Marcus Peters on new teammate Eric Weddle: 'He thinks like Wade'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_12780788.jpg

By: Steve Rebeiro | 9 hours ago

The Rams have only had about a week’s worth of practices in camp, but cornerback Marcus Peters has nothing but praise for his new teammate Eric Weddle. Peters didn’t hesitate to talk highly of Weddle when asked whether or not it’s been easy to adjust with a new safety in the secondary.

“I mean, it’s just overall for the whole defense, not even myself,” said Peters. “When you got somebody that’s coming in and he’s thinking like Wade (Phillips). He knows everything from the from the front to the back end and he’s that vocal. He’s telling everybody where to get lined up. It’s going to help you get more in tune and for you to start communicating a lot more and doing all those things.”

It seems like Weddle, a 12-year NFL veteran who spent the last three seasons making Pro Bowls in Baltimore, has fit in seamlessly in Wade Phillips’s defense. He replaces long-time Ram-turned-Raider Lamarcus Joyner, who the Rams faced off with in their joint practice with Oakland.

“Once we are all communicating and all on the same page, we just play fast, man,” Peters added. “The biggest thing for us, he’s just helping us all play fast, getting lined up, get our feet ready in the ground, and just go play football.”

Peters wasn’t the only Ram to sing the veteran’s praises. With Weddle back there, when it comes to football, that guy knows ball – he’s a genius,” added Aaron Donald, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year. “He’s making all of the right calls, doing all the right things. He will come up and hit you, too.”

With Donald and Peters giving their full support, it’s hard to expect Weddle to miss a beat when he steps on the field for his new team. Don’t expect to see much of the veteran safety this preseason. Weddle will be good and ready for opening day in Carolina without a tune-up game.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...new-teammate-eric-weddle-he-thinks-like-wade/

fearsomefour

Legend
These were captured as Peters was found in a Thousand Oaks Albertsons parking lot covering a shopping cart rack.
I hope he gets it this year.
I hope when he talks about having someone tells guys where to line up it is for the new guys and not Peters.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Given all the circumstances and hearing the on-going talk, I continue to think that weddle and clay will have 2 outstanding years here

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I was so happy we replaced Joyner I felt he was our weakest link on defense last year. Glad we got Weddle I just hope he hasn't lost a step.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Gonna be hard to fool the Rams D consistently with Wade and Weddle managing the calls together. What Weddle can teach Johnson, Rapp and Christian will be priceless.