McClain: I'd Be Stunned If Fisher Took WR in 1st Round Again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Houston Texans beat writer John McClain joined Frank Cusumano to talk NFL Draft. He says the Texans would prefer to trade down, but if they don’t they’ll probably take Clowney. In his mock draft he had the Rams taking Matthews at #2. He’s known Fisher since 1994 and says he’s conservative. McClain said he’d be stunned if Fisher took a WR in the 1st round for the 2nd year in a row. He’s also known Greg Williams since 1990 and says Williams is the best addition they’ve made in the offseason. Anybody they take on defense will have to be tough physically and mentally to play for Williams. McClain says Pryor is a Fisher/Williams type of guy, but it’s too high to pick either safety at #13.

Listen to McClain Talk Draft and Rams

paceram

Pro Bowler
Houston Texans beat writer John McClain joined Frank Cusumano to talk NFL Draft. He says the Texans would prefer to trade down, but if they don’t they’ll probably take Clowney. In his mock draft he had the Rams taking Matthews at #2. He’s known Fisher since 1994 and says he’s conservative. McClain said he’d be stunned if Fisher took a WR in the 1st round for the 2nd year in a row. He’s also known Greg Williams since 1990 and says Williams is the best addition they’ve made in the offseason. Anybody they take on defense will have to be tough physically and mentally to play for Williams. McClain says Pryor is a Fisher/Williams type of guy, but it’s too high to pick either safety at #13.

Listen to McClain Talk Draft and Rams

I am certainly NO expert on the Rams but I personally won't be stunned if the Rams draft Watkins with their 1st pick. Just like I won't be stunned if they end up picking Robinson, Matthews, Mack or Clowney (if he is available).