Matt Williamson Prediction (Rams v Redskins)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who the freak is this guy?
Scout: Pitt (3 yrs), Akron (1), Browns (1), ESPN (10).
Now: TheScore, Fanrag, FootballGuys, Steelers Radio & Dynasty Blueprint.

Ultimately though, there are no experts when it comes to predicting games.
He's got the same 50/50 shot we all do.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Plz post Arnold Ziffle's game prediction of Rams Skins. (He's more famous).

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Scout: Pitt (3 yrs), Akron (1), Browns (1), ESPN (10).
Now: TheScore, Fanrag, FootballGuys, Steelers Radio & Dynasty Blueprint.

Ultimately though, there are no experts when it comes to predicting games.
He's got the same 50/50 shot we all do.

He'd have better odds if he got rid of the butt chin background and slap a Rams logo on there.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna disagree with him on the Skins defense.

I think they have a lot of talent. Kerrigan, Brown, and Mason Foster in that LB corps along with Preston Smith and Junior Gallette who is finally playing after 2 years on IR. He could be a good situational pass rusher. Norman and Breeland are good corners. I don't like Swearinger as a cover guy but I've heard good things about the other safety Everett, even if he his a bit inexperienced. I don't like their D-line too much. Allen is an interesting first round rookie, but Stacy McGee and Ziggy Hood are just serviceable guys. Hood is actually less than that even.

Regardless, I think that LB corps is great, the secondary is good, and the D-line is at least hovering around league average. They got burned a couple times by the Eagles and they couldn't get off on third down, but I think there's a lot of talent there. Just need to put it together for 60 minutes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think they have a lot of talent. Kerrigan, Brown, and Mason Foster in that LB corps along with Preston Smith and Junior Gallette who is finally playing after 2 years on IR. He could be a good situational pass rusher. Norman and Breeland are good corners. I don't like Swearinger as a cover guy but I've heard good things about the other safety Everett, even if he his a bit inexperienced. I don't like their D-line too much. Allen is an interesting first round rookie, but Stacy McGee and Ziggy Hood are just serviceable guys. Hood is actually less than that even.

Regardless, I think that LB corps is great, the secondary is good, and the D-line is at least hovering around league average. They got burned a couple times by the Eagles and they couldn't get off on third down, but I think there's a lot of talent there. Just need to put it together for 60 minutes.

Looking forward to a great game. Hopefully the offense can operate smoothly against better competition.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think you're being a bit kind. Looking at their starting lineup:
DE: Stacy McGee - JAG
NT: Ziggy Hood - Liability
DE: Jonathan Allen - Talented rookie
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan - Very good player
ILB: Mason Foster - Average
ILB: Zach Brown - Average to above average
OLB: Preston Smith - Inconsistent
CB: Josh Norman - Great player
CB: Bashaud Breeland - Inconsistent
FS: D.J. Swearinger - Good last year; bad before that
SS: DeShazor Everett - Uncertain

They're not completely lacking in talent, but they don't have many guys who are established top players. And their DC, Manusky, isn't good at his job.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Stop the run.
Establish the run.
Win the turnover battle.
Execute.
download (1).jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hope so to, and if they do, people won't be able to say "they just beat up on a bad Colts team" anymore.

Oh but they will. All the signs point to a Rams victory in this game, everyone will just have their eyes opened after the Rams win just like with the Colts.

There's a chance the Skins make this close by their TEs going the F off and maybe running the ball a bit to balance things, but it's unlikely. More likely is the Rams pull away on them and win by at least 10 IMO.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I think you're being a bit kind. Looking at their starting lineup:
DE: Stacy McGee - JAG
NT: Ziggy Hood - Liability
DE: Jonathan Allen - Talented rookie
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan - Very good player
ILB: Mason Foster - Average
ILB: Zach Brown - Average to above average
OLB: Preston Smith - Inconsistent
CB: Josh Norman - Great player
CB: Bashaud Breeland - Inconsistent
FS: D.J. Swearinger - Good last year; bad before that
SS: DeShazor Everett - Uncertain

They're not completely lacking in talent, but they don't have many guys who are established top players. And their DC, Manusky, isn't good at his job.

I think you're underselling Zach Brown and Foster a bit. I think they are both above average 3 down LBs. and Breeland, while inconsistent, is great when he's on. I'll agree on D.J. Swearinger. I've never been high on his coverage skills. I also agree on Ziggy and McGee. Wish I knew more about Everett, but I've heard good things about him. Granted, all from Skins fans and sources, but still.

Bonus Manning schooling D.J. (with context)

View: https://youtu.be/QLPdnPQxUxU

View: https://youtu.be/f1KeIIbZiig

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh but they will. All the signs point to a Rams victory in this game, everyone will just have their eyes opened after the Rams win just like with the Colts.

There's a chance the Skins make this close by their TEs going the F off and maybe running the ball a bit to balance things, but it's unlikely. More likely is the Rams pull away on them and win by at least 10 IMO.
That sounds about right but i'm not expecting quite as much easy sledding this week. If the Rams are "who i think they are", they'll be a 24ppg offense this season. Right about where Washington was last year(24.8ppg). Spread it around, get chunk yardage here and there. It was encouraging to see the success in the red zone last week because McVay's Redskins offense struggled badly in that phase last season. (TD%) 45.9

We'll have to wait and see how Goff and this OLine handles a legit NFL front 7 further on down the schedule. Seattle, Jacksonville, NYG, Houston, Minnesota, Philly etc. If we can get Gurley going i like our chances.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you're underselling Zach Brown and Foster a bit. I think they are both above average 3 down LBs. and Breeland, while inconsistent, is great when he's on. I'll agree on D.J. Swearinger. I've never been high on his coverage skills. I also agree on Ziggy and McGee. Wish I knew more about Everett, but I've heard good things about him. Granted, all from Skins fans and sources, but still.

Zach Brown hit FA and couldn't get a legitimate contract from anyone. If anything I think I oversold him based on his 2016 season with Ryan. Before that, he was a JAG. I stand by what I said about Foster. The Bears waived him back in 2015 after the preseason. He's just an average player.

Breeland has had some spurts of very good player and some spurts of terrible play. Here's a good description:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...breeland-to-see-more-snaps-at-slot-cb-in-2017

He's been a good CB in the slot and a pedestrian CB outside. Washington seems intent on playing him outside again this year.

If anything, I might have sold Swearinger short if he plays like he did last year. But those other guys are who they are, except maybe Zach Brown.

As for DeShazor Everett, I don't know how he's played in the NFL, but he was not a good college player at Texas A&M, so I'm not expecting him to knock our socks off.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That sounds about right but i'm not expecting quite as much easy sledding this week. If the Rams are "who i think they are", they'll be a 24ppg offense this season. Right about where Washington was last year(24.8ppg). Spread it around, get chunk yardage here and there. It was encouraging to see the success in the red zone last week because McVay's Redskins offense struggled badly in that phase last season. (TD%) 45.9

We'll have to wait and see how Goff and this OLine handles a legit NFL front 7 further on down the schedule. Seattle, Jacksonville, NYG, Houston, Minnesota, Philly etc. If we can get Gurley going i like our chances.

I think we have an advantage over Washington (the 2016 Redskins) in the red-zone because we have a lot more size at WR/TE and Gurley at HB. The 2016 Skins were very effective in the red-zone when Jordan Reed played, IIRC, but without him, they struggled because they didn't have much size or a legitimate #1 HB.