Marshawn Lynch didnt go to the locker at halftime

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Trouble in the land of flourescent green...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-didnt-go-to-seahawks-locker-room-at-halftime

Marshawn Lynch didn't go to Seahawks locker room at halftime

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
November 16, 2014 10:22 pm ET

At halftime of the Chiefs' 24-20 win over the Seahawks on Sunday, Marshawn Lynch made an interesting decision: He decided not to go to Seattle's locker room. Instead, Lynch spent the entire 12-minute halftime outdoors on the sideline at Arrowhead Stadium where it was about 20 degrees.

Was Lynch making a statement by not going to the locker room or was it a planned decision by the team?

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about the incident after the game.
"He thought it would be better for him to stay out," Carroll said.

Lynch told NFL Network that he stayed out at halftime because he "couldn't walk" back to the locker room.

The Seahawks running back tripped and appeared to aggravate his back injury late in the second quarter and it was apparent that he was in pain on the sideline. So it's possible that Lynch literally couldn't get back to the locker room.

However, it's definitely unorthodox for a player not to go back to the locker room at halftime, especially when it's 20 degrees out like it was in Kansas City. Lynch played in the second half, where he got 11 of his 24 carries in the game.

The other possibility is that Lynch was making some sort of statement. On Sunday morning, NFL.com reported that the Seahawks planned to part ways with Lynch after 2014.

Marshawn-Lynch-halftime-seahawks-locker.jpg

Marshawn Lynch didn't go to the locker room at halftime. (Fox)

NFL Network's Mike Silver asked Lynch about the report that Beast Mode won't be back in Seattle next season.

"Do I think I'll be gone after this season?" Lynch said. "I don't know, man. The Seahawks, their front office gets in the media; they talk a lot. I don't talk too much. I just play the game. If they have something going on, I don't know about it."

Lynch was also asked if he still talks to Carroll and Beast Mode didn't exactly give an encouraging answer.

"Pete's my head coach. Well, I mean, you know, he's really not in my position meetings," Lynch said. "It ain't like we get to chop it up like that."

The only thing we know about Lynch is that he's going to keep doing whatever he wants, something Chiefs fans found out this weekend.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.chron.com/technology/bus...nch-Explains-Why-He-Stayed-On-The-5898668.php

Marshawn Lynch Explains Why He Stayed On The Field At Halftime, Thinks Pete Carroll Is Smearing Him
Tony Manfred, provided by
| November 17, 2014

The public rift between the Seattle Seahawks and running back Marshawn Lynch appears to be growing wider.

At halftime of Seattle's 24-20 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Lynch stayed on the field while the rest of the team went to the locker room.

After the game he refused to talk to the media — which could draw a $100,000 fine from the league.

He later talked to the NFL Network's Michael Silver and Michael Robinson from the parking lot.

He told Robinson he didn't go to the locker room at halftime because he was fatigued and "couldn't walk" after taking some hits in the first half. During the halftime interval he was seen getting treatment on the training table, but he never came out of the game.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Things are starting to fall apart up there, I don't see them in the playoffs this year at all. Losing Unger and Mebane should be the much bigger story than lynch's ongoing fight with the FO...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://www.chron.com/technology/bus...nch-Explains-Why-He-Stayed-On-The-5898668.php

Marshawn Lynch Explains Why He Stayed On The Field At Halftime, Thinks Pete Carroll Is Smearing Him
Tony Manfred, provided by
| November 17, 2014

The public rift between the Seattle Seahawks and running back Marshawn Lynch appears to be growing wider.

At halftime of Seattle's 24-20 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Lynch stayed on the field while the rest of the team went to the locker room.

After the game he refused to talk to the media — which could draw a $100,000 fine from the league.

He later talked to the NFL Network's Michael Silver and Michael Robinson from the parking lot.

He told Robinson he didn't go to the locker room at halftime because he was fatigued and "couldn't walk" after taking some hits in the first half. During the halftime interval he was seen getting treatment on the training table, but he never came out of the game.

Pretty amazingly irresponsible headline if you ask me. I'm all for the shecocks falling apart and all. But where does Lynch say he thinks petey is smearing him? I have said before that I thought petey's shtick would get old with NFL players but I think this article is pretty lame honestly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My guess:
Much like Dennis Rodman(minus the paparazzi and womens dresses)I think Lynch moves to the beat of his own drum and maybe didn't feel like going to the locker room so he didn't. Lynch might need a change of scenery just because.

Seattle doesn't really care because i doubt they want him back next year anyway so why make a stink about it... That organization has gotten what they needed from Lynch over the last few years. His body is starting to break down IMO.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Sounds like trouble in paradise. Just wait til they break the bank on Wussel Wilson. Then they are DONE.

Athos

Legend
My guess:
Much like Dennis Rodman(minus the paparazzi and womens dresses)I think Lynch moves to the beat of his own drum and maybe didn't feel like going to the locker room so he didn't. Lynch might need a change of scenery just because.

Seattle doesn't really care because i doubt they want him back next year anyway so why make a stink about it... That organization has gotten what they needed from Lynch over the last few years. His body is starting to break down IMO.

I pray some other team drafts Gurley and Gordon.

Russell Wilson is shit without an elite back to cover up his awful pocket presence.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yep, and it couldn't happen to a more arrogant fan base. Those Seahawk fans are something else.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Seahawks are making a huge mistake. Lynch is the best player on that team and they only win when they rely on him. Giving him the cold shoulder guarantees he won't stay.