Matt Longacre

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
PFF was high on him as well for his performance saturday, and for what he did last year.

The Rams have a good eye for defensive line talent.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Trade him to Dallas, get a pick and give Seau his spot. Or vice versa.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I like the way you think, BUT!! I really hate the Cowboy's and I don't want to do them any Favors!!
Simply the first team that came to mind that really needs DE/Rusher help.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I say keep him. Sims and Hayes are both over 30, Quinn is coming off of major back surgery, Westbrooks is an RFA this year, and Coples has played exclusively at DT in his game action so far. You can never have enough quality pass rushers and Longacre could definitely be one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
From PFF:

Biggest winners
1. Rams’ defensive line

The rich get richer. The Rams already figure to have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, with the three-stud combo of Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, and Michael Brockers alone. That’s why when a second-year undrafted rookie from Northwest Missouri puts on a clinic in the first half against Dallas, some eyes start to open. In fact, DE Matt Longacre collected the highest pass-rushing grade and run-defense grade of any NFL edge defender in Week 1 of the preseason. In 36 snaps, he recorded two hits and three hurries.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like ML. No way I'd deal him, for one because I'm not sure he's peaked but also because he has a history through college of showing up on key downs which is something coaches can't teach. But he's tough and a very hard worker and guys like that are just immensely valuable to have on a depth chart.

HellRam

Starter
From PFF:

Biggest winners
1. Rams’ defensive line

The rich get richer. The Rams already figure to have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, with the three-stud combo of Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, and Michael Brockers alone. That’s why when a second-year undrafted rookie from Northwest Missouri puts on a clinic in the first half against Dallas, some eyes start to open. In fact, DE Matt Longacre collected the highest pass-rushing grade and run-defense grade of any NFL edge defender in Week 1 of the preseason. In 36 snaps, he recorded two hits and three hurries.

PFF also had high grades for Longacre last season in the few regular season snaps he got.

If it's a competition bewteen Westbrooks and Longacre...I say Longacre. When ever Matt gets playing time he has produced.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I really like ML. No way I'd deal him, for one because I'm not sure he's peaked but also because he has a history through college of showing up on key downs which is something coaches can't teach. But he's tough and a very hard worker and guys like that are just immensely valuable to have on a depth chart.
I agree. You can't teach clutch. In any sport. It's an adrenaline burst. An internal dialing up of the way God wired men to fight in a crisis. Some guys shut down. Others thrive.

I'm reminded of our Super Bowl XXXIV victory. On the final drive, Kevin Carter came running off the field at one point, winded. And Vermeil looks at him, astonished, "What are you doing? There is a minute to play, this is the Super Bowl!"

I know McNair was running them ragged, and it's probably not fair, but I lost a little respect for Carter after that.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's always around the ball. I think he might be the best undrafted DE Snisher has found yet and I like Rivers, Westy, Seau and even Sam was ok I thought. I think Longacre is better than Sims right now. If Seau plays like that again, Westbrooks is in trouble.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He's always around the ball. I think he might be the best undrafted DE Snisher has found yet and I like Rivers, Westy, Seau and even Sam was ok I thought. I think Longacre is better than Sims right now. If Seau plays like that again, Westbrooks is in trouble.
I highly doubt that Seau overtakes Westbrook.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He had a really good first game. I love this guy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am much more impressed by young DE's Longacre & Westbrooks than I am of Eugene Sims. I still can not get over Sims poor last yrs performance.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
I like the way you think, BUT!! I really hate the Cowboy's and I don't want to do them any Favors!!
Then throw in Quick too. That will off set the deal, right? Spruce had a half that BQ hasn't been able to pull off since he's been here.:boxing::argue: