Maybe Lynn isn't off the market after all

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bills job is going to be the least desired in the league. The Pegulas have already made a name for themselves in league circles for being impatient, and when you have a head coach opt out of his contract to go take a lesser job somewhere else... Well, let's just say that is extremely telling.

As to what their plan is, I doubt even they know. I'd refuse to even interview for that job if I were a top coordinator.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
The Bills job is going to be the least desired in the league. The Pegulas have already made a name for themselves in league circles for being impatient, and when you have a head coach opt out of his contract to go take a lesser job somewhere else... Well, let's just say that is extremely telling.

As to what their plan is, I doubt even they know. I'd refuse to even interview for that job if I were a top coordinator.
That Bills job isn't great, but I'm pretty sure Marrone thought he was going to land a more prestigious head coaching job, not end up the Jags OL coach.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That Bills job isn't great, but I'm pretty sure Marrone thought he was going to land a more prestigious head coaching job, not end up the Jags OL coach.

100% correct sir, Marrone overplayed his hand, that's for sure. Now I could see the Bills hiring Lynn for a multitude of reasons and bringing in a defensive coordinator to keep some continuity Mike Pettine back in Western, NY to coordinate the defense would ensure the transition could be seamless both offensively & defensively.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think there was more to it than that. Kirwan had an interesting discussion on that topic the other day, too, when discussing the quick turnover there and how the perception was that whoever they hired next was gonna be the next coach to pack his bags quickly.

They'll get someone to do the job, since there's a limited number of them. But they're not going to attract the top guys because people around the league know it's a clown show. I'll bet Shanahan and McDaniels both won't even interview with them.

IMO they will settle for Lynn, and he will be lucky to last a year.