Marshall Faulk: Patriots taping walk through is a fact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Did the Patriots record the walkstgroughs and cheat before SB36?

• Total voters

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Yeah, they didn't though.

That tape never surfaced.
Ladies and gentlemen, our hold-out juror. :banghead:

simpson.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm more ticked that they stopped the clock when JR Redmond got tackled before he went out of bounds, that game should have gone OT
But yeah I have no doubts they taped but that isn't why they won. Allowing the DB's to crush the WR was
Not to mention the uncalled obvious intentional grounding on the Pats game winning drive. Blatantly awful.
The fix was in and the Pats were in bed with the NFL who was on board with the powers that be. It was the story that 99.9999999% of American citizens(patriots) needed 5 months after 9/11/01

There was no way New England was going to lose that day.

Bruce2980

Starter
I effin LOVE that Faulk won't let it go. Because the media is full of BS and their groupthink can suck it. The fact is the Patriots cheated us out of our second Super Bowl. And I GUARANTEE they had an edge on other teams they played throughout those playoffs as well, all games they won like the one against the Raiders that went down to the wire.

It's complete and total horse $#!t that this wasn't a bigger story. If the Rams had been a team in NY or LA at that time it would have been, too. So IMO the media needs to take a look in the mirror and having guys like Marshall keepin it real on TV is crucial.
Marshall also said, from what I heard on AZ radio that the Rams had a play on the goal line that they had never ran before and the Patriots defense had played it perfectly, he doesn't believe that was coincidence. It was a play that was part of the walk through and he believes that the Cheatriots got it from the film.

Bruce2980

Starter
Besides the videotape... all I can remember is the patriots holding and hitting the Ram receivers CONSTANTLY and nothing was ever called. IIRC, the next year they changed the rules and said you can only hit a receiver within 5 yards. That rule should forever be called "the Patriots F'd the Rams Super Bowl rule". Faulk should be ticked.
Early in the game Isaac Bruce was hit late out of bounds and got his ribs broken, no call.

jap

Legend
I like that Roger actual posted on that site...
5474a3c21f.jpg

Marshall and any Horns player can easily talk openly about the taping. That is a matter of public record, even if the nE employee retracted his confession later on, most likely under league pressure.

However, if they challenged the league's officials on their poor officiating, wouldn't they be almost automatically subjected to fines like anyone who challenges the incompetence of the league's officials always are? Why pay fines for complaints that will never be properly resolved? I would have much rather have the NFL embarrassed by having the entire thing taken to court. I wouldn't have given a damn if they lost public confidence & respect & millions or billions of dollars in consequence. It would have served all the damn cheaters right.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Who cares if Faulk is getting roasted the Commissioner destroyed the tapes and you don't destroy something unless it contains evidence. That is why I will always root against the Patriots no matter who they are playing and everyone who was involved should burn in hell.
Cheatriots.jpg
Abso-fucking-lutely

tempests

Hall of Fame
Ladies and gentlemen, our hold-out juror. :banghead:

In OJs case, he had more than a holdout juror on his side.

But in this one, I take Mike Martz word for it.

"Roger Goodell basically called Bill Belichick a liar for denying he knew he was breaking the rules in his SpyGate operation. Now former Rams coach Mike Martz is calling out Matt Walsh.

Martz remembers everything from the Rams' final walkthrough practice the day before they were upset by New England in the Super Bowl six years ago except for Walsh, the former video assistant turned assistant golf pro, standing on the field in Patriots gear absorbing information that he claims he then passed on to one of Bill Belichick's assistants.

"Clearly, if he was there in Patriots gear, I would assure you we would have been very aware of that," Martz told the Daily News by phone yesterday from the 49ers' office in Santa Clara, Calif. "It never happened. The security personnel would have seen it."

Martz, however, didn't question if Walsh was actually in the Superdome that day, where he was helping the New England video staff set up for game day, but doubts he understood what he was watching on the field.

"I don't know if he knows if a football is pumped with air or stuffed with tissue," Martz said. "That's why he's playing golf."

The anger was evident in Martz's voice. He said it was an insult to the Rams' security staff to think Walsh would have gone undetected watching the practice wearing Pats clothing, as Walsh told Goodell on Tuesday. Martz was so incensed he called Goodell on Wednesday to find out more.

"It's just a foolish statement. Disrespectful and insulting. If he was on our sidelines in Patriots gear, we would have spotted him," said Martz, now the 49ers' offensive coordinator. "It was more than a walkthrough. It was a regular practice. We did a lot of things."

Walsh told Goodell that after that practice he was quizzed by Patriots assistant coach Brian Daboll, now with the Jets, about what he saw. Walsh also told Goodell that nobody from the Patriots instructed him to observe or report on the walkthrough.

He mentioned that Marshall Faulk was returning kickoffs, a plan Martz was implementing just for the Super Bowl. And he said he told Daboll about tight end formations.

The league security department interviewed Daboll again on Wednesday and he had no recollection about the Rams' walkthrough. Even if the conversation took place, it would not be a violation of NFL rules.

