Mark Sanchez - Would you sign him?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I might be in the minority but I hope the Rams sign him (At the right price!)! I think he would be a very good backup and if Bradford gets hurt again I would rather have him QB'ing the Rams than most of the backups the Rams have had in the past.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No.

Because the first time Bradford throws an incomplete pass the Sanchez train will leave the station and there will be a QB controversy.

Plus if you look at his career production he is kinda like Kellen Clemens but costs more money. Sanchez has posted backup numbers as a starter making HUGE coin.

And in addition he wants to be a starter.

No thanks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Similar to Chris Johnson. If he's willing to be the backup and get paid like it, then sure.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Similar to Chris Johnson. If he's willing to be the backup and get paid like it, then sure.

With as many teams as there are looking for a QB, and nothing in the draft for QB thats worth a damn, Sanchez is going to get a job as a starter for a lot more money than a backup makes.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With as many teams as there are looking for a QB, and nothing in the draft for QB thats worth a damn, Sanchez is going to get a job as a starter for a lot more money than a backup makes.

Agreed. As much as I would like to see the Rams sign Sanchez as Bradford's backup I will be very surprised if he doesn't get a starting job somewhere else.

Rockman

UDFA
No way. I like Hill way better. No drama. No circus. No butt fumble. Better veteran presence.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
NO!! He goes out, misses the hand off, and gets sacked by his OL'man's butt!!

Not to mention he's a moper... HE MOPES!!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I might be in the minority but I hope the Rams sign him (At the right price!)! I think he would be a very good backup and if Bradford gets hurt again I would rather have him QB'ing the Rams than most of the backups the Rams have had in the past.
If he gets rid of that stupid haircut and takes backup money I'd certainly do it!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If he is cheap and knows he will be a back up im all for it. If not, Hill is a great choice, prefer him really, but the Schotty connection with Sanchez is hard to ignore.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
He would have to come at Vet minimum for me to even consider him. I have never seen him as starter quality and, I can't believe I'm saying this but I would prefer Clemons to him any day of the week.
Someone will pay him starter money and I would be very surprised if he doesn't still see himself as a starter somewhere..

moklerman

Warner-phile
Sanchez has had some low-lights to be sure but he's played some solid to good ball under Schottenheimer. He's still young and his experience and relative success as a starter coupled with him only being 27 and familiar with the Rams offense makes him seem like a pretty good choice for backup. Would there be a QB controversy? I don't think so but it would be a way for the Rams to hedge their bets and not be forced to draft a QB if Bradford gets injured again. Sanchez is young enough and capable enough to take over as a potential starter and at worst a stop-gap if 2014 proves the negative and the Bradford era ends.

Now, would Sanchez sign with the Rams banking on the long term potential? It'd be a risk, especially if there are starting jobs out there for him. Doubt he signs quickly as a backup. I think he'll fare better out of New York. He's got his warts but I think that's been a tough environment for QB's for a while.

So, while I'd gladly sign him to an appropriate contract for a backup for the Rams, I don't think it's going to happen.

nighttrain

Legend
Cmon, any backup of Rams, other than KW, Sanchez is improvement
train

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Hill much better and I hope this time he signs with the Rams over the Lions. Too much drama with Marky Mark as Cleveland would be a better landing spot for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think I prefer Hill, as a guy comfortable being a backup.

I'm not sure where Sanchez head is at in that regard.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
No.

Because the first time Bradford throws an incomplete pass the Sanchez train will leave the station and there will be a QB controversy.

Plus if you look at his career production he is kinda like Kellen Clemens but costs more money. Sanchez has posted backup numbers as a starter making HUGE coin.

And in addition he wants to be a starter.

No thanks.

^^^ What he said... ^^^