McClellan gives Bernie the Chicken Little Club password

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Can't wait to read Bernie's reply...oh wait...I can. Best line: "Besides, if Kroenke’s mother-in-law wanted to go to a game in Los Angeles, she could just go to the airport and buy an airline. That’s the way these people are."

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ooohhhhh what's the biggest flipper and flopper gonna do now?

Probably just ignore him.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
They should invite Bernie as a guest on Donnybrook (a PBS news broadcast with a panel of local journalist including McClellan as a regular...kind of like "theMcLaughlin Group") I've always been a fan of McClellan. He's a messy, quirky, a bit callous "tell it like it is" guy.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am morphing my opinion about the Rams staying in St Louis as well....I have heard many posters articulate the reasons why it's improbable...But then I look at a multi-billionaire like Kroenke and think money will grease the skids in whatever direction he chooses to go....As for the article, love seeing Bernie M's massive ego getting punctured

Last edited:

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
A disclaimer and an observation. In the past I always found Bernie to be mildly irritating yet erudite and entertaining.
I applaud his self control on managing his weight. I am only jealous. I can usually make it till beer-thirty then all hell breaks loose.

Now the But-monkey. IMHO Bernie seems more petulant. Could he be the scorned Rams ugly step child? Just feels like a falling out with the powers that be.... or given that the brain is 60% fat (fatty acids) could it be a brain starved for ideas. PDWD Post Dispatch Writers Disorder

iced

Lol that was entertaining...

However..
Now the league has assigned an executive to oversee the league’s return to Los Angeles

That doesn't mean the Rams are the reason that they're doing so... last i checked:

-We're not the only team on a year to year option....
-And unlike the other teams, our owner has never publicly discussed interest in moving...
-Speaking of which, the Raiders are definitely looking to move.. which is where I think Goodell comes in..i mean hell Mark Davis has already talked to San Antonio about moving the team there..he's looking to move..

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Heck if Stan want to move the RAMS closer to his ranch in Montana, I want them in Helena and not Billings. (y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

However..

That doesn't mean the Rams are the reason that they're doing so... last i checked:

-We're not the only team on a year to year option....,
-And unlike the other teams, our owner has never publicly discussed interest in moving...
-Speaking of which, the Raiders are definitely looking to move.. which is where I think Goodell comes in..i mean hell Mark Davis has already talked to San Antonio about moving the team there..he's looking to move..
I hear ya..Davis wants to move the Raiders in the worst way, yet, I think his position is weaker than Stan Kroenke, the Multi-billionaire. The NFL wants a slam dunk in LA. Kroenke has land (and would purchase more) in an area that was approved for a stadium back when Al Davis still had the Raiders in LA. Kroenke could build the whole darn thing himself, but won't. He is looking for the best deal, and may think doubling the value of the Rams by moving back to LA, might be a good biz decision. I am blown away that Silent Stan never says anything, and yet buys land in a provocative area.and now this move by the NFL.....hmmmm

iced

I hear ya..Davis wants to move the Raiders in the worst way, yet, I think his position is weaker than Stan Kroenke, the Multi-billionaire. The NFL wants a slam dunk in LA. Kroenke has land (and would purchase more) in an area that was approved for a stadium back when Al Davis still had the Raiders in LA. Kroenke could build the whole darn thing himself, but won't. He is looking for the best deal, and may think doubling the value of the Rams by moving back to LA, might be a good biz decision. I am blown away that Silent Stan never says anything, and yet buys land in a provocative area.and now this move by the NFL.....hmmmm

him buying land as a real estate guy to me is about as news worthy as mcdonalds buying potatoes.

I honestly think the only reason the NFL is suddenly interested in LA is because of Mark Davis - they didn't get involved until after he had spoken to san antonio

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
him buying land as a real estate guy to me is about as news worthy as mcdonalds buying potatoes.

I honestly think the only reason the NFL is suddenly interested in LA is because of Mark Davis - they didn't get involved until after he had spoken to san antonio

Timing of the purchase, and the location of the real estate..coupled with the prior NFL connection to that real estate..makes me think it's not akin to McDonalds purchasing potatoes.....More closely McDonalds doing traffic surveys etc. for a new franchiuse location.
Mark Davis might have gotten the ball rolling, but that doesn't mean that he will be allowed an unrestricted access to LA...You might end up being right iced, but there are moving parts, working beneath the surface..Meanwhile, Stan says nothing.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Bill McClellan is always entertaining. I don't always agree with him, but I love his sense of humor.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

However..

-We're not the only team on a year to year option....

......"has never publicly dicussed interest in moving" .......and yet he has never publicly discussed an interest in staying either......we only have his actions to judge him by.

Has anyone paid attention to his actions?

- Stan did not exercise his option to purchase the team until the last moment. Did anyone notice it was AFTER the owners meetings? He could've purchased the team before that but he opted not to. Owners need approval from their fellow owners in order to move their team. It is my opinion that he didn't want full ownership of the Rams if he was NOT able to move them to another location.

-He was one of finalists in the bid for the Dodgers. Had he won the bid, he would not have been able to keep both franchises in their respective cities due to the cross ownership laws. Moving the Rams to LA is the only way he would've been able to keep both franchises under the cross ownership laws. Why would he make a bid for the Dodgers if he wasn't ready to move the Rams?