Matt Stafford Season Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
If you think McVay didn't coach Goff up good enough you're crazy. 4 years with one of the best offensive minds and QB developers in the NFL and McVay realized Goff couldn't get over the hump. It's so insane to blame McVay for Goff not being able to read a defense. I'll say it again...It's so insane to blame McVay for Goff not being able to read a defense.

The people around here that think they know football better, or can evaluate a QB better than McVay, truly blow my mind. Why do you think Goff is gone and Stafford is under center. Time to accept the truth and move on man. Stop blaming McVay for Goff's shortcomings. He took him from a perceived "bust" and helped him make the pro-bowl.

Some people just dont have "it" upstairs man. Some people just dont know the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. It's not the end of the world. It doesn't mean Goff didnt have a great arm, or throw a pretty ball. Or that he didnt have 2 great years. He did. But when McVay wasn't giving him an advantage with scheme, and all other things were equal.. and Goff needed to take over and make a play....he rarely did.
Sorry but I just had to respond to this statement.

Rewatch the Buffalo game, the Tampa Bay game and the Green Bay game if Goff can't read a defense. It's not that he can't read a defense, it's that he is an immobile pocket QB who can't avoid the inside rush for the life of him. When it was 3rd down and long, Goff very rarely had time in the pocket to make a pass because Blythe's guy would be bull rushing him.

That's why I believe you saw so many delayed hand-offs and wr screens on 3rd and long.

Plus he made blatantly stupid plays from time to time that just pissed off McVay.

The Seattle interception wasn't due to Goff not reading the defense and the SF fumble wasn't due to not reading the defense.

It was because Goff made stupid ass decisions on those two plays.

Plus he made stupid decisions against Miami.

Since he is no longer a Ram, I am only hoping for his sake because he seems like a good guy that he mentally grows up in his Football decisions otherwise he won't be much longer be in the game as a starting QB.

As many people have said, the sixth season is when a QB really comes into his own. This is his make or break season with Detroit. They will probably still lose a lot of games since they are a crappy team but Goff better show that he has learned the game.