Mark Sanchez to the Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/report-bears-finalizing-deal-with-mark-sanchez/

Report: Bears finalizing deal with Mark Sanchez
Posted by Michael Gehlken on March 23, 2017

630777788-e1490158174694.jpg
Getty Images

Whatever cure is required for the quarterback situation in Chicago, it seems, won’t be found at this late stage in free agency. The best hope for remedy on the current roster comes in the form of Mike Glennon, he of 11 passes the past two seasons combined.

Depth, though, is depth.

The Bears appear on the brink of adding some.

Veteran journeyman Mark Sanchez is on the cusp of signing with the Bears, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported. This will be the fifth NFL team for the ex-USC quarterback, who has bounced from the Jets to Eagles to Broncos to Cowboys and now Bears since 2014.

Sanchez, 30, completed 10 of 18 passes in his lone season with the Cowboys, notching 93 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions.

But it’s all relative.

Elsewhere on the Bears’ QB depth chart today, Glennon threw 11 passes in 2016, and Connor Shaw threw none. So 11 compared to Sanchez’ 18.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's so crap. How he keeps getting jobs is baffling.

NFL QB's with experience, butt-fumble or not, will usually always get a job even if it's as a backup. Case Keenum, Mike Glennon, Ryan Mallett, Chase Daniel, Shaun Hill, Kellen Clemens, Brandon Weeden, and Chad Henne are all either employed or will be before the season begins. Sanchez is right in the mix with those players.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Back up QB quality has really gone down the shifter. Remember Danny White, Frank Reich, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Brad Johnson, all were backups. Is it that QBing has gotten harder with pass happy offenses, or QBs scarcer with so many spread offenses in high school and college?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
QBs scarcer with so many spread offenses in high school and college?
That's the popular take that i happen to agree with. Makes too much sense. It's quite possible that today's QB's just take longer to develop.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Back up QB quality has really gone down the shifter. Remember Danny White, Frank Reich, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Brad Johnson, all were backups. Is it that QBing has gotten harder with pass happy offenses, or QBs scarcer with so many spread offenses in high school and college?
As much as I usually agree with you, I see this as the polar opposite
No salary cap back then allowed a team to keep a guy. Although from that list the only guy that's any different than today's game is Steve Young. I think the spread in high school and college helps kids be ready for the nfl as the spread is more common in the NFL today than the "pro set" concept. Used to take a QB 3-4 years on the bench before getting a shot. Kids today are coming in right away and playing well

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As much as I usually agree with you, I see this as the polar opposite
No salary cap back then allowed a team to keep a guy. Although from that list the only guy that's any different than today's game is Steve Young. I think the spread in high school and college helps kids be ready for the nfl as the spread is more common in the NFL today than the "pro set" concept. Used to take a QB 3-4 years on the bench before getting a shot. Kids today are coming in right away and playing well

But how does that explain scrappy backups?

Psycho_X

Legend
This is actually great because all the Bears fans I know have basically disowned them for the next several years. The Cubs and Blackhawks recent success has basically made the Bears an after thought for most Chicago fans. This signing definitely doesn't help.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But how does that explain scrappy backups?
Because we've always had them, only difference is that teams don't keep them long term.
Guys who stick around these days are guys that can be signed as cheap insurance.
Is their really a difference between Frank Reich and Mark Sanchez? Sanchez has had a much better career save that miracle game vs Houston

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

http://profootballmock.com/mark-sanchez-lets-door-hit-him-on-ass-on-way-out-of-jets-headquarters/

Mark Sanchez Lets Door Hit Him On Ass On Way Out Of Jets Headquarters
"Dammit. I just told him not to do that," sighs Rex Ryan
By PFM Staff
Updated: March 24, 2014

NEW-YORK-JETS-DOOR-300x217.png

The door now leads the team in 2014 QB sacks with 1.0, a lead that may last well into December.

NEW YORK – After learning that he had been officially released by the New York Jets, and despite express orders from head coach Rex Ryan to the contrary mere seconds earlier, QB Mark Sanchez let the door hit him on the ass as he walked out of Jets headquarters late Friday, team sources reported.

“Dammit. I JUST told him not to do that, like ten seconds ago,” an exasperated Ryan sighed to no one in particular after Sanchez recovered from the butt-slam and continued on his way to the parking lot carrying a duffel bag. “Christ, that is classic Sanchez right there.”

