Massive tornado rips through Moore Oklahoma

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Two words are all I need to sum up everything I'm feeling about that news right now:

FUCK TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
Two words are all I need to sum up everything I'm feeling about that news right now:

freak TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
Agreed its bad enough loose anyone but as a father this really hits home

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
At least seven of the dead children were killed at Plaza Towers Elementary School, where the tornado tore the roof off the school about 3 p.m. A rescuer told NBC affiliate KFOR that a teacher draped herself on top of six children in a bathroom to shelter them.them The teacher was crushed by a car but students survived. Officials said the dead children drowned in a pool of water at the decimated school.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Really sad stuff, I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been for those poor kids.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is horrific.

Last night I was having sushi and this was on the TV hanging on the wall. No sound was on. It was eerie as hell and the long distance shots that showed the area and damage were wicked.

One thing that popped into my head was "how can you have a school, in Tornado Alley, where hundreds of young small children are and not have a shelter".

I cannot understand how that could be overlooked.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LesBaker said:
This is horrific.

Last night I was having sushi and this was on the TV hanging on the wall. No sound was on. It was eerie as hell and the long distance shots that showed the area and damage were wicked.

One thing that popped into my head was "how can you have a school, in Tornado Alley, where hundreds of young small children are and not have a shelter".

Most all schools in tornado alley are built way tougher then your average school this one was an older school that was never retrofitted which is just as bad an overlook

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:
LesBaker said:
This is horrific.

Most all schools in tornado alley are built way tougher then your average school this one was an older school that was never retrofitted which is just as bad an overlook

I'm not going to point any fingers but yeah that's as bad an overlook for sure. It's tragic.

Psycho_X

Legend
LesBaker said:
Rabid Ram said:
LesBaker said:
This is horrific.

I'm not going to point any fingers but yeah that's as bad an overlook for sure. It's tragic.

Sorry to add to the morbidness of this situation but I think that school did have a basement or some sort of lower structure that they took shelter in. But the majority of the ones that died actually drowned because a water main broke and flooded the part they were taking shelter in and they couldn't get out cause the building fell in on top of it. Which just makes it that much worse to think about.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Kevin Durant of tge okc thunder pledged 1 million dollars to the relif fund through his families charity

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rabid Ram said:
Kevin Durant of tge okc thunder pledged 1 million dollars to the relif fund through his families charity
Nice guy. :nice:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
X said:
Rabid Ram said:
Nice guy. :nice:
My thought as well its one thing for a superstar to donate but a million dollars goes a long way with all the donations will get through the red cross

And considering he is the star of the Oklahoma city thunder and Moore ok is just south of okc its nice to see him give back in a way to the fans

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:

He's gotta lot of sweet moves and none are as good as that one.

Way to go!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Always good to try to find some less depressing stories in times like these, this is one of them. Pretty touching.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQetGAPqSE[/youtube]