Marshawn Lynch Shits All Over The Media Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He is required by contract to do certain things...He is OBLIGATED to do certain things...I'm not in the camp that says oh, he's such a cool free spirit...And all this started because he wasn't comfortable speaking in public... That may have been the case early on, at this point I call bullcrap...He plays the media just the way people say the media plays the players...My opinion (and only mine) is that he is a POS arsehole...Great football player, sorry excuse for a responsible member of the NFL...

I agree, it's an act. Kind of like how he backed into the end zone one time and it got on ESPN so now he has to do it all the time. He doesn't look like some sort of anti hero to me either. He looks like a another rich spoiled brat who doesn't understand that without the NFL and the media who drives it he would be nothing. Everyone has things in their job that's unpleasant, welcome to real life.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Perhaps you mean, "If a white guy said, 'shout out to all my Europeans'....."
Curious, why isn't what he said at the least a lil amusing? BTW, I think he meant Afro-Americans, but I could be wrong....And if a white guy said it, I wouldn't be upset at all...I mean, who cares?

Honestly if he wasn't being a dick I doubt anyone would. And he was acting like a dick and really has been for several weeks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I love Lynch for doing this, much respect. If I was sick of talking to the cameras and had to keep doing it, I'd probably do something similiar. I would never get fined for not showing up, though. That's just too much money to throw up into the air.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I love Lynch for doing this, much respect. If I was sick of talking to the cameras and had to keep doing it, I'd probably do something similiar. I would never get fined for not showing up, though. That's just too much money to throw up into the air.

Just curious, why much respect? I mean, I'm sick of having to take my lunch at 4am when I'm hungry at 3. But no one gives me respect for getting pissy about it. Those are the rules, it's a minor thing, and I'm free to work somewhere else if I find that part of my job so arduous. I see absolutely no difference between the two other than he's being paid millions to do something probably less important.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He comes across as a complete jerk, wow, talk about biting the hand that feeds you. He should be suspended for the game IMO and if I was the commish I'd have a sit down with the SEA ownership and management and let them know "your guy does what he is CONTRACTUALLY obligated to or he can't play".

I'd make that egotistical motherfucker have to make a REAL BIG decision. Because lets face it, without him the Seahawks have no chance and I'd love to see them lose because he isn't on the field.

He comes across as a semi literate POS, he egged the media on "only two minutes left" and continued to be a punk ass the whole time.

If I was the commish the message would be sent "disrespect the process and it'll cost you the game".

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just curious, why much respect? I mean, I'm sick of having to take my lunch at 4am when I'm hungry at 3. But no one gives me respect for getting pissy about it. Those are the rules, it's a minor thing, and I'm free to work somewhere else if I find that part of my job so arduous. I see absolutely no difference between the two other than he's being paid millions to do something probably less important.

Because freak the rules.

Shout out to all my real Africans. Wish I was a real African... :'(

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Would anyone else here have respect for one of their coworkers acting like this at their job? There is a way to do things and he is doing it about as immature as he can. Most of the people in the world have things about their job they hate. He is getting paid millions and will be set up for life for literally playing a game. Is it really that bad to sit down and answer questions for five minutes? Cry me a river. What a giant baby. Some people are so spoiled they can't even see straight. I would say that kids working the drive thru at a busy fast food restaurant have more stress than this guy. Just pathetic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fuck him.

Take a stand on your own time. 99% of the players in the league hate the media circus and their brainless Q & A's. It's in the job description though, dude. The fuck makes him so special that he can act like a dick and put himself above everyone else? Do your fucking dance for my amusement like everyone else does and then go home. It's called customer service, and you're no more important than the dude who bagged my groceries last night. How stupid would it be for that guy to say, "Bag your own shit. Y'all keep coming here with y'all's money and I'm supposed to serve y'all over and over again?"

Well yeah, fucker. That's why you collect a check.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Marshawn just endeared himself to me. F' their mirror.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The thing that cracks me up is that people are pissed he won't give them a sound bite of the same mindless drivel that every athlete already gives out. The alternative to him not saying ,"I'm just here so I don't get fined" is "Oh jeez, it's such an honor to be here".

Who the fuck cares? Does him saying what we expect every athlete to say mean that much? I just don't understand the faux outrage over this. He owes the media? You mean the guys that make good money to write their deep musings on what it takes to win on Sunday. Let's go ahead and read some of the gems that Nick Wagoner throw out, and somehow guys like Marshawn owe guys like him? I just don't buy it.

I understand that these are grown men getting paid millions to play a game and something so menial as answering a few soft toss questions shouldn't be made such a production. But if the guy simply doesn't want to talk, why not respect that? Instead they shove cameras and mics down the guys throat hoping to get some reaction. By attempting to debase Lynch, they themselves are dropping to the lowest common denominator.

Sonofabitch, you've made me defend a Seahawk...and Lynch at that. :mad:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Because freak the rules.

Shout out to all my real Africans. Wish I was a real African... :'(

I bet if you had to spend two weeks thee you'd wanna take that back.

I bet he would too, especially being that he's been coddled and spoiled his entire life and is now a millionaire.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He comes across as a complete jerk, wow, talk about biting the hand that feeds you. He should be suspended for the game IMO and if I was the commish I'd have a sit down with the SEA ownership and management and let them know "your guy does what he is CONTRACTUALLY obligated to or he can't play".

I'd make that egotistical motherfreaker have to make a REAL BIG decision. Because lets face it, without him the Seahawks have no chance and I'd love to see them lose because he isn't on the field.

He comes across as a semi literate POS, he egged the media on "only two minutes left" and continued to be a punk ass the whole time.

If I was the commish the message would be sent "disrespect the process and it'll cost you the game".

Well said.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I bet if you had to spend two weeks thee you'd wanna take that back.

I bet he would too, especially being that he's been coddled and spoiled his entire life and is now a millionaire.

Believe what you wish. Even though he said next to nothing, guys like you are still making a big deal about it. I wouldn't want to speak in front of you, either.

Shout out family first

And all the white guys that like my real African shout out.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
He's a grown man who signed a contract. Part of that contract is to talk to the media, not stymie them at every opportunity. It may have been ok to do that once or twice but it's not that cute anymore. Maybe he likes the attention, kind of like a child does at times.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
And the crotch grabbing. Very juvenile...kids watch these games. It's very inappropriate and vulgar. I sure don't want to see it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I couldn't care less.
When was the last time any of those interviews were the slightest bit informative?
All cliché questions followed by more cliché answers.

I haven't cared about these interviews since Jerry Glanville retired.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
How the hell is that awesome? That's freakin racist and if a white guy said, "shout out to all my caucasians", there would be a major crap storm. And he's not African.

Sorry, I don't find this amusing. It's tantamount to a freaking 6 year old having a temper tantrum. He's paid millions of dollars to play a GAME and he can't even answer some basic questions. freakin grow up. Just one more reason I hate the Seahawks.

I guess if you want to find amusement in a person acting like a child, I can kind of understand why some would like this but I personally hate it.
It could be worse... imagine someone calling out "Shout out to all my heterosexuals!"

There'd be lifetime bans and lawsuits...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Does anyone even watch interviews anymore? I don't but as someone who signed a contract that requires answering questions, he should just suck it up. When he retires he won't have to work the rest of his life or answer questions. I bet if he had to work a real job ever he would wish he was back having to answer questions.