gonna do a 180 several years later? i don't see it.

you really believe Goodell is heading a return to LA to help silent stan over loud mouth mark davis?

in 1994 it was Kroenke's ONLY way to get his foot in the door as an NFL owner........ and yes, he may do a 180.....he may stay in St Louis or he may relocate

I have no opinion on Goodell. If a NFL owner has approval from fellow owners to move, there is not much Goodell can do about it.

It is interesting that no one can answer the question about Kroenke and his bid for th Dodgers.......

And, by bringing up these points, I am not saying the Rams are going to move. It is just that I am trying to read Kroenke's actions as opposed to what he may have said in a phone interview 4 years ago (CGI's post). I have no horse in this race. I have supported the Rams as a season ticket holder in Anaheim and I am a PSL holder for the last 6 seasons while they are in St Louis. If they get a new stadium in St Louis, Great! If they move to LA, that would be great too. The benefit of all this is that my team is going to get a new stadium regardless of where they play.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
in 1994 it was Kroenke's ONLY way to get his foot in the door as an NFL owner........ and yes, he may do a 180.....he may stay in St Louis or he may relocate

I have no opinion on Goodell. If a NFL owner has approval from fellow owners to move, there is not much Goodell can do about it.

It is interesting that no one can answer the question about Kroenke and his bid for th Dodgers.......

And, by bringing up these points, I am not saying the Rams are going to move. It is just that I am trying to read Kroenke's actions as opposed to what he may have said in a phone interview 4 years ago (CGI's post). I have no horse in this race. I have supported the Rams as a season ticket holder in Anaheim and I am a PSL holder for the last 6 seasons while they are in St Louis. If they get a new stadium in St Louis, Great! If they move to LA, that would be great too. The benefit of all this is that my team is going to get a new stadium regardless of where they play.
He didn't HAVE to insist on relocating "in order to get his foot in the door" ,that was what he wanted ,he could just as easily bought in and left them in LA maybe cheaper too.
It's always been my experience stipulations cost.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He didn't HAVE to insist on relocating "in order to get his foot in the door" ,that was what he wanted ,he could just as easily bought in and left them in LA maybe cheaper too.
It's always been my experience stipulations cost.

Kroenke was sold a minority share of the team (30%). He did not have any say in where they ended up. The majority interest in the team had already decided to move to St Louis.

So, if you are saying he wanted minority interest with the team playing in St Louis, then I think we can agree.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Kroenke was sold a minority share of the team (30%). He did not have any say in where they ended up. The majority interest in the team had already decided to move to St Louis.

So, if you are saying he wanted minority interest with the team playing in St Louis, then I think we can agree.
So you dispute he stipulated a move?

"In the early 1990s, Kroenke became the lead investor in a St. Louis group that unsuccessfully pursued an NFL expansion franchise. But Kroenke later purchased 40 percent of the Rams from owner Georgia Frontiere as a precondition of the franchise's move from Los Angeles to St. Louis before the 1995 season."
This is from the article by Bernie Miklasz

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
So you dispute he stipulated a move?

"In the early 1990s, Kroenke became the lead investor in a St. Louis group that unsuccessfully pursued an NFL expansion franchise. But Kroenke later purchased 40 percent of the Rams from owner Georgia Frontiere as a precondition of the franchise's move from Los Angeles to St. Louis before the 1995 season."
This is from the article by Bernie Miklasz

No, I don't dispute it. I agree that the sale of minority interest was part of the deal to move. But, he wasn't the only cog in the machine. I remember reading that the CVC had contacted the Rams in Nov of '94 about having the Dome completed by '95. This was a few months before it was reported that there was an agreement for Kroenke to purchase the 30%. Do I remember that correctly?

The reason I brought it up was because you mentioned that Kroenke could have purchsed a share of the Rams AND keep them in LA if he wanted. This specific point is what I disagree with.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
No, I don't dispute it. I agree that the sale of minority interest was part of the deal to move. But, he wasn't the only cog in the machine. I remember reading that the CVC had contacted the Rams in Nov of '94 about having the Dome completed by '95. This was a few months before it was reported that there was an agreement for Kroenke to purchase the 30%. Do I remember that correctly?

The reason I brought it up was because you mentioned that Kroenke could have purchsed a share of the Rams AND keep them in LA if he wanted. This specific point is what I disagree with.
So you are saying it wasn't HIS stipulation it was Georgia's ?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
So you are saying it wasn't HIS stipulation it was Georgia's ?

Sure, it was his. But, it was contingent on the move to St Louis being approved by the owners.

Now, maybe you can answer the question about Kroenke and his bid for the Dodgers with the cross ownership rules in place?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Sure, it was his. But, it was contingent on the move to St Louis being approved by the owners.

Now, maybe you can answer the question about Kroenke and his bid for the Dodgers with the cross ownership rules in place?

I can give you my answer that the league would not be inclined to grant him a waiver to put an NFL ream in the same market he owned a baseball club ,IMO he was barely able to get permission to buy the Rams in view of his other interests .
That said I think the NFL has more than one and less than a hundred rules that wouldn't stand up in court ,EITHER way Stan was ONLY going to buy into the Rams if they moved to StL I think that's been established regardless how one wants to word it and that conveys to me the belief Kroenke's conviction goes higher than profit in his personal hierarchy of motivation possibly to self actualization ,I know that feeling myself and have spent well beyond my own sensible means to establish things I wanted to see happen.
His money is worthless if it won't buy what he WANTS