Martin Out for Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Luck is a key component for a young team to build momentum. Looks like Doug Martin will be out 3 weeks with a hamstring injury. Hopeful the Rams can take advantage and come away with a tough NFC road win on Sunday.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams let Bobby Rainey run wild on them a few years ago, IIRC. They have a knack for getting backups new good contracts with their next club.

Q729

Legend
Yep. I take injury reports with a grain of salt. Amazing how this team, no matter the coaching regime, seems to allow backups to perform like future HOFers. Great chance to break some losing ways. Here's hoping Fisher's career success vs. TB continues.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams let Bobby Rainey run wild on them a few years ago, IIRC. They have a knack for getting backups new good contracts with their next club.
Great Reminder Elmgrovegnome.......so true it would seem to me that reserve opponents RB's have career games against us since Fisher took the controls. That would be a excellent investigation for folks who have some time.....listing the career games on Fisher by back up RB's. Is Sims the top back up @ RB?

View: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/778556874379685888

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin

It sounds like Monday's MRI revealed a severe strain at least and a possible tear at worst. Either way, three weeks is a long time after Martin claimed his hammy was only mildly tweaked in Sunday's blowout loss to Arizona. It's certainly possible the injury winds up hindering Martin all season. The Bucs have a brutal schedule forthcoming but new lead back Charles Sims' all-purpose ability will stabilize his floor. We're only two weeks in and the running back position has been a mine field yet again. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

how did charles sims do against the rams last year?

just looked it up.

7 rushes for 50 yards, 3 catches for 22 yards.

he averaged 7 yards per touch.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'm more concerned about my fantasy team - he was one of my starting RBs!!

I think Rams shut down Bucs this weekend.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
That is some good fortune but Sims is very good, possibly better than Martin

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That is some good fortune but Sims is very good, possibly better than Martin
I was gonna say, that Sims guy shouldn't be overlooked...the Bucs will be hungry after that beatdown against the Cards...Plus we put it on them pretty good last year....Revenge is a powerful motivator in the pros....we'll need our best game of the year offensively....I think we're up for it...Ogletree looked like a monster last game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
YOu know I'm a measurables guy too Boni...4.48...37' vert....crap! At least he has small hands and isn't a good blocker...maybe we can get some fumbles outta him....

Your closer to Tree & Barron than me tell them for me;).

Might want to recall that Jameis Winston put up 363 yds passing & 2 TD's on us last season. They held Gurley under 50 yds too. Rams defense went sackless. You think Donald will be hungry this time? They also have two tall WR's on our very short bunch of corners outside of Trumaine.

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I was gonna say, that Sims guy shouldn't be overlooked...the Bucs will be hungry after that beatdown against the Cards...Plus we put it on them pretty good last year....Revenge is a powerful motivator in the pros....we'll need our best game of the year offensively....I think we're up for it...Ogletree looked like a monster last game.

Shouldn't be real hard to have our best game offensively, since that wil only require 10 points...I doubt that will do it...24 sounds like a nice, round, WINNING number..Hopefully the Rams will keep them in the teens or less...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I look for our WR's to break-out in this game!!:snicker::shades::cheers:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep. I take injury reports with a grain of salt. Amazing how this team, no matter the coaching regime, seems to allow backups to perform like future HOFers.
It's funny though. Visit any one of the other 31 fan boards and you'll read the same thing.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I look for our WR's to break-out in this game!!:snicker::shades::cheers:
Vernon, Hargraves, and Grimes....In trouble huh???? I hope so...Watching them, especially Vernon, they have problems with big wrs....and Vernon & Grimes are also susceptible to speed guys...The only problem...they have great ball skills and I have seen Vernon since college he eats up weak armed QB's:shocked::shocking:...Hargraves & Grimes too...:unsure::cautious:

I'm looking for the defense to get some turnovers....and a huge game from kendricks...maybe britt

Q729

Legend
It's funny though. Visit any one of the other 31 fan boards and you'll read the same thing.
I can see that, but then why don't our backups ever tear anyone up? Nah you're right. We probably had a game or two somewhere...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dammit, why does this have to be a 4 o'clock game? Oh, I know. So you left coast guys don't have to wake up so early!
" I wish!! Game Day I'll be Up with the Sun and won't be able to Sleep!!(y):mrburnsevil:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With all these RB injuries, I'm kind of glad the staff uses Gurley somewhat sparingly.