Manziel or Davis? Had we taken Manziel, he'd likely be starter now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
JFF was a great college QB, but so far it hasn't translated into even a decent pro game. Little guys running around will get killed sooner than later, see RGIII.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow...Manziel can't learn a playbook, and a serious reason why Austin Davis was resigned by the Rams was because he knew Schotty's system......That's BEFORE revealing how well he plays in real games.....The OP is dreaming..Manziel would not be starting for Jeff Fisher

jjab360

Legend
Wow...Manziel can't learn a playbook, and a serious reason why Austin Davis was resigned by the Rams was because he knew Schotty's system......That's BEFORE revealing how well he plays in real games.....The OP is dreaming..Manziel would not be starting for Jeff Fisher
If we drafted Manziel in the first round he probably would've been starting after Bradford went down. That's what you drafted him for. And we'd probably be 1-5 or 0-6 right now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we drafted Manziel in the first round he probably would've been starting after Bradford went down. That's what you drafted him for. And we'd probably be 1-5 or 0-6 right now.
That "if" wasn't very possible. Fisher/Snead were never really that interested in Johnny Manziel, because they were all in, with Sam Bradford. Drafting Manziel in the 1st round would have been saying the Bradford era is over...this may be true now, but it wasn't true then....Even if they had made the choice to move on from Sam before the Draft, for the sake of argument, they would have been quickly disappointed with Manziels inability to learn the playbook...aint no way he would have started before Shaun Hill after Sam went down..Jmo.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'd take Davis over Manziel. I'm so fucking glad Jerry didn't draft him.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If they had been interested in a QB they would have taken Bortles or Bridgewater. JFF is a joke sitting behind a mediocre QB in Cleveland. And if he starts working real hard at football (doubtful!) he might be as good as Davis in a few years.