Marshall Faulk: Patriots taping walk through is a fact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Did the Patriots record the walkstgroughs and cheat before SB36?

• Total voters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Warner doesn't get hit, Ty Law doesn't get pick 6 and Rams win that game going away

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Taping signals may be borderline/gray area when it comes to breaking rules.

But

Taping the other team's practice before the game is straight freaking cheating in everyone's book. That whole freaking franchise is nothing but a culture of cheating. They lie so much that they believe they are above the rules. They constantly get caught... that's why their penalties (Deflate-Gate) are getting more and more severe. They are a steaming pile of lies and crap.

Be proud of that asterisk cheater fans... You've earned it honestly.

Hell yes..........
source.gif

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Oh, it wasn't just that.

The head official, Bernie Kukar, may he rot in hell, was responsible for PF calls, and there none called. That's a fact, too. The writing was on the wall, the Patriot's Defense punished Warner all game. I remember Pat Summerall calling Madden out on the pick-six, "because it wasn't a penalty." Madden pretty much said nothing about the officiating after that.

Also, Kukar went after the ref who called Willie McGinest for Holding on Marshall Faulk, the one call they got right, wanting him to pick up that flag. The ref wouldn't do it.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides the videotape... all I can remember is the patriots holding and hitting the Ram receivers CONSTANTLY and nothing was ever called. IIRC, the next year they changed the rules and said you can only hit a receiver within 5 yards. That rule should forever be called "the Patriots F'd the Rams Super Bowl rule". Faulk should be pissed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. I remember Pat Summerall calling Madden out on the pick-six, "because it wasn't a penalty." Madden pretty much said nothing about the officiating after that.
My mind is getting foggy, but what penalty was missed on that play? IIRC Warner's arm got hit while throwing and Law stepped in front of Ike and took it untouched to the house

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad Marshall Faulk is around to stand up for the Rams fans and his teammates. Glad that he won't just drop it like the NFL and media want him to do. People (especially Patsy fans) act like you're a conspiracy theorist if you say that the Patriots taped the walkthrough. Of course, these are the same people who claimed that Goodell was framing the Patriots and out to get them during the whole Deflategate investigation.

They're hypocrites who often contradict themselves. We all know what happened. We know why Roger Goodell destroyed the evidence (you can't admit a Super Bowl victory was tainted). Good for Marshall Faulk to stand up and refuse to let it go. He got cheated out of a second ring.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wasn't the taping scandal after the Rams, NE got caught taping the Jets. Then there was a guy that did the taping trying to get protection and wouldn't say anything until guaranteed. He was the one that sent the tapes to Goodell.

The Rams were brought up during this investigation and it was deemed they did indeed tape the practice, especially some of the Red Zone plays.

My understanding was that they taped the Rams final walkthrough as well, which included all the installed game packages. Can't tell me Belicheat wouldn't use the F out of that; that he DID.

Still makes me angry to this day man.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
My mind is getting foggy, but what penalty was missed on that play? IIRC Warner's arm got hit while throwing and Law stepped in front of Ike and took it untouched to the house
Vrabel hit Warner on the helmet.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vrabel hit Warner on the helmet.
Meh, he had hit the arm first. Of course in todays rules that would be a no brainer call.
Where I think the refs definitely "helped" was on that god forsaken last drive by the Pats when Redmond knees hit in bounds and they said he was out of bounds and stopped the clock

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Meh, he had hit the arm first. Of course in todays rules that would be a no brainer call.
Where I think the refs definitely "helped" was on that god forsaken last drive by the Pats when Redmond knees hit in bounds and they said he was out of bounds and stopped the clock
Don't forget Brady's Intentional Grounding, which wasn't called either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't forget Brady's Intentional Grounding, which wasn't called either.
Oh right.... Ok, now I'm getting mad again....
Went to therapy for years over this....
Breathe
Breathe
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Taping signals may be borderline/gray area when it comes to breaking rules.

Nope it is totally against the rules, that's what started the entire thing. Goodell sent a memo out telling teams it was against the rules because a couple of teams were doing it. He got wind the Patriots were doing it again and called to confront them and they denied it. That's a big part of the reason he was angry and the fine and draft pick take away were so big. Kraft lied to him, through Belichik and it ruined their friendship. Kraft and Goodell are cordial on a professional level but no longer buddy buddy like people think. This was a lot of egg on Goodells face AFTER he told teams to stop breaking the rule.

Goodall keeps messing with rule changes and other things to foster some positive legacy for himself when his commissionership is over.

Goodell has essentially nothing to do with rules changes. There is a committee that proposes changes and then teams vote.

I konw people like to blame Goodell for everything wrong with the NFL but actually very little of the real on field problems come from him. NOw the super long commercial loaded games......yup bash away.

Besides the videotape... all I can remember is the patriots holding and hitting the Ram receivers CONSTANTLY and nothing was ever called. IIRC, the next year they changed the rules and said you can only hit a receiver within 5 yards. That rule should forever be called "the Patriots F'd the Rams Super Bowl rule". Faulk should be ticked.

I think Faulk was actually tackled at least a half a dozen times coming out of the backfield as if he had the ball. Not one call.

It was a penalty back then. He hit him in the face, there should have been a flag.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think Faulk was actually tackled at least a half a dozen times coming out of the backfield as if he had the ball. Not one call.

That especially, I was watching all game long and marveling at how the refs could NOT call that.
You would have to be deaf, dumb, blind and stupid to miss all that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, they didn't though.

That tape never surfaced.

Because Goodell had them destroyed. They've cheated for years and years. Marshall is absolutely right.