Maybe there’s cause for hope for an earlier return for OBJ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Maybe he might be available in 6 months like Akers was?

Here’s a terrific article that gives legit reasons for hope for OBJ’s quicker return.

[www.aol.com]

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd like to see them ink his ass first. Get him locked up on a one year deal so he can do this again in 2022 then get his big retirement contract elsewhere after winning another championship with us.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd like to see them ink his ass first. Get him locked up on a one year deal so he can do this again in 2022 then get his big retirement contract elsewhere after winning another championship with us.
Give me a 2-3 year deal. Incentive heavy in Year 1.

tempests

Hall of Fame
It took him 11 months to come back the first time. We're fortunate if he can play at all in 2022.

Take as much time as he needs. Absolutely no need to rush anything.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Here’s a terrific article that gives legit reasons for hope for OBJ’s quicker return.

[www.aol.com]
Two different injuries and ages. Not sure they have made the strides in ACL injuries
as they have with the Achilles injuries, But I am with you 100%
I heard they were going to have to take a look at OBJ's knee even prior to the injury.
So hopefully it's something he can return from quickly and be able to be just as
awesome as he was this past season.
OBJ gets a bad rap. Only thing I have seen is a positive player who can still ball
And I would love to see OBJ, Woody and Kupp wreaking havoc next year.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get him locked up early so he can make use of our training staff. I have to imagine the Browns shitshow of health support staff was at least partially responsible for the slow recovery first time around.

I'm not particularly worried about the timeline, so long as he's with the team. Pretty sure the Rams can stay in the playoff race without him, then get welcome reinforcements towards the end of the season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It's a great article on Akers and his recovery from an Achilles injury but I don't see how it applies to an ACL.

Q729

Legend
Expect the full recovery timeline. We're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we keep expecting these miracle recoveries as the new norm right now. Give it time! And if it happens early again? Bonus!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Expect the full recovery timeline. We're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we keep expecting these miracle recoveries as the new norm right now. Give it time! And if it happens early again? Bonus!

Sort of like expecting Akers to start pounding out 100yd games this post season.

Beckham probably doesn’t get 100% back in ‘22, but he has shown good body position and strong hands which will be 100% good to go when his knee is ready for game action.

Ram65

Legend
His best chances are to rehab with the Rams staff. If he could be back by the end of the regular season that would be great. Hope the Rams sign him and then go from there.

Recovery time 9-12 months for ACL injuries like Winston's: doctor​

The ACL is a ligament deep inside the knee. The MCL is a ligament on the inner outside of the knee joint. They are two of four ligaments that hold the joint together

Author: Meg Farris (WWL)
Published: 5:07 PM CDT November 1, 2021
Updated: 5:11 PM CDT November 1, 2021
FacebookTwitter
NEW ORLEANS — Now that we are learning more about Jameis Winston's knee injury, what does that mean from the medical and rehab perspective?
We wanted to better understand what lies ahead for Jameis, so we talked to one of the leading knee doctors in the area.
New Orleans Saints head coach Asshole Face revealed that he cried when he saw quarterback Jameis Winston on crutches in the locker room. He told saints fans before medical confirmation, that his starting QB's injury was significant.

Monday we learned just how significant that injury is.

“The ACL helps provide stability to the knee especially with lateral movements, pivoting or moving side to side,” explained Dr. Wendell Heard, Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine at Tulane.
Dr. Heard is not Jameis' doctor. We asked him to explain reports that the Saints starter had torn his ACL and a damaged his MCL.
“In general, an ACL will not heal on its own, so it does need surgery to provide stability back to the knee,” Heard said.

The ACL is a ligament deep inside the knee. The MCL is a ligament on the inner outside of the knee joint. They are two of four ligaments that hold the joint together.

“Fixing it with stitches does not work in an ACL, and so what happens is the entire ligament is reconstructed. And so usually we take a part of another part of the knee to use to make a new ACL,” Heard said.

Sometimes doctors have to wait a couple of weeks before surgery so the inflammation can go down. And then there is also news the 27-year-old, former Heisman Trophy winner probably does not want to hear.

“The recovery typically is about nine months, sometimes up to 12 months before full return to sport and activity. So it's a long recovery. It's a tough recovery.” Dr. Heard noted.

