Marshall Faulk vs Bears 1999 - Single-handedly dismantles Chicago

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Marshall Faulk single-handedly dismantles the Chicago Bears defense. Faulk put up 250+ total yards of offense (204 receiving) during just the first half and one possession in the 3rd quarter.

FRO

Legend
There have been offenses with great QB play and WR play. There have been offenses with great running games. There has never been an offense as complete as the GSOT. They couldn't be stopped and if they played in today's game they would put 50 on almost anybody. Greatest offense ever.

Faulk is probably the greatest offensive football player I have ever seen. I think Barry Sanders was a better RB, but Faulk did absolutely everything offensively. He could have been a WR in the league.

FRO

Legend
That was a lot of fun to watch.......that 99-01 team was beautiful.
So much fun to watch. It was great knowing you were going to win. The 99'-03' stretch has been the exception sadly. Hope we can get back to winning football. I feel we are on the right track and we have a talented roster, but I want to see a playoff team this year.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
you're giving me blue balls here. I'd love to see just a bit of that magic this year on offense. but I highly doubt you'll hear them comparing this rookie line to that one lol

Moostache

Rookie
There have been offenses with great QB play and WR play. There have been offenses with great running games. There has never been an offense as complete as the GSOT. They couldn't be stopped and if they played in today's game they would put 50 on almost anybody. Greatest offense ever.

Faulk is probably the greatest offensive football player I have ever seen. I think Barry Sanders was a better RB, but Faulk did absolutely everything offensively. He could have been a WR in the league.
The only thing I saw anyone do markedly better than Faulk as an overall RB (running, catching and blocking combined) was Payton's blocking as a RB. Outside of that, I would have to put Faulk and Payton as 1a and 1b that I have seen....I never saw Brown play live, the only live running I saw from OJ was the Bronco chase... and I always thought Emmitt had the best O-line for a RB ever, Barry was too prone to lose 7 yards multiple times a game and the modern backs can't hold a candle to Faulk overall.

Marshall was a great offensive weapon; and from '99-'01 he was the most unstoppable thing in NFL history, as well as the best in the game (Warner's MVP's are a joke in my mind because without the threats that Faulk represented out of the backfield as either a runner or a receiver, a lot of those wide open throwing lanes and dig-routes to Holt and Bruce would have been closed down and Warner may not have survived the season.).

Sorry Kurt supporters, Marshall should have been a 3-time league MVP between 1999 and 2001.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only thing I saw anyone do markedly better than Faulk as an overall RB (running, catching and blocking combined) was Payton's blocking as a RB. Outside of that, I would have to put Faulk and Payton as 1a and 1b that I have seen....I never saw Brown play live, the only live running I saw from OJ was the Bronco chase... and I always thought Emmitt had the best O-line for a RB ever, Barry was too prone to lose 7 yards multiple times a game and the modern backs can't hold a candle to Faulk overall.

Marshall was a great offensive weapon; and from '99-'01 he was the most unstoppable thing in NFL history, as well as the best in the game (Warner's MVP's are a joke in my mind because without the threats that Faulk represented out of the backfield as either a runner or a receiver, a lot of those wide open throwing lanes and dig-routes to Holt and Bruce would have been closed down and Warner may not have survived the season.).

Sorry Kurt supporters, Marshall should have been a 3-time league MVP between 1999 and 2001.

Faulk was actually unstoppable in his last year with the Colts too. In fact he led the NFL in yards from scrimmage and had his second best year in that category and that was on a team that was terrible with defenses focused pretty much totally on him. PManning was a rookie that was not playing like the Manning we saw him become and there wasn't a good WR threat on the roster that I recall anyway. That team was not very good and Faulk STILL dominated.

I was flabbergasted when they got Faulk, it was like they stole him. People forget he went to the PB three times in Indy.

I disagree that Warner's MVP's were a joke however. I think you are over the top right there.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
OMG! That was so much fun to watch.

A synergy of Warner, that great OL, and the incomparable Faulk. And those fabulous receivers weren't even showcased in this particular video.

Man...

Those were some good times, huh? What a 3 year run that was...

Moostache

Rookie
I disagree that Warner's MVP's were a joke however. I think you are over the top right there.

You are right..."joke" is not the right word to use...Warner did have great numbers, but if his "story" wasn't such a huge narrative that first year in '99, he would not have won the MVP over Faulk, and in '01 his TDs were slightly down and INTs slightly up if memory serves...at any rate, you are correct sir, I did not choose the right words there!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OMG! That was so much fun to watch.

A synergy of Warner, that great OL, and the incomparable Faulk. And those fabulous receivers weren't even showcased in this particular video.

Man...

Those were some good times, huh? What a 3 year run that was...

Not many QB's threw a screen, or any short pass like Warner. He feathered a ball in..........he had amazing touch.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I wish I could like the orinigal post a million times. He was my idol growing up and that team is the sole reason growing up I fell in love with football. Being first gen american I had no idea what football was or how to play but I would watch Faulk and the rest of the team and try to emulate them at recess so I could fit in.

Thank you for the video it brings me back to a real happy place!!

Also, can we bring back those damn units already? damnnnn

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Always nice seeing the Bears get their ass kicked, even if it was 16 years ago.

Still pisses me off Chris Johnson in 2009 broke Faulk's yards from scrimmage record.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I have said this before and I'll say it again...

I would do terrible, disgusting things to have another run like that GSOT team

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just pure awesomeness.

with all the attention paid to marshall's cuts and stutter steps (rightly so) its so easy to forget how fast he was and how quickly he could find the next gear ........48 yd TD pass.

never hurts to have the doughnut brothers blockin either. or pace.