Marcus Peters in Mid Season Form

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Just saying by PFF Peters did better than Gilmore, the highest CB rated in coverage after week 7.

Gilmore finished 1 in coverage, Peters 2 and Jalen 10...

BTW don;t get me wrong Jalen is the man and if we don't have him signed on the field,I;ll be pis@#$d..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just saying by PFF Peters did better than Gilmore, the highest CB rated in coverage after week 7.

Gilmore finished 1 in coverage, Peters 2 and Jalen 10...

BTW don;t get me wrong Jalen is the man and if we don't have him signed on the field,I;ll be pis@#$d..

what was he between weeks 1 and 7? the lowest rated cb in coverage?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
what was he between weeks 1 and 7? the lowest rated cb in coverage?

I wish I knew how to post a link etc etc but I doubt at finishing at 2 in coverage for a whole season he was ever down far...

I never did really care for Peters but PFF said he was outstanding in coverage in 19...

I really did like your post, thought it was funny as Hell lol.

dang

Legend
I loved it when the Rams traded for Peters. I was still extremely excited for the pickup even after hearing from Chiefs fans that he was a pain in the ass Me First player who got burned as much as he made great plays. But after watching his pathetic tackling and blown coverages for a year and a half there was no way I wanted the Rams to invest top CB $$$$ for him. While the Ravens looked like they got the better end of the trade they still had to pay Peters. I applauded the Rams for cutting their losses and realizing Peters wasn’t the #1 CB they needed long term. Ramsey is a different cat and while he will likely become an $18m/year CB he is a cornerstone player that is worth the investment.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fuck Marcus Peters. I hope he gets burnt like Elvis "Toast" Patterson this year.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I can picture Peters turning and yelling at whatever safety immediately after both plays

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still remember MP going up to the fan in the stands, who was talking sh*t and asking where he was from as the fan crapped his pants! MP was no one to heckle. I have a personal story. I went to greet the Rams at Cal Lutheran at about 1 AM when they got back home to California, doing the impossible, beating the fricken Saints IN THEIR HOUSE, (still one of my favorite games in Rams history). Anyway, I was first in line jumping and screaming like a little kid when the players got in their own cars and were leaving the facility. They had to drive past the crowd as they left. A car drives towards me, very slow, then it stops for a second, the drivers window rolls down, and Marcus grabs my hand! I'm freaking out big time now. Can you imagine the emotions running through me? My team, I live and die for, are getting a heros welcome home, they are going to the Superbowl, and Marcus Peters is like YEA!!!!It was a moment I will cherish forever.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
We seems like I recall MP does a lot for his hometown community.
Nice like folks that give back

Peter's is gone don't know why there's still posting about him.

Imho we should've got more for him. Imho

If we don't resign Jalen me thinks I'll go crazy lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care what PFF says about Peters. I know what my eyes told me. He needed to go. Now that he's no longer a Ram, I don't care if he succeeds or fails. What I can say is that I'm glad we weren't forced into deciding whether to pay him or not. He's a selfish player and consistently hurt the team by putting himself over the rest of the defense. Good riddance.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't care what PFF says about Peters. I know what my eyes told me. He needed to go. Now that he's no longer a Ram, I don't care if he succeeds or fails. What I can say is that I'm glad we weren't forced into deciding whether to pay him or not. He's a selfish player and consistently hurt the team by putting himself over the rest of the defense. Good riddance.

That's how I feel to. I don't understand how his play could have improved that much in Baltimore. Maybe after being traded from the Rams he realized he'd been taking things for granted, by coasting by and lost his dream job, playing at home. Getting traded for peanuts had to be an eye opener too. Maybe the Ravens defensive leadership was stronger and more assertive with him? The ability was always there with Marcus. He just lacked the discipline.

Tano

Legend
That's how I feel to. I don't understand how his play could have improved that much in Baltimore. Maybe after being traded from the Rams he realized he'd been taking things for granted, by coasting by and lost his dream job, playing at home. Getting traded for peanuts had to be an eye opener too. Maybe the Ravens defensive leadership was stronger and more assertive with him? The ability was always there with Marcus. He just lacked the discipline.
He had Earl Thomas backing him up.

Peters could take all the chances he wanted because he knew Thomas would cover his ass if he got burnt.

I may not like Thomas because he played for the shitcocks but he is still an awesome safety.

Baltimore is going to regret dropping Thomas because there is no one backing up Peters now.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Peter's In the playoffs is pretty good. He's usually the type of player to heat up towards the end of the season. Look how he played in the Superbowl

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I still remember MP going up to the fan in the stands, who was talking sh*t and asking where he was from as the fan crapped his pants! MP was no one to heckle. I have a personal story. I went to greet the Rams at Cal Lutheran at about 1 AM when they got back home to California, doing the impossible, beating the fricken Saints IN THEIR HOUSE, (still one of my favorite games in Rams history). Anyway, I was first in line jumping and screaming like a little kid when the players got in their own cars and were leaving the facility. They had to drive past the crowd as they left. A car drives towards me, very slow, then it stops for a second, the drivers window rolls down, and Marcus grabs my hand! I'm freaking out big time now. Can you imagine the emotions running through me? My team, I live and die for, are getting a heros welcome home, they are going to the Superbowl, and Marcus Peters is like YEA!!!!It was a moment I will cherish forever.
That was a cool experience for sure.
But Peters is a punk. That was a pure thug move going up to the fan and asking where he was from. Like the gang members who want to fight based on your area code. Who care where you are from ? The man paid his money, he can heckle is he wants to.
BTW, one time at a Rams Raiders game we were down on the rail watching them warm up. Chester McGlockton was down there and he has one of those bald heads that look like a pack of hot dogs in the back.
I said to him "hey lizard neck" . Got his attention and the meanest drop dead stare you ever saw.
Heckling is a art. Sticks and stones man.