Matt Waldman’s RB Cut-Down No.10: RB Eric Dickerson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I was so angry when the Rams traded Dickerson.

I have seen enough of both Dickerson and Lynch to opine that Lynch is not even in the same class as Dickerson. He is a third tier back at best. I would rate both Gore and Steven Jackson ahead of Lynch. Maybe the Writer is another Seattle homer.

My top tier Running backs (interchangeable):

Walter Payton
Eric Dickerson
Marshall Faulk
Jim Brown
OJ Simpson
Barry Sanders
Gale Sayers
L Tomlinson
A Peterson

Second Tier:
Marcus Allen
Emit Smith
T. Davis
Tony Dorsett
Curtis Martin
E. James
Steven Jackson
John Riggins
J. Bettis

Nice job
train
ps i saw all of them.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Nice job
train
ps i saw all of them.

Thanks Train,

I have seen all of them in live games but Sayers and Brown. Simpson was past his prime when I really started following the NFL/Rams in the mid 70's. However, even without watching those three live in their primes it is still easy to understand how talented they were after reading about their exploits and seeing highlights.

Dickerson was a unique breed IMO, so much speed with his size and so smooth.

If there was a list denoting which franchises have had fielded the most top tier running backs the Rams should be at or near the top of the list.

Also one player I left of the top tier list that should probably be there is Earl Campbell.

nighttrain

Legend
Thanks Train,

I have seen all of them in live games but Sayers and Brown. Simpson was past his prime when I really started following the NFL/Rams in the mid 70's. However, even without watching those three live in their primes it is still easy to understand how talented they were after reading about their exploits and seeing highlights.

Dickerson was a unique breed IMO, so much speed with his size and so smooth.

If there was a list denoting which franchises have had fielded the most top tier running backs the Rams should be at or near the top of the list.

Also one player I left of the top tier list that should probably be there is Earl Campbell.
Sayers may have been the best but for the injuries, so sad
train

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Barry
ED
OJ
gets fuzzy here...
Jim Brown ( it really wasn't fair)
Walter P. (damn fine runner)
gets real fuzzy (longevity vs. serious talent skews rankings)
Emmitt
Peterson (should be moving up soon)
not pure rb's IMO
LT
Marshall

the better you line, the lower your rankings....sorry Walter, your line was OK, but you weren't the best IMO...damn fine runner