The move had been widely expected after the Jets signed former Eagles QB Michael Vick last week. Yet despite knowing the termination was coming, Sanchez still managed to fumble away his opportunity for a graceful exit.

MARK-SANCHEZ-NEW-YORK-JETS-QB-RELEASED-300x195.jpg

Moments later, Sanchez rear-ended a guard rail in the team parking lot.

“Can’t say I’m surprised,” said retired Jets guard Brandon Moore, who in 2012 provided the “butt” in Sanchez’s now infamous butt-fumble against the New England Patriots. “Mark’s not exactly the most graceful guy when trying to navigate away from a stressful situation. Whether he’s running from an outside pass rush or a contract termination, you can be pretty sure that he’s going to crash into something. Might be a door. Might be my ass.”

“But here’s the really weird thing about the whole door-ass hit,” Ryan later told reporters. “The front of our training facility is one of those sliding glass door things. How are you going to get hit on the butt by a sliding glass door? But that’s Sanchez for you. No matter how improbable it may seem, if there’s a way to have some sort of embarrassing ass-malfunction, Mark’s butt will always find a way.”

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What Bears fans are saying about Mark Sanchez

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...anchez-WTF?s=5a923d2e84470984f6b5aaed9f63c115

01ba932ebe5208c199c518927b9283bf.jpg

--------------
Let the crying and bitching commence....lol
-----------
I'm gonna go down a bottle of mad dog 20/20..
-----------

-----------
200_s.gif

------------
Kaepernick is better than all 3 of the Bears QBs lol
-----------
This is Chad Hutchison, Todd Collins, Kordell Stewart level shit.
----------
Ryan Pace is the master blaster of dumpster diving
---------
Co-workers daughter dated Sanchez when he was at USC. She went on to marry a relief pitcher from the California Angels. She said he has a small penis. Spit up my drink when I heard that.
----------
I JUST RIPPED MY DICK OFF!!! My wife is NOT happy!
----------
I have a copyright on "Ripping my dick off". Please send me $25
----------
I have never been onboard with this dick ripping off philosophy that many here espouse but if Sanchez starts a game this year for Chicago I might just have to rip mine off as well.
-----------
Gonna roll with a giraffe, a dirty sanchez, and a Fales. Best QB depth ever.
-----------
Jerry Angelo: "There's no way you can do worse at the QB position for this team than what I did."

Ryan Pace: "Hold my beer"
--------------
Two months ago if someone would have posted that Glennon and Sanchez would be our top 2 QB's, we let Alshon walk, and didn't make a single top tier FA signing, they would have been laughed off the board.

Yet here we are..........

The shit show just got shittier.
-----------
I'm done. Fuck this team.
-----------
1lzyn8.jpg

-----------
Sometimes I think you guys like being miserable. Or complaining. I can't tell which.
-----------
Bears fans want the Cutler bandaid ripped off. Pace rips off the bandaid. Bears fans cry because it hurts to get the bandaid ripped off. Bears fans need a cookie.
------------
Hey buttfumbling is not as easy as Sanchez makes it look. Glennon will need an experienced mentor if he is to elevate the Bears from sad footnote to national laughingstock.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/report-bears-finalizing-deal-with-mark-sanchez/

Report: Bears finalizing deal with Mark Sanchez
Posted by Michael Gehlken on March 23, 2017

630777788-e1490158174694.jpg
Getty Images

Whatever cure is required for the quarterback situation in Chicago, it seems, won’t be found at this late stage in free agency. The best hope for remedy on the current roster comes in the form of Mike Glennon, he of 11 passes the past two seasons combined.

Depth, though, is depth.

The Bears appear on the brink of adding some.

Veteran journeyman Mark Sanchez is on the cusp of signing with the Bears, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported. This will be the fifth NFL team for the ex-USC quarterback, who has bounced from the Jets to Eagles to Broncos to Cowboys and now Bears since 2014.

Sanchez, 30, completed 10 of 18 passes in his lone season with the Cowboys, notching 93 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions.

But it’s all relative.

Elsewhere on the Bears’ QB depth chart today, Glennon threw 11 passes in 2016, and Connor Shaw threw none. So 11 compared to Sanchez’ 18.
Anyone want to make any Bets Da Bears Pick a QB in the 2nd round of the Draft!!?