Maybe?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I was just thinking about how stail our offense is, and it got me wondering. Last week when you saw the end around fake to Austin, then handed to Givens for the rush, why not instead of having Givens run for a few yards, have him sling the ball down field to an open receiver. I'm sure someone would give up their man seeing that Givens has the ball. Someone would be open. Fool the defense for a big gain. In Givens' wire cam video, you can see him toss the ball back deep. Dude has a cannon on his shoulder. Is he accurate? Who knows. Maybe worth the try? Opinions?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like what happened to the days when RB's would throw the ball from time to time? We need Tomlinson.....(bleu font)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's a fun play, even when it doesn't work.

I'd like to see more "statue of liberty" plays.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Don't get me wrong, I love me some gadget plays, but I'd rather get some of the more basic plays working before throwing more complexity into the mix. Screens, sweeps, quick-outs, counters -- these are also some of my favorite things yet they seem to be called/executed with similar infrequency.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Halfback passes huh? No faith in regular offense...When you have to resort to trick plays every game, you're doomed...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally my favorite play is one that scores the most!:D Just thought I'd throw that out their because I couldn't think of anything else!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Halfback passes huh? No faith in regular offense...When you have to resort to trick plays every game, you're doomed...
So you don't want any play fakes,any way you can trick the defense is fine if it works ,I'd say our current situation dictates imagination ,in their Landry hay day the Cowboys utilized the halfback option about four to five times a year,I still remember how they first used it with Ron Springs who caught everyone off guard because he was left handed and absolutely NO ONE on the Cardinals expected a HB running left to throw

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So you don't want any play fakes,any way you can trick the defense is fine if it works ,I'd say our current situation dictates imagination ,in their Landry hay day the Cowboys utilized the halfback option about four to five times a year,I still remember how they first used it with Ron Springs who caught everyone off guard because he was left handed and absolutely NO ONE on the Cardinals expected a HB running left to throw
not at the expense of blocking & tackling & responsibilities....13 penalties dictates no time to practice trickery

RamWoodie

Legend
Get a dose of realism! Winning is not about fancy deceptive plays, thought they have a time and a place. It's about execution on both sides of the ball. After that loss last week why even go in to this when one play doesn't change the game?

Here's the issue at hand:

1. Sam went down...the has deflated the offense as well as the team. You can put a positive spin on that, but after seeing how Bradford was throwing the ball in preseason it's a real downer.

2. The Ram defense has clearly stated they like William's defensive system. However, after last week, its obvious they don't have it down quite yet.

3. Hill goes down while the game is still in the balances...and that deflates the offense even more.

Now...the thing to do is simply wait! Let Fisher and company "do what they do" through the week. Scheming, planning. and adjusting. Tomorrow, you'll find out how if the Rams have made proper adjustments, and had a good game plan.

THAT IS ALL...(y)