Matt Hasselbeck retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
And before anyone says "No, but I'll take Elizabeth Hasselbeck," I beat you to it. :snicker:
Btw he'll be 41 in September.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/28/report-matt-hasselbeck-not-expected-back-with-colts/

Report: Matt Hasselbeck not expected back with Colts
Posted by Josh Alper on February 28, 2016

502600962-e1456690779166.jpg
Getty Images

Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said recently that Colts coach Chuck Pagano told him that the Colts would love to have him back for another season to serve as Andrew Luck’s backup, but there may have been a change of heart in Indianapolis.

Michael Silver of NFL Media reports that the Colts have let Hasselbeck know that he isn’t currently in the team’s plans for 2016. That would leave Josh Freeman, who signed with the Colts late last season and started the season finale with Luck, Hasselbeck and Charlie Whitehurst injured, in position to be the No. 2 in Indianapolis.

Hasselbeck was unsure if he would return for the 2016 season, which would be his 18th in the NFL, after the year ends and, per Silver, is uncertain if he wants to play for another team. If he decides that he does, he should find a strong market for backup jobs. Hasselbeck’s work in place of Luck last season was generally good and there aren’t any other backup options on the market with his amount of starting experience.

The Colts also have Stephen Morris under contract at quarterback for 2016.

jap

Legend
Hasselbeck? Wasn't he the tackling dummy for "Release the Wroten!" (in the regular season, no less!) during his time with the Horns?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd have him come to camp and let our Dline practice sacking him until they have to scrape his lousy Seahawk ass off the ground, and then put him in a box and ship him to the 12th man, as a precursor to the upcoming season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought this was gonna be the 'alive or dead' game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Really? I love petite women with natural breasts.

I like them too. Once I was asked what my favorite thing was about a woman. My answer was "all".

Mojo is a bit more specific.

@Mojo Ram could have a pillow that was hand made out of many, many boobs, yet when he laid down to go to sleep on it.........he would dream about booty.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
At this point he makes Peyton look like he has cannon arm.

Lots of private industry still has a mandatory retirement age...Hasselbeck is about 112 now, so I think it's time for him to ask Tim if he's willing to share a litle bit..

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/matt-hasselbeck-announces-retirement-espn-job/

Matt Hasselbeck announces retirement, ESPN job
Posted by Josh Alper on March 9, 2016

499192718-e1457535605125.jpg
Getty Images

On Tuesday night, there was a report that Matt Hasselbeck would draw the curtain on his NFL career and follow in the footsteps of many others by trading in his NFL job for one covering the NFL for ESPN.

Hasselbeck confirmed it on Wednesday. In a statement released by his new employers, Hasselbeck announced that his playing days are done and that he will now be part of the Sunday NFL Countdown andMonday Night Countdown teams.

“As a kid, playing in the NFL was always my dream and it turned out to be way more fun than I could’ve ever imagined,” Hasselbeck said. “Throughout 18 incredible seasons, I had the chance to forge many relationships with teammates, coaches and staff that I will cherish forever. Those relationships made my playing career all the more memorable. With the support of my family, we’ve made the decision to embark on the next chapter. I’m extremely thankful for the opportunity to have represented the NFL and so many great teams.”

Hasselbeck spent the majority of his career as the starter for the Seahawks and took them to the first Super Bowl appearance in team history in 2005. He threw for 36,638 yards in his career, good for 22nd in league in history, and his 212 touchdown passes leave him in a tie with Terry Bradshaw at No. 31 all-time.