March Madness Mock 2024 AD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
After all the recent signings, my thoughts have drastically changed for this mock.
Here’s how I’m looking at it:
1) with the exception of TE and LT, the starting offense is set. For the Rams to get a starter at TE or LT, either someone falls or the Rams move up. I’m not holding out hoping the Rams move up for either.
2) With the signing of DW, the #1 CB might still be in play, but it’s not imperative. They could use some size back there, which I will address, but not necessarily a premier guy. I still think Witherspoon is in play to come back. He knows the system, so there’s no rush, and the longer he goes unsigned, the cheaper he gets.
3) Even before AD retired, the Rams front 7 looked thin. Now that he IS gone, and the Rams did not sign anybody, the front 7 became my point of emphasis.

Here we go. I’m gonna start by disappointing everybody by drafting a guy a little too early, but he won’t be there at #52. So going by the Travis Frederick rule”…
#19 Darius Robinson, DE/DT (Mizz) 6-5/296
The Rams drafted AD’s replacement at DT last year—The Conductor. Robinson is tough vs the run but can get heat on the QB. His stats last season:43 tkls 8.5 sacks. He brings versatility to the DL.

#52 Chris Braswell, Edge (bama) 6-3/255
The Rams get a promising athletic Edge who began his transformation last season by showing significant improvement over 2022.

#83 Ja’Lynn Polk, WR (wash) 6-2/204
Not as hyped as the receivers slated to go ahead of him, but he has size, solid production and big time numbers to bring to the table: 73/1191/10. Those numbers are better than most of the players ranked above him…and he did it while playing opposite Odunze.

#98 comp Nathaniel Watson, ILB (miss st) 6-2/244
“Tackling machine.” Aren’t those great words to hear about a LB? He had 137 of them last year to go with his 10 sacks, a pick, and 2 pass breakups. A good senior bowl week might have put this guy on the Rams’ radar.

#153 Ray Davis, RB (ken)
We all know this guy. He’s popular on our mocks. Why not? Tough, high effort, very talented kid—plus, he just seems like the kinda player you want to root for. He would fit into the Rams culture as well as the backfield. I know he was getting mocked/projected to the 6th round, but I don’t think he’ll last that long after his combine performance.

#154 (pitt) Javon Baker, WR (ucf) 6-1/208
52/1139/7 and an impressive 22 ypc! A possible HR target on the outside? Definitely worth a look.

#195 Kamal Hadden, CB (ten) 6-1/196
Totals from last 2 seasons: 70tkls/5 picks/10 breakups. That’s some good production and some needed size to add to the secondary. Depth/ST going into camp.

#209 comp Jarrod Wiley, TE (tcu) 6-7/ 253
Great size and a promising player. The Rams need depth at TE and a spot is open at least until Higbee gets back.

#213 comp Marcus Harris, NT (aub) 6-3/295
An Auburn alum who might be a tad undersized, but an NFL program can help that. The Rams need some depth in the middle of that DL so Turner can stay at DT. BB3 was a hair under 300lbs last year IIRC, so it would be wise to have a player who can spell him.
His totals last season: 40tkls/7sacks/2FF. Those aren’t bad numbers for a “smallish” NT playing in the SEC.

#217 comp Elijah Jones, CB (b.c.) 6-1/185
Again, size and depth for the secondary. Jones has some speed and was very productive last season.

254 (comp) Josh Dalmas, K (boise st) 5-8/161
2023: 89% FG/longest 56/6 of 6 on the $$ kicks: 40-49 yds. He has been consistent in that range throughout his collegiate career and his longest kicks have been getting further out. The Rams should give this guy a look.

UDFAs:
• Caeden Wallace, OT (penn st) 6-4/314
Started 4 years at RT. Bring him into camp and see if he can develop into a decent backup or even a replacement for Havs.
• Drake Nugent, C (mich) 6-1/295
Slightly undersized, but he comes from a national championship program which had a powerful running game.
• Patrick McMorris, Safety (cal) 6-0/207
Good size, good tackler. Has experience at both CB and S. Could at least be a solid STs guy.
* Harrison Mevis, K (mizz) yes, another kicker to bring into camp. Big leg, but needs to clean up his accuracy.

I’m looking at a front 7 that features:
Robinson, DE
BB3, NT
Turner, DT
Jones, MLB
Watson, ILB
Young, OLB
Braswell, Edge

With Harris and Hoecht in reserve.
I think that’s a pretty damn good looking front 7.

Thoughts?

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
After all the recent signings, my thoughts have drastically changed for this mock.
Here’s how I’m looking at it:
1) with the exception of TE and LT, the starting offense is set. For the Rams to get a starter at TE or LT, either someone falls or the Rams move up. I’m not holding out hoping the Rams move up for either.
2) With the signing of DW, the #1 CB might still be in play, but it’s not imperative. They could use some size back there, which I will address, but not necessarily a premier guy. I still think Witherspoon is in play to come back. He knows the system, so there’s no rush, and the longer he goes unsigned, the cheaper he gets.
3) Even before AD retired, the Rams front 7 looked thin. Now that he IS gone, and the Rams did not sign anybody, the front 7 became my point of emphasis.

Here we go. I’m gonna start by disappointing everybody by drafting a guy a little too early, but he won’t be there at #52. So going by the Travis Frederick rule”…
#19 Darius Robinson, DE/DT (Mizz) 6-5/296
The Rams drafted AD’s replacement at DT last year—The Conductor. Robinson is tough vs the run but can get heat on the QB. His stats last season:43 tkls 8.5 sacks. He brings versatility to the DL.

#52 Chris Braswell, Edge (bama) 6-3/255
The Rams get a promising athletic Edge who began his transformation last season by showing significant improvement over 2022.

