Market for 49ers tickets and PSLs is “plummeting”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://nelson-haha.api-meal.eu/

9871a6ec.gif~c200

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/18/market-for-49ers-tickets-and-psls-is-plummeting/

Market for 49ers tickets and PSLs is “plummeting”
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2016

453646490-e1460997985693.jpg
Getty Images

The 49ers once again are proving that winning draws fans to the games, and that losing drives them away.

According to C.W. Nevius of the San Francisco Chronicle (via SportsBusiness Daily), the market for tickets and Personal Seat Licenses has been “plummeting.”

Currently, a total of 1,825 PSLs (consisting of 4,601 seats) are available, with dozens priced below market value. When the new stadium opened, tickets were completely sold out and a waiting list existed for PSLs and season tickets.

Per the report, some fans that financed their PSL purchases over 10 years are thinking about “stopping payments and walking away.” While the 49ers would have the right to enforce the PSL payments, Nevius raises a great question: What would the 49ers do if a large number of PSL holders simultaneously walk away? Sue all of them?

Regardless, things are looking suddenly ordinary for an organization that, not long ago, was moving back toward elite status.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PSL's are bullshit, I know where they started, but they never should have gone there.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Laugh V.jpg
From all over the world, news of the Forty Niner woes reaches the ears of humanity. People respond. They rally. They...laugh, because, hey life is serious. We need to laugh more.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man."
-Jack Handy
laugh I.jpg
Laugh II.jpg

Laugh III.jpg

Laugh IV.jpg

rdw

Pro Bowler

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lower those prices!! I for-see their Home park being Filled with Rams Fans on Opening Day!!:wow::mrburnsevil::yay::banana::rockon::snicker::popcorn::cheers::yess:

49ers.jpg
Fist Bump.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They are a fairweather fanbase.

One of the worst imo. It is not like the Niners have sucked for 30 years. Overall, they have been a consistently good team. Those types of teams usually keep the fans in the seats even with some losing seasons. The Niners have been in San Fran for a long enough time to have a fanbase rooted in tradition.

I am wondering if the price of seats went up substantially with the new stadium. That is what happened with the New York Yankees and for years the prime seats behind home plate were mostly unoccupied. These greedy owners overestimate how badly people want to see their teams play live.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't be laughing too hard, if the rams don't win the same thing will happen in LA. Noone wants to pay crazy high prices for a losing product.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I've got a good friend who had season tickets for years at Candlestick. Got the bill for the PSLs and found out where his new seats were, and he said adios. PSLs one of the worst things ever invented for the common fan. Paying for the privilege to buy tickets just rubs me the wrong way.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wouldn't be laughing too hard, if the rams don't win the same thing will happen in LA. Noone wants to pay crazy high prices for a losing product.

Especially at the Coliseum