Matt LaFleur interviewed for Titans HC job/Mike Vrabel hired instead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh McDaniels is the Titans next hc mark my words

I don't see him signing on with an inaccurate QB who needs to run the ball to win games. Will be very surprised if you are correct.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/titans-interviewing-matt-lafleur-today/

Titans interviewing Matt LaFleur today
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 19, 2018

89630686-e1516363321609.jpg

Getty Images

With a coaching search delayed by an unexpected playoff win (and the resulting temporary lack of a vacancy) and then a blizzard, the Titans are a little behind on the process.

But they’re catching up as much as they can before Sunday’s conference championship games.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Titans are interviewing Rams offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur today.

They had Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks and Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel in yesterday, and there have been reports of interest in three Eagles assistants (offensive coordinator Frank Reich, quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, and defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz) who they can’t interview until next week.

Like Vrabel and Wilks, the 38-year-old LaFleur has one year of coordinator experience. LaFleur started his pro career with the Texans as a quality control coach, and climbed aboard the Shanahan train through stops in Washington and Atlanta.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't doubt that he's the favorite to "win" the Titans job if you look at it from the Titans' point of view. But that doesn't really mean much tbh. Shefty was probably told by a good source with the Titans that they want him.

McDaniels struggled in Denver in large part due to the QBs he had. Logic tells me he'll be more careful this time around, but who knows.

I'll say this about Indy... IF Luck is healthy they're going to be a very hard destination to beat for whoever they're after. It's possible in that event that the two teams ahead of them go QB and they get Barkley to pair with him. That's a backfield that would make an offensive head coach look like a damn genius that's for sure. :p

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't doubt that he's the favorite to "win" the Titans job if you look at it from the Titans' point of view. But that doesn't really mean much tbh. Shefty was probably told by a good source with the Titans that they want him.

McDaniels struggled in Denver in large part due to the QBs he had. Logic tells me he'll be more careful this time around, but who knows.

I'll say this about Indy... IF Luck is healthy they're going to be a very hard destination to beat for whoever they're after. It's possible in that event that the two teams ahead of them go QB and they get Barkley to pair with him. That's a backfield that would make an offensive head coach look like a damn genius that's for sure. :p
That's a big if. I'm just hoping the Colts haven't ruined luck

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Vrabel is a comfort hire for the GM, the dude he knows well. He is known to be a strong leader, however the problem is MV doesn't have the strongest track record at the coordinator level, so he might end up being more of a Fisher type HC than what you need in today's NFL: a HC who holds down one side of the ball.

Mediocrity continues in Tennessee IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Vrabel is a comfort hire for the GM, the dude he knows well. He is known to be a strong leader, however the problem is MV doesn't have the strongest track record at the coordinator level, so he might end up being more of a Fisher type HC than what you need in today's NFL: a HC who holds down one side of the ball.

Mediocrity continues in Tennessee IMO.
There is the " Patriot connection" between the GM and Vrabel!!(y);):D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO my choice would be Delfellipo. It's a promotion so easier to see happening and just as long if not longer time working with QB's.
Yeah but he didn’t interview there. I’ll be relieved when they name an OC and it’s not LaFleur.
Would be a great spot for Haley IMO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes he can. Like the tweet suggests.

He can if McVay okays it. I don't know how McVay will feel about letting a guy leave for a true lateral position, but we'll see. If I were them, I'd hire DeFilippo if he doesn't get the Arizona job.

Regardless, if McVay lets LaFleur go, I'm sure he'll have someone in mind to replace him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can if McVay okays it. I don't know how McVay will feel about letting a guy leave for a true lateral position, but we'll see. If I were them, I'd hire DeFilippo if he doesn't get the Arizona job.

Regardless, if McVay lets LaFleur go, I'm sure he'll have someone in mind to replace him.
Well like Kuharsky says, McVay is big on his people improving so if LaFleur wanted to go it doesn’t seem like he’d block it

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well like Kuharsky says, McVay is big on his people improving so if LaFleur wanted to go it doesn’t seem like he’d block it

You never know. I know McVay said he wouldn't block promotions, but this isn't a promotion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You never know. I know McVay said he wouldn't block promotions, but this isn't a promotion.
Well if he was going to allow LaFleur to call plays next season then no. But if he isn’t, and Tennessee is giving him complete control, that seems like a promotion to me