Mayock: Khalil Mack Would Be My No. 1 Overall Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Thanks for that Bonifay. Good thing to know about him. Of course I doubt we were or are going to draft him but not I won't even dream about it. :LOL:

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Unless Atlanta trades away their pick, the Falcon's will pick Khalil Mack by #6. The furthest I can see Mack fall is to the Titans at 11.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He looked bad in all of the on field drills. He would struggle in coverage, he has extremely tight hips, and had a hard time listening in the drills, or doing them correctly. He kept guessing.
Sure you aren't talking about Barr? Mack looked fluid.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm sure. Mack looked stiff to me.

I'm surprised to hear that but I'll defer to your opinion as I only really saw the highlights. Regardless I don't see us drafting him or any LB in the first.

As a side note: Mayock thinks he's going #1... ridiculous.

Alan

Legend
I would be hugely surprised if we were to draft a LB in the 1st round. Maybe if we trade down with the Browns and get 3 1sts. Even then I doubt it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm surprised to hear that but I'll defer to your opinion as I only really saw the highlights. Regardless I don't see us drafting him or any LB in the first.

As a side note: Mayock thinks he's going #1... ridiculous.
I don't see us doing that either. BTW, I don't think it will hurt his draft status at all, but he looks more like a 3-4 than a 4-3 backer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sure you aren't talking about Barr? Mack looked fluid.

That is exactly what I was wondering. Barrs stock supposedly took a hit after the combine and Mack's improved/stayed the same. I thought Mack looked good and in games he did everything successfully. He would be an incredible weapon for Williams. He has been compared to Ricky Jackson. He is a very strong pass rusher and plays the run well. He may not be good at dropping deep, but he covered well near the line.

That being said, he is a luxury for the Rams at this point IMO. They have more important needs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That is exactly what I was wondering. Barrs stock supposedly took a hit after the combine and Mack's improved/stayed the same. I thought Mack looked good and in games he did everything successfully. He would be an incredible weapon for Williams. He has been compared to Ricky Jackson. He is a very strong pass rusher and plays the run well. He may not be good at dropping deep, but he covered well near the line.

That being said, he is a luxury for the Rams at this point IMO. They have more important needs.
They both came out pretty unscathed, to highly praised, I was just giving my point of view. Once these guys talk a guy up so much, it's hard to back out. I don't have a dog in the fight, nor did I watch a ton of film on Mack. Again, just relaying what I saw out of him, and I was rather surprised, which is why I made a note out of it.

Stiffness in a LB isn't always a bad thing, and it doesn't always translate, see Trumaine Johnson as a corner--he does fine with the stiffness he has. Jarvis Jones had a terrible combine, yet they talked him up last year, even as he totally struggled in the drills.