Mason Brodine converts to TE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Leonard Little. Switched from LB to DE
Yeah, not the same thing at all though. He essentially switched from pass rushing LB to pass rushing DE and developed into a good run defender.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has any previous Rams player ever made a switch from one side of the ball to the other and been successful? Can't think of any, but then again my brain may not be working properly...
Depends to what degree of success. Mike Furrey went from WR to safety and played relatively well...then went BACK to WR with Detroit and played well there too.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He'll probably be primarily a blocker but he at least needs to know how to run routes and catch otherwise it will tip off the play when we put him in the game.

Yeah they have to assign someone to cover him - or its pointless. I hope he can be successful!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Depends to what degree of success. Mike Furrey went from WR to safety and played relatively well...then went BACK to WR with Detroit and played well there too.

That was quite amazing of him, actually.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I think Sam's got more potential than that to be fair. Brodine's a big man. Let's give him a shot. He must have realized his chances were going to be limited on the D-line to have considered it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Robinson Part II.
Anyone knows this guy's combine numbers? I'm not looking on my phone...

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
There was this running back for Mizzou who switched to linebacker for the Raiders but eventually played for the Rams. He will forever be known for The Tackle, Mike Jones.

jap

Legend
John/Jeff Robinson was formerly a DE who switched to TE for the Rams back around the GSOT years. Often came up with timely receptions. He was also a decent long snapper as well. Just an athlete.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If he can get blocking down and work on his hands, he'll be an end zone threat that'll be almost impossible to stop. Hard not to like the move, big reward, little risk.