Mason & Bates Questionable for Opener

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He's one guy I can't accept being wrong about. I know the talent to be great is in there somewhere.
The athleticism is definitely there. Look at him play in college he moves so well. He just has poor vision and awareness. I'm not sure vision and feel can be learned.

I personally think Pead would be better used as a slot WR. If you get him in space his speed and athleticism can be deadly.

FRO

Legend
I don't understand why we are doing last minute flipping at the OG position (even though they haven't officially done it). Saffold looked much better at RG. I think that's where he should be playing. Maybe chemistry amongst offensive linemen is overrated. In the long run this move will make us better. Just wished they would have figured this out before going through a big portion of camp.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like many...bummed about the injury to Mason....he shoulda sat longer but...while I like Cunningham, this is the game Isiah Pead needed to get all you ROD members that doubt him on his hype train...Breakout game for I. Pead...and he's not even 100% yet...He was so ready last year before the injury.....But the line will be 100%, and he'll hit the holes....I also expect to see M. Brown play...as well as Benny...Benny is so huge in person....He looks like a FB to me...much more explosive in college.
@JackDRams
@Elmgrovegnome
@hotanez
have faith in the one truth about these Rams, run first teams should be able to run the ball with anybody back there....and still set up the play action fake...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The starters probably wouldn't have played in the Chiefs game anyway. Just another dull scrimmage and ass woopin for the Rams.
Maybe there will be a good fight?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Fisher pointed to Saffold's comfort at RG as reason for line shuffle. Asked him if he'd have liked to have done move sooner and he said no. My guess not exactly the truth.
I know it won't be a popular take but this may rush TG30 into action sooner than later especially if B.C and Pead or Brown whomever Backs up Benny don't have success. Pead skillset included has not shown to be anymore than a versatile role player and certainly not a real alternative as an every down back

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The starters probably wouldn't have played in the Chiefs game anyway. Just another dull scrimmage and ass woopin for the Rams.
Maybe there will be a good fight?
No Governor's Cup at stake this year?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The athleticism is definitely there. Look at him play in college he moves so well. He just has poor vision and awareness. I'm not sure vision and feel can be learned.

I personally think Pead would be better used as a slot WR. If you get him in space his speed and athleticism can be deadly.

I agree. Pead has the agility and strength, but unfortunately has the vision of Trent Richardson...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"He says Saffold feels more comfortable at RG."
We've known that for some time now. Glad the Fish is finally getting on board with that. :LOL:

"Asked him if he'd have liked to have done move sooner and he said no."
Why? :confused:

i think this covered it the best.

I think it's probably because they've been so impressed with Brown that they feel comfortable with him on the left side and they also feel he'll be able to stay healthy the whole year unlike Saffold. Might as well keep him there so he gets used to the position and they aren't scrambling during the season to when Saffold goes down again which would mean Brown would be getting used to LG in the middle of the season as opposed to now.

I'm actually okay with this move.

Edit: One other thing I just thought of, they might also be thinking that there's also a benefit to having a vet next to each rookie as opposed to having two rookies next to each other. I still think my initial thoughts are the biggest reason, though.

Last edited: Yesterday at 12:03 PM
V3, Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams should just go ahead and convert Pead to fullback ala Robert Holcomb.
Outback Steakhouse diet.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
We've known that for some time now. Glad the Fish is finally getting on board with that. :LOL:

Saffold at RG is a no brainer.

fearsomefour

Legend

This is my issue with doing it now....how is this news or a surprise? I get not wanting to have a rookie at G next to a green LT....but, that is where it ended up any way. It is bothersome to me. Seems just sort of cavalier. I will take it as a good sign that Brown has exceeded expectations.

fearsomefour

Legend

I see the same thing with Cunningham. A couple of times this preseason he has missed holes and run into tackles. I like Peads potential better as a backup.
Cunningham and Pead splitting carriers?.....looks like 35-40 passes for Foles week one.

Alan

Legend
Amitar looking at the obvious:
Saffold at RG is a no brainer.
Now it is but before we knew brown was a viable LG to help protect Foles blind side? I'm not so sure. Better late than never.

Alan

Legend
fearsomefour with a harsh assessment:
Seems just sort of cavalier.
Then you'd probably have said that putting JB at LG immediately was reckless. I think your thoughts about playing a rookie next to GR went through their heads too. That's why they didn't move JB there until they felt he could handle it. GR isn't a rookie either. I'm not sure I'd label that cavalier. But then our choices are limited aren't they? Have all the rookies on one side are intersperse them with vets. It's not just a job, it's an adventure. :LOL:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would keep Trinca-Pasat
What if he misses a tackle next week?
th
???