#83 Ja’Lynn Polk, WR (wash) 6-2/204
Not as hyped as the receivers slated to go ahead of him, but he has size, solid production and big time numbers to bring to the table: 73/1191/10. Those numbers are better than most of the players ranked above him…and he did it while playing opposite Odunze.

#98 comp Nathaniel Watson, ILB (miss st) 6-2/244
“Tackling machine.” Aren’t those great words to hear about a LB? He had 137 of them last year to go with his 10 sacks, a pick, and 2 pass breakups. A good senior bowl week might have put this guy on the Rams’ radar.

#153 Ray Davis, RB (ken)
We all know this guy. He’s popular on our mocks. Why not? Tough, high effort, very talented kid—plus, he just seems like the kinda player you want to root for. He would fit into the Rams culture as well as the backfield. I know he was getting mocked/projected to the 6th round, but I don’t think he’ll last that long after his combine performance.

#154 (pitt) Javon Baker, WR (ucf) 6-1/208
52/1139/7 and an impressive 22 ypc! A possible HR target on the outside? Definitely worth a look.

#195 Kamal Hadden, CB (ten) 6-1/196
Totals from last 2 seasons: 70tkls/5 picks/10 breakups. That’s some good production and some needed size to add to the secondary. Depth/ST going into camp.

#209 comp Jarrod Wiley, TE (tcu) 6-7/ 253
Great size and a promising player. The Rams need depth at TE and a spot is open at least until Higbee gets back.

#213 comp Marcus Harris, NT (aub) 6-3/295
An Auburn alum who might be a tad undersized, but an NFL program can help that. The Rams need some depth in the middle of that DL so Turner can stay at DT. BB3 was a hair under 300lbs last year IIRC, so it would be wise to have a player who can spell him.
His totals last season: 40tkls/7sacks/2FF. Those aren’t bad numbers for a “smallish” NT playing in the SEC.

#217 comp Elijah Jones, CB (b.c.) 6-1/185
Again, size and depth for the secondary. Jones has some speed and was very productive last season.

254 (comp) Josh Dalmas, K (boise st) 5-8/161
2023: 89% FG/longest 56/6 of 6 on the $$ kicks: 40-49 yds. He has been consistent in that range throughout his collegiate career and his longest kicks have been getting further out. The Rams should give this guy a look.

UDFAs:
• Caeden Wallace, OT (penn st) 6-4/314
Started 4 years at RT. Bring him into camp and see if he can develop into a decent backup or even a replacement for Havs.
• Drake Nugent, C (mich) 6-1/295
Slightly undersized, but he comes from a national championship program which had a powerful running game.
• Patrick McMorris, Safety (cal) 6-0/207
Good size, good tackler. Has experience at both CB and S. Could at least be a solid STs guy.
* Harrison Mevis, K (mizz) yes, another kicker to bring into camp. Big leg, but needs to clean up his accuracy.

I’m looking at a front 7 that features:
Robinson, DE
BB3, NT
Turner, DT
Jones, MLB
Watson, ILB
Young, OLB
Braswell, Edge

With Harris and Hoecht in reserve.
I think that’s a pretty damn good looking front 7.

Thoughts?
Love it. While you might be able to get DRob with a trade down, I'm not gonna quibble.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Have to admit, I like every pick but the first one.

Robinson just looks like an old school LDE on an even front to me.

I don't remember what it was, but from what I recall Watson may have some off the field stuff that the Rams would have to consider.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love it. While you might be able to get DRob with a trade down, I'm not gonna quibble.
Yeah, I don’t doubt that, but if the Rams were to trade back and get more picks…I don’t think I’d ever get this thing done!
lol.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to admit, I like every pick but the first one.

Robinson just looks like an old school LDE on an even front to me.

I don't remember what it was, but from what I recall Watson may have some off the field stuff that the Rams would have to consider.
I see a Michael Brockers type guy in Robinson who would be able to punish the OL from a down position. Not sure how much the scheme is going to be tweaked this year, but I remember the Rams occasionally moving Young inside with his hand in the dirt. Robinson could take that role as needed, allowing Young to stay outside—where he was better suited. There would still be two pass rushing threats on the one side.

As for Watson, I have to say that my first choice for that position would actually be Payton Wilson, Should a guy like Verse become a real target and the Rams nail down an Edge in the 1rst round, then Wilson is in play, but it didn’t work out this way in this mock.
Nonetheless, filling that position is imperative, IMO, and Watson having shown well at the senior bowl practices just might be somebody the Rams would be interested in. He’s a heckuva player, I’m just not aware of any off field stuff. That could be the monkey in the wrench.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I see a Michael Brockers type guy in Robinson who would be able to punish the OL from a down position. Not sure how much the scheme is going to be tweaked this year, but I remember the Rams occasionally moving Young inside with his hand in the dirt. Robinson could take that role as needed, allowing Young to stay outside—where he was better suited. There would still be two pass rushing threats on the one side.

As for Watson, I have to say that my first choice for that position would actually be Payton Wilson, Should a guy like Verse become a real target and the Rams nail down an Edge in the 1rst round, then Wilson is in play, but it didn’t work out this way in this mock.
Nonetheless, filling that position is imperative, IMO, and Watson having shown well at the senior bowl practices just might be somebody the Rams would be interested in. He’s a heckuva player, I’m just not aware of any off field stuff. That could be the monkey in the wrench.
A Michael Brockers type as far as use, I understand. But as far a production it makes me dislike the selection even more. I used to fight for him back in the day when others posted how the Rams should have drafted Fletcher Cox instead. Ooops.

I heard about Watson in a podcast awhile back, but all I could find online was a suspicion of DUI arrest upon a quick search.