Martz compares Goff, Wentz to Rams legend Warner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
This is why I think, that in three years Wentz will be the best QB in football, with the right coaching. If he could work with Martz it would be for sure.
The Rams made the right choice as they won't have the coaching and Goff doesn't need it as badly.
It's really hard to not like Wentz ( yes, I was a Wentz guy, cooler heads prevailed) until (if) he hurts our team. Arm talent like J. George but with a head on top of the neck. Wish the kid the best of luck until he plays us.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
He compared both to Kurt. He also mentioned that he corrected Wentz in dropping back from center and that the he got it right away. That blew him away and also mentions Wentz being a sponge. My point is I would have loved that Martz talked more about the time spent with Goff as opposed to what he saw on film. It was great to hear about the deep throws though.
But not in the same way. Martz reportedly said that Wentz picked up a correction in the workout right away (didn't say what it was) and like Warner learns quickly. We knew that Wentz is really bright. But Martz compared Goff's actual on the field performance, under pressure, to Warner, and in terms that I at least have never previously heard from him.

Not dissing Wentz but there is no question in my mind who got the top marks from Martz.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
But not in the same way. Martz reportedly said that Wentz picked up a correction in the workout right away (didn't say what it was) and like Warner learns quickly. We knew that Wentz is really bright. But Martz compared Goff's actual on the field performance, under pressure, to Warner, and in terms that I at least have never previously heard from him.

Not dissing Wentz but there is no question in my mind who got the top marks from Martz.
Didn't say they Martz compared them in the same way just that he said both are like Kurt. I'm not dissing neither of them and it's great that Martz said Goff is really good. I just would have liked to hear more about Goffs workout as posed to Wentz.

…..

Legend

the browns didn't move up for goff because they are the browns. the browns didn't just sit there and take wentz because they are the browns. they coulda let him sit for a year or two and get their crap together this season but they're the browns. haven't been able to do crap without a qb for 18 years, then they find themselves in a position where they had 2 to choose from this year and they traded down away from them? really? they're not the poor lovable losers we all know and love, they're a disgrace to league and the poor shmoes that live in cleveland. they need to be stripped of their licence. they freakin draft stiffs like quinn, weeden and party boy but won't draft a franchise qb when he's staring them in the face. get the freak outta here. they don't deserve to be in the league.

I'm sure the Browns are sitting around re writing thier plan because of your astute analysis of thier franchise ....(y)(y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They got a great offer and have so many holes a lot of people thought it was a good move by them.

Seems that some teams dont feel there are good options at QB for the next 2-3 years coming in the draft. I think Cleveland made a mistake.

I wouldn't have taken him #2 overall..........I don't think he's going to be anywhere near what he is touted as.

Hue Jackson considers himself a QB guru. If he can turn RG3 around then I will bow down to him. I think he has a bit too much confidence in himself personally. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Personally I wouldnt mind if Wentz never reaches his projected ceiling. I really dont like the Eagles, being that there are so many fans in my area.

That being said, I was not as crazy about Wentz as others. I wouldn't want the Rams trading up to get him. But he is still probably a better future starter than the rest of the QBs drafted this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Martz is so close now. Fisher needs to get him on the phone and ask him to attend training camp to guide the planning of the offense. Allow Groh and Boras to do it their way but let Martz throw in some tweaks and guidance just to keep them on the right path and give them some ideas about how to use the weapons they have. Plus he could keep an eye on Goff too.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mad Mike....wow...almost killed Kurt...Surely killed Bulger...build them up, to tear them down....oh well...I really respect what Mike says like a bunch of you...It only reinforces what I believe...We need to lock Goff up in Lucille's BBQ, and M&M soul food every night for a few months. And let our strength coach move in his dorm.... As soon as this gunslinger gets solid, watch-out!!!!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Martz is so close now. Fisher needs to get him on the phone and ask him to attend training camp to guide the planning of the offense. Allow Groh and Boras to do it their way but let Martz throw in some tweaks and guidance just to keep them on the right path and give them some ideas about how to use the weapons they have. Plus he could keep an eye on Goff too.

I dunno, Elmgrove.

If I'm either Boras or Groh, the last thing I would want to see prowling around my rookie QB in camp is Mike Martz.

Not when I'm trying to acclimate the kid to the NFL speed and new playbook under CBA extremely limited time constraints.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sounds like Martz was really impressed with Wentz during the workout. I would feel better if he had said that Goff killed it too. More stoic and quiet (n). Nice to hear about that deep ball though :yess:

He gave Goff more praise than Wentz.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Mad Mike....wow...almost killed Kurt...Surely killed Bulger...build them up, to tear them down....oh well...I really respect what Mike says like a bunch of you...It only reinforces what I believe...We need to lock Goff up in Lucille's BBQ, and M&M soul food every night for a few months. And let our strength coach move in his dorm.... As soon as this gunslinger gets solid, watch-out!!!!!
Warner, Bulger, Fitzpatrick....what Martz has done with these guys is amazing. When late rnd and UDFA qbs, are considered back ups and Longshot at best. He's molded those guys into starters, having good careers.

If I were Mannion, I'd be on the phone asking Martz for help. Martz + QB = NFL Starter.
At least a better chance at being one.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Warner, Bulger, Fitzpatrick....what Martz has done with these guys is amazing. When late rnd and UDFA qbs, are considered back ups and Longshot at best. He's molded those guys into starters, having good careers.

Trent Green (8th round pick) too. Martz was his QB coach in Washington.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

If I were Mannion, I'd be on the phone asking Martz for help. Martz + QB = NFL Starter.

I recall reading where Mannion was getting offseason tutoring from someone, Dodgers.

Can't remember who his "coach" was, but the article indicated that he was looking good.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I always LOL when I hear Martz getting credit for a QB.

So if you listen closely you will hear me LOL.

ELOHEL!!!!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I always LOL when I hear Martz getting credit for a QB.

So if you listen closely you will hear me LOL.

ELOHEL!!!!!
Why is that?
Martz has always been very involved with the QB'S in his offense.
Even before he was an OC, he was a QB coach

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Martz drafted him and worked with him early on.
He's not a HOF'r, but he's had a long career as a starter.
Not bad for a Harvard QB.
I am a huge Martz guy and one of his biggest supporters, but I don't see using Fitzpatrick as a positive in Martz career. Played his worst football of his career under MM watch

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

the browns didn't move up for goff because they are the browns. the browns didn't just sit there and take wentz because they are the browns. they coulda let him sit for a year or two and get their crap together this season but they're the browns. haven't been able to do crap without a qb for 18 years, then they find themselves in a position where they had 2 to choose from this year and they traded down away from them? really? they're not the poor lovable losers we all know and love, they're a disgrace to league and the poor shmoes that live in cleveland. they need to be stripped of their licence. they freakin draft stiffs like quinn, weeden and party boy but won't draft a franchise qb when he's staring them in the face. get the freak outta here. they don't deserve to be in the league.

Don't forget that the Browns are also the team that relocated, changed their identity and promptly won a Super Bowl in 2000.

Brutal.