The good news is that pro athletes are already strong and conditioned and heal faster, but the flip side is they're trying to get back to an ultra-high level of performance and demand on the body.

When asked if the knee is ever as good and stable and solid as it was before, he replied, “So the return to sport and activity rates are good especially for the quarterback position, and so the expectation is that he will be happy with his knee.”
And Dr. Heard says Jameis' priorities post-op will be getting range of motion and strength back and keeping the swelling down.

Rehab will be a lot of strengthening and endurance work.
Athletes recover well too because they are very motivated, according to Dr. Heard.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I like him but he is injury prone. He was injured leaning down for a pass without contact.

He is going to have to take a contract at way below what he likely be asking for him to have value.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

[www.aol.com]
There is hope for a relatively quicker return for OBJ. It is a different issue however than the new procedure used for the repair of Akers Achilles' tendon which permitted him to undertake serious rehab much sooner.

The issue with the ACL is the recovery time for the repair in the ligament itself (often by patching in a tendon or other substitute) which must in effect become part of the ligament itself. That is apparently unpredictable, commonly 8-9 months, but could be shorter or longer.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
OBJ, Bobby Trees and Jacob Harris all tore ACLs last season - damn that’s a lot for one position group!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sort of like expecting Akers to start pounding out 100yd games this post season.

Beckham probably doesn’t get 100% back in ‘22, but he has shown good body position and strong hands which will be 100% good to go when his knee is ready for game action.

First off what are your expectations of OBj as a Ram? Cam is cam,I can’t tell you where I think he was or is from his knee.I do know there was a lot going on with The Rams run game.To me it was sort of a mess & lack of consistency all the way around.I was happy for the depth of the RB group.

I have no idea what the rules are & what is a loud for teams after the SuperBowl?

Noteboom,Whitworth & Allen all were hurt after the 2019 season.

My perspective is Robert Woods is already into his rehab & OBj will benefit IRONICALLY if he stays a Ram & goes through the rehab process
with Reggie & Rams training staff.

Cooper Kupp is an example of recovering from a knee injury.Last season his chronic knee injury became an issue.The experience & knowledge is there within The Rams facility.

FAITH is on The Rams side.Never have seen a team praise GOD as much as this 2022/22 team.Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Guess that is the best way.I notice & follow these relationships true.Von & OBj. Kupp & Woods.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I will never forget my first experience going to the old home depot center for the first time.Having knowledge,but never been & was my last time there.

Just a magical experience for a crazy fan like myself. Yelling at Les Snead & Ram player.

I do take time to appreciate the little things though. It was a Chargers event for there Fans to promote SOFI & the team to LA.

The Rams had a booth in front above the first steps up from the parking lot. I parked at Cal Dominguez. It was The first game scrimmage under Sean Mcvay.

Talk about building & seeing relationships & knowing how things have come along to this point I find fascinating. Reporters can write all they want. I like this Gal Rodriquez because she feels the team & gets those inside views & has that passion for the players.

My main point here is Robert Woods mom talking to the girls giving passes & representing The Rams. It was her & his Fathers first experience as a Ram Mom & Dad. As people around here that went to the Tampa game call The Ramaily ?

Hearing the story of Robert Woods Father passing away all of a sudden during the bye week of The SuperBowl was SADDENING.

I didn’t really notice him,but Robert Woods Mother is a Class Act.I feel for there loss.

Robert Woods & OBj we’re on the sidelines together cheering & watching The SuperBowl together.
OBj said he became a Ram right after getting Robert Woods advice of accepting him which meant(means) a lot in all this imo.
I also heard OBj had(having ?)his first Son,just to add another piece to the puzzle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well there you go in between my posting. Didn’t even have to look it up. CONGRATULATIONS Odell Beckham you deserve the world of
Lots of hopes & dreams. May your Son be Blessed.

MachS

Hall of Fame

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Holy shit what a couple of posts!!! The guy has matured and is more focused and driven than ever. We saw what he did down the stretch for us. Congrats on the baby for OBJ and glad the surgery went well for him!! Hope we resign him immediately and have him for the next 2-3 yrs. However we need to structure the deal but he needs to be here.
The ”fit” in LA feels good. Usually those things work out, when both sides want it.

But yeah. Cool post by OBJ. He sounds like he’s in a good spot.