Maybe we should be preparing ourselves for Flowers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Just looking at mock drafts this morning and a lot, I mean A LOT have the Rams taking Flowers. I'm not so sure we should pass on a WR but I trust the Rams brass here.

Stel

Starter
I'm fine with Flowers (but hopefully after a slight trade down to snag an extra day 2 pick!).

Have said for months that the BPA at #10 would be a WR. Still think that, still don't think we should pass on one unless a solid trade down offer is there.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I find it funny how follow the herd-like these things are...Mock Drafts / rankings. Mayock says it yesterday, so today it's just rote. Group think at its greatest. Same thing goes when fantasy football season rolls around. There ends up being one grand list that pretty much everyone goes by.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Have no real issues with Flowers but this ORT is a bona fide REACH if selected with the Rams top 10 selection.

Flowers would get a very early insertion into the starting ORT post. So this OL'er has the strong appeal that would improve this team now & way into the future, but if you use that #10 pick on him ......:unsure:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
8375005_orig.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Most have had them taking Scherf. If the Giants take him then the Rams have other options. It would make Jrry's day if they did.

Would make my day if Scherff, Flowers, and Gregory went in the top nine. That's everyone that I don't want them to draft in the first round. I know how impossible that is. I don't care.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Would make my day if Scherff, Flowers, and Gregory went in the top nine. That's everyone that I don't want them to draft in the first round. I know how impossible that is. I don't care.

I am fine with Flowers if they trade back to get him. I prefer Erving around 20+ but they are probably thinking that Tackle is a more valuable position and they can address Guard later on. Flowers has some things to work on but there is no saying that he cannot. If Clemmings can do it why not Flowers? Both supposedly have a mean streak. Flowers is probably ahead of Clemmings when it comes to being a lineman since TJ got a late start.

I agree about Gregory. I have not liked either Gregory or Ray all along. At least not in a 4/3. I am uncertain about Scherf. Some think he can be a pro bowl guard. I think he will be solid, but I am not so certain he will be great.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I find it funny how follow the herd-like these things are...Mock Drafts / rankings. Mayock says it yesterday, so today it's just rote. Group think at its greatest. Same thing goes when fantasy football season rolls around. There ends up being one grand list that pretty much everyone goes by.

I think there is good reason for it. Say you work with Mayock and he tells you that his source, or multiple sources tell him that the Rams are really locking into Flowers. Now if you don't have any real solid info regarding the Rams interest, wouldn't you run with it? I know I would. It is better than taking a guess.

Things kind of culminate the closer you get to the draft too. I remember the Brian Quick workout rumor late and the Tavon workout late?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey Coder, I think they've been following me around in ROD

Have no real issues with Flowers but this ORT is a bona fide REACH if selected with the Rams top 10 selection.
Do you, or have you heard that many have said there are only 7 first-round graded worthy players in this draft? Do you believe this? And if so, doesn't it make it wise to select the BPA on your board if you can't find a suitable trade down option?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Do you, or have you heard that many have said there are only 7 first-round graded worthy players in this draft?
Just here.
Do you believe this?
Yes reasonable to me I guess I would have the same number myself.
And if so, doesn't it make it wise to select the BPA on your board if you can't find a suitable trade down option?
Probably.....this pick would have to greatly improve this 6-10 Ram team. A BPA on a prospect that does nothing to assist the improvement of this team must be highly studied.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would ONLY take Flowers in a trade-down, never at 10! and then only if several OT's & OG/C are gone!!

Athos

Legend
I would ONLY take Flowers in a trade-down, never at 10! and then only if several OT's & OG/C are gone!!

Bottom of the 1st. I don't wanna another raw as shit pass blocking taken high again.

Snipe the Ravens for draft picks and move down to 23.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like Flowers, always have, and originally I wanted him in a trade down. I hope that still happens. He has a high upside, and he'd be a good fit on our growing team. Dude plays hard, and has some real functional strength. Needs some technique work. Duke, the all-time leading rusher at Miami, when asked who he would take with him, if he could take one player to an NFL team, without hesitation answered... Ereck Flowers. I don't like Scherff, don't want him in the 1st, at all. He misses too many blocks, and he doesn't follow a lot of plays. He just stops.