Maybe its just me.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Am I the only one who thinks that Tru's injury might hurt the Rams as much or more than Bradfords the first six weeks.
The guy was the Rams best corner. Big physical match up on the outside. Gaines will step up and play well for sure. But still The transition from Bradford to Hill might be a little more seamless while Williams may have to compensate a little more for Gaines inexperience.

P.S. Bradford didn't take one to the temple. He will get fixed, rehab and be back. No time table or if it will be the Rams for sure, but I don't think he's going out that way. RGmee came back from two on the same knee and he still gets around.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Something I was wondering is if Gaines, Jenkins, and Joyner are all playing very well would the Rams finally consider using Johnson as a safety?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Joyner lined up at safety for at least a few snaps against the Browns - I'm finally watching the game now.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Am I the only one who thinks that Tru's injury might hurt the Rams as much or more than Bradfords the first six weeks.
The guy was the Rams best corner. Big physical match up on the outside. Gaines will step up and play well for sure. But still The transition from Bradford to Hill might be a little more seamless while Williams may have to compensate a little more for Gaines inexperience.

P.S. Bradford didn't take one to the temple. He will get fixed, rehab and be back. No time table or if it will be the Rams for sure, but I don't think he's going out that way. RGmee came back from two on the same knee and he still gets around.

I'm glad that a 4-6 week recovery window includes 2 preseason weeks and a buy week for an extra week of recovery. If there is a time the Rams have to be without him, the opening 4 games are as good as it gets.

A fast recovery means only 2 missed games.

jjab360

Legend
I'm a Johnson fan but there's no way his injury comes close to having the impact Bradford's does.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

No, you're not. The only plus is, assuming it was going to be a tough decision cutting rookie corners, (which I believe), is that we get to look at an additional CB for 6 weeks.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
You mean 2-4 games.
Best case is 4 games. His timeline for a return to practice is on or around Oct. 1st. They have a bye week in there, so if he starts practicing Oct. 1st, he MAY be able to come back for the Oct. 13th game which is game vs. SF.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Best case is 4 games. His timeline for a return to practice is on or around Oct. 1st. They have a bye week in there, so if he starts practicing Oct. 1st, he MAY be able to come back for the Oct. 13th game which is game vs. SF.

“We’ll miss Trumaine anywhere from four to six weeks with an MCL sprain,” Fisher said.

Did I miss an update? I'm counting 2 weeks preseason and 2 game weeks with worse case he goes 6 weeks which takes him into the buy week. (I goofed on my first post and week 4 buy is better than I thought)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
“We’ll miss Trumaine anywhere from four to six weeks with an MCL sprain,” Fisher said.

Did I miss an update? I'm counting 2 weeks preseason and 2 game weeks with worse case he goes 6 weeks which takes him into the buy week. (I goofed on my first post and week 4 buy is better than I thought)
cant very well count 2 weeks of preseason,,, look at a calendar from the date it happened.

RamzFanz

Damnit
cant very well count 2 weeks of preseason,,, look at a calendar from the date it happened.

The 23rd of August. Which is 2 weeks and a day to the first game. 3 weeks to the second game. 4 weeks to the 3rd game.

I'm not saying he will play in the 3rd game, that's pretty optimistic, but by Fishers comments, it looks at least possible. Yes?

So best case, if I'm right, is game three Dallas and worst case is Eagles game four with a buy in there.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The 23rd of August. Which is 2 weeks and a day to the first game. 3 weeks to the second game. 4 weeks to the 3rd game.

I'm not saying he will play in the 3rd game, that's pretty optimistic, but by Fishers comments, it looks at least possible. Yes?

So best case, if I'm right, is game three Dallas and worst case is Eagles game four with a buy in there.
you are assuming he plays the week he is cleared, I am not that optimistic. Not after missing 4-6 weeks. I would say conservatively, even if he is cleared to return after 4 weeks, he doesn't play until the 4th game. more realistic, IMO, that it's game 5 on Oct 13th vs. SF

RamzFanz

Damnit
you are assuming he plays the week he is cleared, I am not that optimistic. Not after missing 4-6 weeks. I would say conservatively, even if he is cleared to return after 4 weeks, he doesn't until the 4th game. more realistic, IMO, that it's game 5 on Oct 13th vs. SF

Fair enough. God speed to him.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
you are assuming he plays the week he is cleared, I am not that optimistic. Not after missing 4-6 weeks. I would say conservatively, even if he is cleared to return after 4 weeks, he doesn't play until the 4th game. more realistic, IMO, that it's game 5 on Oct 13th vs. SF
Coach, in your opinion, could this come down to a choice between using the IR/Designated Return on Johnson or B. Jones? Both potentially out about the same amount of time, although Johnson likely less than the 6wks the Designated Return requires. Can't carry too many players that will be out extended periods on the roster without making some hard choices.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Coach, in your opinion, could this come down to a choice between using the IR/Designated Return on Johnson or B. Jones? Both potentially out about the same amount of time, although Johnson likely less than the 6wks the Designated Return requires. Can't carry too many players that will be out extended periods on the roster without making some hard choices.
I doubt they use it on either player. This may be the injury that forces Jones to be placed on IR for the entire season. What its gonna do, is alter the final numbers they keep in positions they may not have planned to keep. Almost guarantees a 6th CB, and I for one, wasn't convinced that would be the case.

They may only be able to keep 9 OL, while all along I thought 10 was realistic. This may ensure they keep Davis, and PS Gilbert, to get an extra roster spot. There are just way too many unknowns now, to have any real feel for what they are gonna do.

Last edited: