Mariota, Winston or Hundley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
He and his father have both said that he would like to stay another year. He hasnt had a great season plus all the off field stuff could lower his draft stock. If he stays, has a better season, and stays clean off field he will be the clear number one pick in 2016.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It might if it were just the INTs. Matt Ryan didn't have all the off the field stuff to go along with it. And this while entering an ever increasing sensitivity to that stuff in the league office.

Good. Let him fall.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wnoston year over year, A trend?
2013 257/384 4057 yards 40 Td and 10 Int
2014 255/392 3250 yards 21 Td and 17 Int

Couple more passes than last year with 800 less yards, half the TD's and almost double the INT

Athos

Legend
Certainly ugly.

Was it Winston? Or KB making him look good? Seeing how much crow I've eaten about how good KB is and what a TD machine he's seemingly been.......well, you get the drift.

As far as draftable talent lost in 2014, Winston lost:

Kelvin Benjamin: WR - 1st Round [ 1000 yards 15 TDs in 2013]
Devonta Freeman: RB - 4th Round [1000 yards 14 TDs in 2013]
Bryan Stork: C - 4th Round

For damn sure nowhere near the talent Mizzou had to replace on offense coming into this season. Though of note, FSU only has 25 TDs to date compared to 42 at the close of last season.

Talk about massive regression for that team and it all starts at QB. Kenny Shaw is the only missing pass-catcher besides KB.

Competition has been teh same. They only lost a C from the line from what I can tell.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Certainly ugly.

Was it Winston? Or KB making him look good? Seeing how much crow I've eaten about how good KB is and what a TD machine he's seemingly been.......well, you get the drift.

As far as draftable talent lost in 2014, Winston lost:

Kelvin Benjamin: WR - 1st Round [ 1000 yards 15 TDs in 2013]
Devonta Freeman: RB - 4th Round [1000 yards 14 TDs in 2013]
Bryan Stork: C - 4th Round

For damn sure nowhere near the talent Mizzou had to replace on offense coming into this season. Though of note, FSU only has 25 TDs to date compared to 42 at the close of last season.

Talk about massive regression for that team and it all starts at QB. Kenny Shaw is the only missing pass-catcher besides KB.

Competition has been teh same. They only lost a C from the line from what I can tell.

Was Kelvin Benjamin making him look good? C'mon.

The guy had Benjamin, Shaw(SR), and Rashad Greene last year. This year, he has Rashad Greene and a bunch of first year starters at WR. The WRs have been responsible for quite a few of his INTs. The guy is an anticipation thrower. Which means if the WR isn't where he's supposed to be, it can result in INTs. Jameis has made some bad decisions this year but his WRs have contributed to the high INT total. Plus, his OL regressed in a big way.

I watch the guy often and I would not hesitate to take him in the top 5 based on his on the field play. Numbers be damned.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Winston is certainly the most pro ready qb in the draft, he is the only guy I think that could start and lead a team to the playoffs his first year. That said I dont think the rams will get a shot at him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I keep hearing down here in the deep south near FSU......Jameis when he can come out is not bound for the NFL but MLB instead. You may want to revise the top QB lists

moklerman

Warner-phile
Wnoston year over year, A trend?
2013 257/384 4057 yards 40 Td and 10 Int
2014 255/392 3250 yards 21 Td and 17 Int

Couple more passes than last year with 800 less yards, half the TD's and almost double the INT
Which I think is more the point than his two year totals. It isn't that he has 27 interceptions, it's that his production as done a complete 180. Half the TD's and twice the interceptions from one year to the next is cause for concern.

Maybe it's circumstances but maybe he's being figured out.

Athos

Legend
I keep hearing down here in the deep south near FSU......Jameis when he can come out is not bound for the NFL but MLB instead. You may want to revise the top QB lists

With no salary caps in baseball, longer careers, and less body abuse, it makes sense if he can get drafted high/perform high as a pitcher.

The pitching contracts are ridiculous, even for your #3s these days.

FRO

Legend
With no salary caps in baseball, longer careers, and less body abuse, it makes sense if he can get drafted high/perform high as a pitcher.

The pitching contracts are ridiculous, even for your #3s these days.
Guaranteed contracts are sure nice too. That being said I heard he wasn't that good at baseball.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Winston will declare for the draft.
He has too.
Why else would his interview with the NCAA have been pushed until after the season. He never plans to have it. There is nothing good for him that could come out of it. Even if innocent.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was wondering about Mannion. What round wold you take him?

It's still early in the process and Mannion is a little tougher to predict because he played better last year. He has had some bad circumstances this year and while he looks more like a third or later round QB right now, once he is all weighed and measured and tested I think he will move up. I would hope he would last to round 2. But QBs are always drafted too high. Just look at Ponder, Locker and Gabbert. I didn't think that there was anyway possible that Gabbert would go in round1.

I really hope the Rams take someone with a brain that can learn and that they don't have to rush, but waiting to the second half of the draft doesn't often yield that type of player, so they probably have to trade up in round 1 to get a top guy or trade back in round1 to get a second tier guy. The big snag in all of that is EVERYONE knows when a team needs a QB and all of the Bradford talk isnt going to convince them otherwise. So, to avoid being jumped Snead will end up taking a guy higher than he really wants to, which could mean trading back in round1 and taking Mannion, who actually is a pro ready QB, thanks to a QB friendly coach in Riley.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am starting to lean toward Mannion if the Rams don't have a shot at any of the big 3

I want nothing to do with Mannion. He's just not a good QB.

It's still early in the process and Mannion is a little tougher to predict because he played better last year. He has had some bad circumstances this year and while he looks more like a third or later round QB right now, once he is all weighed and measured and tested I think he will move up. I would hope he would last to round 2. But QBs are always drafted too high. Just look at Ponder, Locker and Gabbert. I didn't think that there was anyway possible that Gabbert would go in round1.

I really hope the Rams take someone with a brain that can learn and that they don't have to rush, but waiting to the second half of the draft doesn't often yield that type of player, so they probably have to trade up in round 1 to get a top guy or trade back in round1 to get a second tier guy. The big snag in all of that is EVERYONE knows when a team needs a QB and all of the Bradford talk isnt going to convince them otherwise. So, to avoid being jumped Snead will end up taking a guy higher than he really wants to, which could mean trading back in round1 and taking Mannion, who actually is a pro ready QB, thanks to a QB friendly coach in Riley.

If Mannion goes in Round 4, he's doing well for himself. There's no way that guy should be a second day pick...much less a first rounder.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I want nothing to do with Mannion. He's just not a good QB.

If Mannion goes in Round 4, he's doing well for himself. There's no way that guy should be a second day pick...much less a first rounder.

And there is no way Blaine Gabbert should have been a first day pick, much less a first rounder. But without the QB it is nearly impossible to win a Superbowl in the present state of the NFL. So teams overdraft QBs every year. The ones that don't get a supposed gem fight for the scraps.

I think Mannion will grade out better than you think Jrry

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there is no way Blaine Gabbert should have been a first day pick, much less a first rounder. But without the QB it is nearly impossible to win a Superbowl in the present state of the NFL. So teams overdraft QBs every year. The ones that don't get a supposed gem fight for the scraps.

I think Mannion will grade out better than you think Jrry

Well, I don't want the Rams drafting Blaine Gabbert.

I don't think Mannion will. He has issues in certain areas that NFL teams highly value. A lot of people tried to make the same argument for Landry Jones in the past...and it didn't happen.

If there are any QBs that will get overdrafted, imo, they are Brett Hundley and Bryce Petty. And I'm not sold Petty will get overdrafted due to the system he's in and his injury history.

I don't want Mannion on this team. The only thing besides experience and the offensive system that Mannion has going for him is size.

I don't get what people see in him. Average arm strength, unimpressive accuracy, awkward mover, slow and ugly release/throwing motion, poor lower body mechanics, doesn't handle pressure well, and a lack of functional mobility (slow feet). He's also a ball patter.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Well, I don't want the Rams drafting Blaine Gabbert.

I don't think Mannion will. He has issues in certain areas that NFL teams highly value. A lot of people tried to make the same argument for Landry Jones in the past...and it didn't happen.

If there are any QBs that will get overdrafted, imo, they are Brett Hundley and Bryce Petty. And I'm not sold Petty will get overdrafted due to the system he's in and his injury history.

I don't want Mannion on this team. The only thing besides experience and the offensive system that Mannion has going for him is size.

I don't get what people see in him. Average arm strength, unimpressive accuracy, awkward mover, slow and ugly release/throwing motion, poor lower body mechanics, doesn't handle pressure well, and a lack of functional mobility (slow feet). He's also a ball patter.

jrry32 - Since Marriota & Winston won't be available when the Rams pick (Unless the Rams trade up or Winston gets in more trouble which hopefully won't happen) which QB would you target and what round would you select him? Doesn't seem to be a very good year for QB's but maybe there are some sleepers out there?