Maybe Bernie Kosar Was Right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kellen Clemens was awful albeit running for his life, but he makes far too many mistakes. You could see a huge difference in the dicipline of the Wide Receivers and their ability to hold onto the ball with the Rams & Packers and Green Bay was missing their best two WR's.

Many illegal formations that falls on the WR's and WR Coach Ray Sherman needs to do a better job because at this point I am not impressed with any of the WR's with the exception of Givens and that includes the Rams number one pick. Can any of these guys run a route correctly? Again big difference with the WR's of the Packers & Rams!

iced

den-the-coach said:
Kellen Clemens was awful albeit running for his life, but he makes far too many mistakes. You could see a huge difference in the dicipline of the Wide Receivers and their ability to hold onto the ball with the Rams & Packers and Green Bay was missing their best two WR's.

Many illegal formations that falls on the WR's and WR Coach Ray Sherman needs to do a better job because at this point I am not impressed with any of the WR's with the exception of Givens and that includes the Rams number one pick. Can any of these guys run a route correctly? Again big difference with the WR's of the Packers & Rams!

The blame also extends to the quarterback - it's his job to get everyone lined up properly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the Clemens era is about to end... but in fairness, the oline was horrific when he got in the game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
I think the Clemens era is about to end... but in fairness, the oline was horrific when he got in the game.

Agreed OL depth at this point is horrific, however, the forced pass to TE Mike McNeill into triple coverage was horrendous and he had good protection and other options on that play!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
iced said:
den-the-coach said:

The blame also extends to the quarterback - it's his job to get everyone lined up properly.

Sez who?

I do know the QB has many things to check pre-snap, but I'm pretty sure checking his WRs just before the snap is lowest on the list. (It's actually their job, the WRs)

A55VA6

Legend
The backup OL was bad... but I keep repeating myself. Clemens is still the worst NFL QB I have ever seen. Like seriously. Get him off this roster NOW.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fish talked about those illegal formation penalties being caused by the tackles lining up too far back. He said the refs usually give them a warning first before calling the penalty , but this crew was giving no warnings. So I'm not sure that the illegal formations can be put on the WRs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As i eluded to in another thread,i'm not seeing near enough separation from our receivers either. Givens has obviously shown that he can get behind the defense,but thusfar i'm seeing alot of WR's having to fight for balls,dive into the dirt with a defender on his back...dig routes even...the defender just seems to be all up in these guys shorts on every pass.

NOT panicking,but these guys have a ways to go yet.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
A55VA6 said:
The backup OL was bad... but I keep repeating myself. Clemens is still the worst NFL QB I have ever seen. Like seriously. Get him off this roster NOW.
Agreed Clemens shouldn't be starting on a high school team let alone on a nfl roster

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
den-the-coach said:

I agree with this assessment of our receivers. I think all are still works in progress and have a ways to go.

That said, I would stop short of calling them horrible or an embarrassment. Just very young and still learning.

Givens has been a bright spot but his speed has allowed him to compensate and make big plays while learning to play in the NFL. The only other receiver who has his speed is Tavon and he wasn't getting much separation either except on the bad throw from SB. That play he was sprung by the pick.

Maybe its the vanilla scheme or lack of game planning that makes it look worse than expected but I'm guessing the others will need more time to learn to run routes well and play faster.

It should just be a matter of time before Tavon learns to use his speed to his advantage, develops a rapport with SB and realizes that NFL defenders are faster and more disciplined than college. He can't juke and outrun them as easily as he was able to before. He'll need to be more decisive and get vertical in a hurry at this level and then his quickness and lateral agility can extend plays.

I'm not worried and I still think Bernie's a D-bag. :cheese:

Speeps

Starter
Overreacting. That's what I think this is to be honest. I remember last preseason a lot of people were concerned about our chances and what Fisher was doing.

This coaching staff is not stupid. They know exactly what their doing. When the season begins and the dogs are allowed to roam and hunt, I'm sure you will look back at this thread and "LOL."

A55VA6

Legend
Speeps said:
Overreacting. That's what I think this is to be honest. I remember last preseason a lot of people were concerned about our chances and what Fisher was doing.

This coaching staff is not stupid. They know exactly what their doing. When the season begins and the dogs are allowed to roam and hunt, I'm sure you will look back at this thread and "LOL."
Most likely. lol