Manziel playing now on nfl network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pierre Desir having a rough game too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFLN Announcer (Manziel Homer): "The ball hit him right in the kneecap, that's where you want to put that ball."

WHAT?!?!?!?! It's catchable but the ball at knee level is not where a crossing route should be.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
NFLN Announcer (Manziel Homer): "The ball hit him right in the kneecap, that's where you want to put that ball."

WHAT?!?!?!?! It's catchable but the ball at knee level is not where a crossing route should be.
Low and behind is the toughest catch to make...bar none...right jrry32?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Low and behind is the toughest catch to make...bar none...right jrry32?

It can be. I was better at catching the low and behind ones than the high and behind ones because I couldn't really pull off the one-handed catches as well as I could make a sliding catch.

But yea, I'd say that's true for the majority of football players (low and behind being the toughest). The ball wasn't behind him so much, though. It was just low and the WR didn't seem to know he was getting the ball so he didn't react. It was catchable. It just wasn't put where it should be like the announcers claimed. And they claimed it after watching the replay which was the craziest part. :LOL:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It can be. I was better at catching the low and behind ones than the high and behind ones because I couldn't really pull off the one-handed catches as well as I could make a sliding catch.

But yea, I'd say that's true for the majority of football players (low and behind being the toughest). The ball wasn't behind him so much, though. It was just low and the WR didn't seem to know he was getting the ball so he didn't react. It was catchable. It just wasn't put where it should be like the announcers claimed. And they claimed it after watching the replay which was the craziest part. :LOL:
Running and bending is NOT natural, at all, especially if you have to slow down or stop. Jumping...no prob.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Running and bending is NOT natural, at all, especially if you have to slow down or stop. Jumping...no prob.

Nope, not at all natural. Very hard to do.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nope, not at all natural. Very hard to do.
Announcers always seem to praise a jumping catch, but rarely praise a low, and behind catch. Anything behind is tougher. Laying out, or jumping, is pure instinct.

FRO

Legend
Johnny still showed a lot that concerned me in college. He is very much a one read and run QB. While exciting at times, that won't work in the league. Also when that pocket gets shaky he almost panics. Not Blaine Gabbert bad, but bad none the less. The guy does have some skills, it's just unfortunate that he will be thrust into the starting role way before he is ready.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He looked like a rookie last night.

The good: quick release, strong ball, showed some accuracy, guy can run

The bad; quick to scramble, pocket presence wasn't very good, put his body in harms way

It's been announced he'll start the next preseason game, so we get a chance to see him with the starters.

FRO

Legend
He looked like a rookie last night.

The good: quick release, strong ball, showed some accuracy, guy can run

The bad; quick to scramble, pocket presence wasn't very good, put his body in harms way

It's been announced he'll start the next preseason game, so we get a chance to see him with the starters.
I think he will start week 1.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think he will start week 1.

I thought Hoyer played better last night. But I think you are right; the hype machine will anoint him starter.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
I'm in the minority. I thought Johnny had an OK debut. Most of his passes were on target, and he threw good out of the pocket for a QB with a scrambled reputation.