Marshawn Lynch Mischaracterized by the Media?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
You know I never hated Marshawn Lynch anyways. He was a hell of a running back that played for a team that is most hated by Rams fans. He does seem like a very good character. Glad he is still doing good things behind the scenes. Good read Jrry.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lynch is a top line guy...Helping kids in Oakland....

It's a damn shame, that for whatever reason, the powers that be didn't want him to be the SB MVP, and decided to pass instead of giving it to beast mode...

I loved the interview, when he was talking about his running style.. So true... Many defenders do not like to continually go into punishment, over & over again..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Last edited:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Haven't read the article but I've always read about him helping people out before and I loved what he did to the media. I'll have to read it later.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I always liked me some Marshawn. Just hated when the Rams had to face him! He did an episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls this season and he was great in it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's always been a top notch guy in the community never doubted that at all.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
I didn't like him much until I watched him on Bear Grylls show. He seems like a good dude. Very funny person.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"y'all people need to work on your people skills..." -Marshawn Lynch.

That commercial always cracks me up!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...n-lynch-is-never-far-from-teammates-memories/

Lynch was vilified for his reluctance to speak with the media, but it's interesting reading this article. Shines a very different light on him as a person. He sounds like a good guy.

Well he was villified BY the media, and some fans. Fans were split on it IIRC and I thought it was immature and frankly why bite the hand that feeds you.

The fact that he was kind to some team mates and helps the community IS great, and commendable.

But treating the media, who are paid to be there and do interviews, like he treated them was rally, really bad form and you're going to get some rough treatment for it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well he was villified BY the media, and some fans. Fans were split on it IIRC and I thought it was immature and frankly why bite the hand that feeds you.

The fact that he was kind to some team mates and helps the community IS great, and commendable.

But treating the media, who are paid to be there and do interviews, like he treated them was rally, really bad form and you're going to get some rough treatment for it.

That's the media's job. Marshawn's job is to run the ball. He has every right to not want to speak with the media.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's the media's job. Marshawn's job is to run the ball. He has every right to not want to speak with the media.

Well not really.

The "right" to not want to is fine, but not doing it is a violation of the CBA, and probably his contract language. That's why he got fined. The rules and regs are given to players and are often in contractual language that they sign off on in contract or as a part of their union obligation.

The skittles and arrogance were lame. Not to mention really really bad PR. Had he bothered to let his personality come through he may have become popular.