McClain: Shocked If Texans Dont' Take A QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
From: John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL (Texans Beat Writer/ 35 Year NFL Reporter)

I've been saying 4 weeks and I will say until I believe differently, but the Texans are taking a quarterback. I'll be shocked if they don't.

iced

I believe this guy.... always shake my head whenever i see clowney going to texans.. not that he's not worth it, just that that team is getting a QB.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's the best thing that could happen for us. Them taking Robinson or Clowney would be bad.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've heard him on NFL Radio twice in the last two weeks and he has said the same thing. He may end up being wrong, but the way he's going out on a limb, he may know something he's not revealing. He's covered the NFL forever, so he's not some hack.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I believe this guy.... always shake my head whenever i see clowney going to texans.. not that he's not worth it, just that that team is getting a QB.
I wouldn't, I still think Clowney goes 1

moklerman

Warner-phile
You may be right but I don't think so. Schaub's lost it. It isn't just a matter of the Texans moving on, Schaub has actually lost the ability to be a viable starting QB. It isn't a case of him just needing to heal up, he's just hit a mental roadblock and I don't see there being any benefit for the Texans and their new regime to keeping him.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
There are logically only 3 options for Houston. QB, Clowney, or trade down.

Obviously, trading down and getting their QB is best. But if they trade down with Atlanta, their QB may be gone before #6. So they can't go down that far. Clowney is the bait that Houston has at #1. I think it will be hard for Houston to get a trade for him that works for them.

iced

I wouldn't, I still think Clowney goes 1

I don't see it. A QB Guru as a new head coach + they ran through all their QB's last year while their starter was the first ever in NFL history to throw pick 6's in 5 staight games...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I don't see it. A QB Guru as a new head coach + they ran through all their QB's last year while their starter was the first ever in NFL history to throw pick 6's in 5 staight games...

Yup.

The big question is who is gonna play QB for them? If you don't draft the best QB you can, then you may very well end up where the Cards ended up 2 years ago with a wasted season and the HC getting dumped. Right now the Texans have junk at QB. Hint: Why do you think they are drafting #1 overall anyway?

Here's a worst case, but very possible scenario if the draft Clowney. Clowney turns out to be a up and down player who only plays when he wants to. A worst case Mario Williams. Then the Texans have no QB and a problem DE getting paid big bucks. Then they end up letting Clowney go in FA is a few years, just like they let Mario go, just about the same time Bortles makes the playoffs with another team.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Their coach is said to be a QB Guru. ( Guru is french for full of shyte) They think hey can fix or develop any QB. They will take a QB this draft.
They can takes Bortles at 1.
Trade back and take Bridgewater, Carr, etc.
Take a QB in the late first or 2nd. ( My fav.)
The owner says take Johnny Football. Don't discount this.
Stay with what they have at a lower cost.
The coach takes or signs who ever would be the best scheme fit. A Vet. for now while developing the future QB to fit in his scheme.