Marquez okay (sorta) only out a few weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/21/jeff-fisher-updates-injured-wr-bradley-marquezs-status/

The Los Angeles Rams were dealt another injury at the wide receiver position in Saturday night’s 21-20 preseason victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. A week after undrafted free agent Nelson Spruce suffered a knee sprain, we saw second-year receiver Bradley Marquez go down with an ankle injury.

While it looked pretty scary after he went down, head coach Jeff Fisher had some good news on Sunday.

Via Myles Simmons of the team’s official website:

Follow
Myles Simmons

✔@MylesASimmons

Fisher: Got good news on Marquez today. He has a chance to get back this week, but if not, can be back in next couple weeks.

5:41 PM - 21 Aug 2016

That’s great news for Marquez, obviously. As a rookie, the UDFA from Texas Tech caught 13 passes for 88 yards in limited action. He’s right there in the mix with the multiple other wide receivers for playing time, but one big benefit of Marquez’s game is that he’s a strong special teams player.

According to Football Outsiders, in 2015 Marquez played on 63.8 percent of the special teams snaps. That fact alone could be a selling point for why Marquez may be nearly a lock for the final 53-man roster.

fancents86

Starter
Been waiting to hear news about him all day. Very happy he's alright, we're gonna need him this season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good for him. I was expecting much worse.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, we know that 5 WR's that will most likely be kept are:

1. Kenny Britt
  2. Tavon Austin
  3. Pharoh Cooper
  4. Bradley Marquez
  5. Nelson Spruce
I'd like to see more of Duke Williams as I believe it will come down to him and Michael Thomas, one of them needs to make a big play next week against the Broncos, with Brian Quick on the outside looking in.

lockdnram21

Legend

1. Kenny Britt
  2. Tavon Austin
  3. Pharoh Cooper
  4. Bradley Marquez
  5. Nelson Spruce
I'd like to see more of Duke Williams as I believe it will come down to him and Michael Thomas, one of them needs to make a big play next week against the Broncos, with Brian Quick on the outside looking in.
I still think that Marques or Spruce don't make it... Marques has did next to nothing on offense... It would be hard to keep him a chase Reynolds and the do nothing on offense

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still think that Marques or Spruce don't make it... Marques has did next to nothing on offense... It would be hard to keep him a chase Reynolds and the do nothing on offense

While I agree with you, it sure seemed the Rams were very concerned about the injury, so just from that observation, IMO, Marquez makes the team and if Aaron Green can come back this week and showcase a little more, maybe we can finally just kiss and say goodbye to Chase Reynolds.

lockdnram21

Legend
While I agree with you, it sure seemed the Rams were very concerned about the injury, so just from that observation, IMO, Marquez makes the team and if Aaron Green can come back this week and showcase a little more, maybe we can finally just kiss and say goodbye to Chase Reynolds.
If he makes it I don't think Spruce makes it

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

1. Kenny Britt
  2. Tavon Austin
  3. Pharoh Cooper
  4. Bradley Marquez
  5. Nelson Spruce
I wouldn't count ' North' out of the mix just yet!(y);):D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I believe that is what needs to happen.
The thing that F's me up is Green wears 36 a long with another player. Is Aaron Green playing much on special teams ?

Ram65

Legend
I have little if any idea who stays.

I like Spruce. Glad Bradley Marquez is going to be healthy soon. I think he brings a lot to the Rams on ST and has actually made plays in the regular season. I haven't totally given up on Quick but he is fading. Haven't seen enough of Thomas and Duke.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bradley Marques is the best special teams guy The Rams have.
--Spruce is a gamer & has excellent hands,with a knack of getting open.

--Quick has been missing to many passes,but still has a good skill set.

Maybe one of these injuries by The Rams extra time.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1. Kenny Britt
  2. Tavon Austin
  3. Pharoh Cooper
  4. Bradley Marquez
  5. Nelson Spruce
Fisher actually went onto the field to comfort him/check him out personally when it happened. That spoke volumes.