Maybe next year Ogletree to OLB??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Relax guys...it's a new scheme remember? crap....4 days ago people around these parts were saying we had multiple Pro Bowlers in the front seven. I have faith that Wade will make the right adjustments. I think Tree is fine, just needs to learn the new system.

IKR? Always seems like after a L, they need to change things up.

Stay the course and let them have the luxury of developing.

JRobinson

MiLB
It's hard to bet against Wade Phillips. But I agree, the defensive personnel was defitnely built for a 4-3. I've heard it mentioned that scheme wise, the D wasn't going to change that much up front. However from what I've seen, there is a noticeable difference.

Luckily for us Phillips has a good track record or I'd be more worried no doubt.

I don't know if I'd say that yet personally. There we're games last season and prior to that where we struggled to stop the run TBH. The main difference is however that we are not as blitzing much yet. I can concur on that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Barron is a former Safety.
Tree is a true 4-3 OLB.
Quinn is probably better at DE in a 4-3, well see on that one.
Barwin fits the position, he's just not as effective as he use to be.

Barron and Tree's fit at ILB have been discussed and discussed here tbh, so you're not alone there that's for sure. Still have hope for Tree, with Barron, well, we'll see, I remain very skeptical that he can do it but wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

4-3 DEs are typically a little heavier in the pants than Quinn. He should have zero problems playing in this defense as he has the wheels and everything else you want out there on the blindside. Height/weight-wise he's undoubtedly a better fit for Wade's system IMO. Bigger problem with Quinn is something along the lines of general give-a-F, or age, or whatever, because he's not the same guy he used to be. Dude looks like he's going to finish the season on the bench tbh.

Agree on Barwin, but as long as he logs most snaps at LDE he should be solid. He's a good fit there still and should still have some games where he flashes a bit.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I always like the "if its not broke, dont fix it" approach. Wish coaches would adjust as much as they want their players too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
While I'm thinking about it re: Quinn... I suspect we're going to see some changes sooner vice later in the form of decreased snaps. Ebukam will likely get some work there this week in practice and start to spell him more to keep him fresh on the obvious passing downs.

Re: snaps and Barron, they might do the same but I think we're still in that "let's get him fixed" mode where they're trying to get the production out of him. Hope they succeed there too.