Marshall Faulk: Handshake vs. Fistbump

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Came across this while doing some research on Marshall Faulk. I'm pretty sure he didn't know how serious this was to Howie Mandel but apparently he won't shake hands with anyone due to his fear of germs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mandel has mysophobia (a pathological fear of contamination/germs) to the point that he does not shake hands with anyone, including enthusiastic contestants on Deal or No Deal, unless he is wearing latex gloves. Instead of shaking contestants' hands when they offer them, Mandel often opts to exchange fist pounds, put his hands on contestants' shoulders, or give an occasional hug. He once kissed a female contestant on the show for good luck despite his mysophobia.

He now takes medicine to control his condition and even pokes fun at himself for it. He revealed on The Howard Stern Show on March 24, 2006, that his shaved head is not related to natural hair loss, but to his mysophobia. He stated that the lack of hair makes him feel cleaner

In September 2007, Mandel interviewed former NFL running back Marshall Faulk on NFL Network. Faulk asked him to shake hands, but Mandel declined, noting he'd rather have the fist tap, as he does with Deal or No Deal contestants. Seconds later, Faulk subjected him to a "sneak attack", and shook his right hand. Mandel screamed and walked away from Faulk. He then washed his hands several times." LINK

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Who the fuck hated Faulk that much to upload this little clip then call him a ass clown. Fucking ass clown

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Shoulda slapped him across the face for being such a D-bag about shaking a superstar's hand. What kind of respect is shown by holding up your fist and turning your head as if you're about to get sprayed down with venom from a spitting cobra.

jjab360

Legend
Shoulda slapped him across the face for being such a D-bag about shaking a superstar's hand. What kind of respect is shown by holding up your fist and turning your head as if you're about to get sprayed down with venom from a spitting cobra.
The guy (as clearly stated in the OP) has an extremely severe case of mysophobia. Shaking hands for him would be like holding a tarantula or something for most people. As far as "superstar" status goes, Mandel is probably a bigger star than Faulk is, but regardless the respect should be mutual in that Faulk should've respected his wishes if he really didn't want to shake his hand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lawl. That germophobe stuff is a killer. I knew a dude who basically needed a hazmat suit to use a public bathroom, and would only flush and open doors with his shoe. Plus, if the sink wasn't one of those automated sensor-operated faucets, he'd more or less panic.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
lawl. That germophobe stuff is a killer. I knew a dude who basically needed a hazmat suit to use a public bathroom, and would only flush and open doors with his shoe. Plus, if the sink wasn't one of those automated sensor-operated faucets, he'd more or less panic.

If your cheeks can't handle a public toilet, you probably have an autoimmune disorder. Now when the dangles hit the water when you sit down, that's a whole different monster. Tried to PG this as much as possible. Delete if necessary. :whistle:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The guy (as clearly stated in the OP) has an extremely severe case of mysophobia. Shaking hands for him would be like holding a tarantula or something for most people. As far as "superstar" status goes, Mandel is probably a bigger star than Faulk is, but regardless the respect should be mutual in that Faulk should've respected his wishes if he really didn't want to shake his hand.

Idk how you get by without shaking hands in a business world environment. I take it as disrespectful to Faulk that Howie wouldn't shake his hand as if he were filthy or something. Whatever his psychological condition, he has to realize that he is going to encounter germs regardless of if he shakes hands or fist bumps someone and it's not directly harmful to him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If your cheeks can't handle a public toilet, you probably have an autoimmune disorder. Now when the dangles hit the water when you sit down, that's a whole different monster. Tried to PG this as much as possible. Delete if necessary. :whistle:

Thats happened, still alive....It was kinda gross..Hell, I did #2 once in those blue temp stalls, and it splashed back up and got me in the arse too!!!!! Now, I freaked out a bit on that....ahahahhahha, lol, best laugh all day.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I actually view it as Marshall being disrespectful if he knew about his condition before hand. I'd of been pissed if I was Howie. And I doubt Howie cared whether or not Faulk was a sports superstar. Faulk was just playing around but that shit was serious to Howie. Would be like making food for a Vegan then telling them afterword you made it with meat. I think calling him an ass clown is extreme, but it wasn't a cool move.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I actually view it as Marshall being disrespectful if he knew about his condition before hand. I'd of been pissed if I was Howie. And I doubt Howie cared whether or not Faulk was a sports superstar. Faulk was just playing around but that crap was serious to Howie. Would be like making food for a Vegan then telling them afterword you made it with meat. I think calling him an ass clown is extreme, but it wasn't a cool move.
This, guys are siding with Marsh because of their football allegiance, but whether Marshall knew or not, it was completely disrespectful to do that. He flat out told Marshall no and Marshall should have respected that. When people set up boundaries they are to be respected, not laughed off as being too weird to follow. Knowing Marshall and the upstanding guy he is, he'd probably say the same and probably apologized to Mandel more than once.

The youtuber calling him an ass clown and saying he ATTACKED Howie however is being fucking ridiculous. Probably a zealous Mandel fan cranky that his idol was disturbed.