Mason Crosby signs with NYG. What could go wrong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Crosby is simply unstoppable.

We better bring our A game or he’s going to singlehandedly beat us.

I’m binge eating Christmas cookies to deal with the anxiety.

Well Miami’s kicker sure looked good today.
-Greg the Leg hit a game winner today for the Jets against Washington.Each game is its own,but this game in New Jersey will be interesting?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Crosby is simply unstoppable.

We better bring our A game or he’s going to singlehandedly beat us.

I’m binge eating Christmas cookies to deal with the anxiety.

Well Miami’s kicker sure looked good today.
-Greg the Leg hit a game winner today for the Jets against Washington.Each game is its own,but this game in New Jersey will be interesting?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Crosby drills a 52 yarder in cold out door Philly weather.
Very puzzling how this went down

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They let Crosby go in favor of Havrisik.

emoji-face-palm.gif

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I think Havrisik looks good in practice but then crumbles under pressure in a real game,

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
a head scratcher
It really isn’t.

1. Contrary to popular opinion, the perfect kicker doesn’t exist.

a) we would like to get someone better, but there is no-one available who is better than Havrisik.

OR

b) There are loads of better kickers out there, but both Snead and McVay are clueless

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It really isn’t.

1. Contrary to popular opinion, the perfect kicker doesn’t exist.

a) we would like to get someone better, but there is no-one available who is better than Havrisik.

OR

b) There are loads of better kickers out there, but both Snead and McVay are clueless
Or

C) as someone said earlier, he looks great in practice and they are waiting for that to show up in games

To respond to what you said, no one is even expecting a perfect kicker, but one that isn't 2-6 from 40-49 yds.

Also saying there is no one better that Havrisik is laughable. Riley Patterson comes to mind as he has actual experience and stats to back it up. I wouldn't say Snead and McVay are clueless, but there seems to always be a stubborness about our coach with a particular player every year. I bring up Bobby Evans and Jamil Demby as examples of that. For how well they've done to construct a roster, to me and I'm assuming others, it's a head scratcher of a decision.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think Havrisik looks good in practice but then crumbles under pressure in a real game,
You could be right, didn't get a chance to give you credit directly in one of my responses since I decided to be lazy in looking who said it :laugh1:.....it is Christmas after all

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
It's that 45 yarder for the game with 3 secs on the clock that makes you wonder. Everyone will be leaning way left or way right in their lazyboy.

dang

Legend
My theory is they want a long term kicker and know a grizzled vet rental doesn’t get that. They must feel there is something in Havrisik that is a possible long term answer. Otherwise I have no idea why he is still around.

oldnotdead

Legend
As much as I would have wanted Crosby this year he would have been a bandaid and the Rams knew it. They are gambling that Havrisik can be their PK going into the future.

But IMO Sean needs to open his eyes. Lucas kicks better from the right hash because he simply uses his natural motion. But there is also something to be said about how the ball is snapped. With a relatively inexperienced holder, it makes a huge difference.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They want the young kid with potential for the long run, but now they're in the playoffs and that decision gets a whole tougher.