Matthew Stafford (Inside Cabo) How the trade went down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Would this be tampering? I don’t know how those rules work.
My point was even if a team like the 9ers felt there was some tampering the Lions following his wishes pretty much eliminates that as a possibility.

And I have no ideas re: tampering rules either btw. Ain't nobody got time for that. :laugh4:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing re: that article that bugged me was the writer trying to show how Stafford wouldn't answer all his questions, even some he felt were appropriate. At least it seemed that way to me and I found it annoying.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing re: that article that bugged me was the writer trying to show how Stafford wouldn't answer all his questions, even some he felt were appropriate. At least it seemed that way to me and I found it annoying.
I think that he wrapped up that theme near the end when he tied it into Stafford playing things close to the vest because he wants to win.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think it can't be understated how much Matt Patricia had to do with all this.

After 3 years with Patricia, Stafford was so done that he not only wanted out, but the ONLY team he refused to go to was New England... likely because if Patricia accurately brought the "Patriot Way" to Detroit, Matthew wanted nothing more to do with that whatsoever. I know Patricia was fired. The point was that Stafford wasn't up for taking the chance that another Patricia came in.

Many of us have said that the culture McVay has built is massively attractive to current pros out there and rest assured, word HAS gotten around that playing for McVay is for the most part a good thing. Even Talib is over any grudge he had. Seems the only guy to not be okay with us is Marcus Peters and I think we can all live with that seeing as we have Jalen Ramsey who's been nothing, but the consummate pro and leader.

I'm not saying that this doesn't happen if the last coach weren't more like Wayne Fontes, but Patricia at the very least added a lot of fuel to Stafford's fire to get out if not lighting the fuse directly.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

After 3 years with Patricia, Stafford was so done that he not only wanted out, but the ONLY team he refused to go to was New England... likely because if Patricia accurately brought the "Patriot Way" to Detroit, Matthew wanted nothing more to do with that whatsoever. I know Patricia was fired. The point was that Stafford wasn't up for taking the chance that another Patricia came in.

Many of us have said that the culture McVay has built is massively attractive to current pros out there and rest assured, word HAS gotten around that playing for McVay is for the most part a good thing. Even Talib is over any grudge he had. Seems the only guy to not be okay with us is Marcus Peters and I think we can all live with that seeing as we have Jalen Ramsey who's been nothing, but the consummate pro and leader.

I'm not saying that this doesn't happen if the last coach weren't more like Wayne Fontes, but Patricia at the very least added a lot of fuel to Stafford's fire to get out if not lighting the fuse directly.
I like the scenario of Sony being from Georgia & Thomas knowing him & there connections. Being in Belacheats dog house. Now there all Rams. I don’t think Stafford would be happy playing with the Lions this season either,compared to The Rams.

jjab360

Legend

I think the Rams now have the image around the league of a team that knows how to win, knows how to have fun, and takes care of their vets at the same time