Martz said he didn't care if Belichick knew Faulk would return kicks because it would make the Patriots "paranoid." He said Walsh's information about the Rams' plan was accurate, but doubted he came up with that on his own.

"Maybe it was after the fact. I really don't know," Martz said. "He's a video guy. How much does he know about what we are doing? Unless somebody else was with him that knew more about football. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish other than trying to destroy Bill Belichick."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/mike-martz-super-stupor-article-1.331740

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not to mention the uncalled obvious intentional grounding on the Pats game winning drive. Blatantly awful.
The fix was in and the Pats were in bed with the NFL who was on board with the powers that be. It was the story that 99.9999999% of American citizens(patriots) needed 5 months after 9/11/01

There was no way New England was going to lose that day.
Pretty much my exact words on here a few years back. Literally. The fix was in Fo sho.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In OJs case, he had more than a holdout juror on his side.

But in this one, I take Mike Martz word for it.

"Roger Goodell basically called Bill Belichick a liar for denying he knew he was breaking the rules in his SpyGate operation. Now former Rams coach Mike Martz is calling out Matt Walsh.

Martz remembers everything from the Rams' final walkthrough practice the day before they were upset by New England in the Super Bowl six years ago except for Walsh, the former video assistant turned assistant golf pro, standing on the field in Patriots gear absorbing information that he claims he then passed on to one of Bill Belichick's assistants.

"Clearly, if he was there in Patriots gear, I would assure you we would have been very aware of that," Martz told the Daily News by phone yesterday from the 49ers' office in Santa Clara, Calif. "It never happened. The security personnel would have seen it."

Martz, however, didn't question if Walsh was actually in the Superdome that day, where he was helping the New England video staff set up for game day, but doubts he understood what he was watching on the field.

"I don't know if he knows if a football is pumped with air or stuffed with tissue," Martz said. "That's why he's playing golf."

The anger was evident in Martz's voice. He said it was an insult to the Rams' security staff to think Walsh would have gone undetected watching the practice wearing Pats clothing, as Walsh told Goodell on Tuesday. Martz was so incensed he called Goodell on Wednesday to find out more.

"It's just a foolish statement. Disrespectful and insulting. If he was on our sidelines in Patriots gear, we would have spotted him," said Martz, now the 49ers' offensive coordinator. "It was more than a walkthrough. It was a regular practice. We did a lot of things."

Walsh told Goodell that after that practice he was quizzed by Patriots assistant coach Brian Daboll, now with the Jets, about what he saw. Walsh also told Goodell that nobody from the Patriots instructed him to observe or report on the walkthrough.

He mentioned that Marshall Faulk was returning kickoffs, a plan Martz was implementing just for the Super Bowl. And he said he told Daboll about tight end formations.

The league security department interviewed Daboll again on Wednesday and he had no recollection about the Rams' walkthrough. Even if the conversation took place, it would not be a violation of NFL rules.

Martz said he didn't care if Belichick knew Faulk would return kicks because it would make the Patriots "paranoid." He said Walsh's information about the Rams' plan was accurate, but doubted he came up with that on his own.

"Maybe it was after the fact. I really don't know," Martz said. "He's a video guy. How much does he know about what we are doing? Unless somebody else was with him that knew more about football. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish other than trying to destroy Bill Belichick."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/mike-martz-super-stupor-article-1.331740

my understanding was he was in the stands, not on the field.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This hilarious clip from Burn without Reading is ripe for a Hitlerstyle makeover on the Rams getting fucked over in SB36

bnw

Pro Bowler
Oh, it wasn't just that.

The head official, Bernie Kukar, may he rot in hell, was responsible for PF calls, and there none called. That's a fact, too. The writing was on the wall, the Patriot's Defense punished Warner all game. I remember Pat Summerall calling Madden out on the pick-six, "because it wasn't a penalty." Madden pretty much said nothing about the officiating after that.

Also, Kukar went after the ref who called Willie McGinest for Holding on Marshall Faulk, the one call they got right, wanting him to pick up that flag. The ref wouldn't do it.

I absolutely agree. The taping was bad enough but when the officials were determined to take your game away from you from the very start you are screwed. Football is the easiest game for the officials to do just that and the silence from the media after that grand theft was deafening.

The Rams had no chance winning SB36. The Patriots were anointed by the league office to be the face of the resurgent USA post 9/11. Rams were depicted as dark ominous and brooding during the pregame shows while the Patriots were the bright respectful dutiful underdogs. A Kurt Warner lead team as dark ominous and brooding....yes Virginia it was the Twilight Zone. Every time I hear a know nothing talking head claim the officials 'just let them play' I want to break things. There was (maybe still is?) a website made by a Rams fan that documented in great detail all the glaring no calls by the officials that kept the Patriots in the game in SB36. Must see TV for all Rams fans not old enough to have seen the theft or haven't heard about it.

SB36 was stolen from the Rams because of a Public Relations campaign for Uncle Sam. I'm proud of Faulk for speaking his mind. I hope now that Kurt has his gold jacket that he too will be more forthcoming with what he knows about the theft of SB36. Same for Mike Martz who became the ultimate loser due to the theft besides us Rams fans. NEVER FORGET.