Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for crotch grab

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You just nailed it. Like I've said here before , the agenda is a social one, it's not about running a sports-entertainment business anymore. Ever read 1984?

Good grief you're an idiot and ruin conversations. The NFL isn't doing any "social engineering".

Tin foil hat often???

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sure? I'll just let her know that it'll make people have a mark on her and that she'd better be able to back up her mouth if she's gonna start running it. I'm not gonna pretend like I wasn't a cocky little runt that enjoyed showing my dick to everyone I could. Just gotta know there's consequences to it. I don't see anything inherently vulgar/sexual about it, just a dick move to show people up, maybe that's why it's not such a big deal to me.

Really?

You're OK with what you just said?

I have a hard time buying that.

Also OK with the "hands up" gesture too?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good grief you're an idiot and ruin conversations. The NFL isn't doing any "social engineering".

Les... Time out.

I'll give you rope because you've earned it. But, no.

Walk away. Now.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
While there's most likely some of that in there, I still believe that the NFL is driven mainly by the bottom line - making tons of money. The NFL is a product and anyone who weakens that product is either fined or discarded along the way.

Whether it's Adrian Peterson, Michael Vick, Ray Rice, Bounty Gate or anyone or anything else that gets in the way of selling maximum tickets, merchandise, and increasing revenue from TV will be dealt with harshly. That's what makes the most sense to me.
Just indulge my line of thinking for a little white. I'm not asking you to accept it, but just let it be part of your evaluation process. I'm going to guess that you'll find more of the NFL's actions make sense to you when you view them thru the lens of social manipulation rather than strictly profit. I'm not saying these motives are mutually exclusive, but I would argue that the social goals trump the profit motive. But then again, the profits are huge and virtually guaranteed now, so it's not like they really have to worry about them anymore.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Really?

You're OK with what you just said?

I have a hard time buying that.

Also OK with the "hands up" gesture too?
Yes, I have not yet reached the age where I forgot what I was ACTUALLY like as a child and think of it as a time of pure innocence and freedom from anything outlandish.

But that's that, for now I'll pantomime CGI and say you need a break.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow I can't believe that there is anyone who actually thinks grabbing your dick it an acceptable ay to celebrate. How about spiking the ball, high fiving your team mates, or better yet acting like it wasn't that big a deal.

Scoring a TD is their job, they get paid a whole lot of money for it and they are representing the company brand. It's like a sale guy making closing a huge deal and then running through the office grabbing his junk and shaking it to the secretary. How the hell is that ok??? And it isn't on TV being shown to millions of people only a few people will see it what's the big deal?

In a game at the very least it is the same as taunting, an uncalled for and undesired selfish act that grown ups should be able to control themselves from doing.

Being a dickhead in the NFL or Pop Warner its all the same they are still being a dickhead and it is uncalled for. Have some dignity.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
You'd think with all the money they make off fines we would finally see some better ref's. I'd like to see the NFL put the same effort in getting the calls right DURING a game that they put on which color socks a mans wearing.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Has anyone wondered what exactly Petey Boy would say to "Beast Mode" from a man to man- coach to player perspective? :censored:

"Now Marsh (chewing gum) that sounded wrong. Now Marsha..damn it's the chewing gum but I can't take it out of my mouth. Look 'Shawn I don't need a 15 yard penalty in the Super Bowl...if you do it again your crouch goes where my chewing gum goes... Lynch smiles... No 'Shawn I'm talking about the trash aka released after of course you win me another Super Bowl. :cry:

Turbin and Michael can hold your crouch going forward.

But again 'Shawn you're hella running back! "

This goes out to you @Selassie I re: your hatred of Petey Boy.