Manziel indicted on misdemeanor assault charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 of the top 5 threads in "Rams" section have nothing to do with the Rams.

I hate the freaking offseason.

actually it's a nfl section. the rams do play in the nfl and people do like talking about what's happening in the nfl.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
actually it's a nfl section. the rams do play in the nfl and people do like talking about what's happening in the nfl.

It's all good. I was just pointing out how little rams news there is to discuss. And yeah... it's Rams/NFL. ..

People can and will like all kinds of things. I like Rams news in the RAMS /nfl forum, personally.. but the offseason blows and there isn't enough.
Thanks for explaining how the Rams play in the NFL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's all good. I was just pointing out how little rams news there is to discuss. And yeah... it's Rams/NFL. ..

People can and will like all kinds of things. I like Rams news in the RAMS /nfl forum, personally.. but the offseason blows and there isn't enough.
Thanks for explaining how the Rams play in the NFL.

you're welcome.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Let's all cool down guys. The offseason is the worst part of the year and makes us all anxious. We still have over a month to go before the real shit happens.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...damaged-in-a-reported-a-hit-and-run-accident/

Johnny Manziel’s car damaged in a reported a hit-and-run accident
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 22, 2016

502626212-e1454436608224.jpg
Getty Images

Former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel’s last few months have been a wreck, and now he has a car to match.

According to the Associated Press, Manziel reported a hit-and-run incident earlier this week, with police saying multiple witnesses said someone hit his vehicle. The car was damaged on the driver’s side.

Manziel’s publicist, Denise Michaels, said he told her he hit his head but wasn’t injured.

TMZ has photos of his damaged Nissan sports car (parked in a handicapped spot), which show significant damage to the driver’s side, and the airbag deployed.

It’s the same car he was driving when he allegedly assaulted his former girlfriend. He has a hearing in that case Friday, but isn’t schedule to appear.

It’s not the first car wreck he’s been involved in this offseason, though his April crash in Las Vegas was in a different car.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...damaged-in-a-reported-a-hit-and-run-accident/

Johnny Manziel’s car damaged in a reported a hit-and-run accident
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 22, 2016

502626212-e1454436608224.jpg
Getty Images

Former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel’s last few months have been a wreck, and now he has a car to match.

According to the Associated Press, Manziel reported a hit-and-run incident earlier this week, with police saying multiple witnesses said someone hit his vehicle. The car was damaged on the driver’s side.

Manziel’s publicist, Denise Michaels, said he told her he hit his head but wasn’t injured.

TMZ has photos of his damaged Nissan sports car (parked in a handicapped spot), which show significant damage to the driver’s side, and the airbag deployed.

It’s the same car he was driving when he allegedly assaulted his former girlfriend. He has a hearing in that case Friday, but isn’t schedule to appear.

It’s not the first car wreck he’s been involved in this offseason, though his April crash in Las Vegas was in a different car.

Entitled prick parked in a handicap spot.

Though I have to admit this seems off to me. Nobody could park close enough to sideswipe his car like that, a fender bender doesn't deploy an airbag. This smells suspicious and I'd like to see security footage because I'd bet money he hit something somewhere else then parked the car at his apartment, then claimed the damage was done while parked.

That picture doesn't add up..........

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The story says he was in the car when he was hit - it sounds like he was driving, somebody hit him and the airbag deployed. Then he parked in the handicapped, which I can't blame him for taking the first available spot when he's just been hit and is at least shook up. That's what you should do in that circumstance - call the cops, wait. You should never drive just after an accident if you can help it.

I can't believe this - I'm defending Manziel on something.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The story says he was in the car when he was hit - it sounds like he was driving, somebody hit him and the airbag deployed. Then he parked in the handicapped, which I can't blame him for taking the first available spot when he's just been hit and is at least shook up. That's what you should do in that circumstance - call the cops, wait. You should never drive just after an accident if you can help it.

I can't believe this - I'm defending Manziel on something.

There is no record of him or anyone else being in an accident with that car. If someone else hit him why would he leave after an airbag deployed and why didn't the other person call the police?

This seems like he hit something then took off.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no record of him or anyone else being in an accident with that car. If someone else hit him why would he leave after an airbag deployed and why didn't the other person call the police?

This seems like he hit something then took off.

Actually, there were witnesses that his car was hit - including an impartial witness who saw it. And the police were called, according to a link in the story posted here. http://bigstory.ap.org/495e22a5d8454c228a824953f1feb743

If you're in an accident like that, pulling over and parking wherever it's safe is actually recommended - making a big deal about it being a handicapped spot like the story posted is ridiculous.

Now, since I don't want to defend Manziel too much, even if he was right and the victim in this one situation
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Johnny Manziel's Lawyer Mistakenly Texts Details About QB's Plea Deal, Sobriety

Johnny Manziel's attorney, Bob Hinton, is reportedly seeking a plea deal in the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner's domestic violence case.

Hinton's plan of action came to light when the Associated Press contacted him via text message Wednesday while searching for a response to a hit-and-run incident involving the embattled quarterback.

On Friday, the AP's Schuyler Dixon reported Hinton accidentally replied, "Heaven help us if one of the conditions is to pee in a bottle."

"When asked about the text, Hinton said he had meant to send it to another attorney on the case and was unaware the AP had received it instead," Dixon wrote. "He insisted the contents were protected by attorney-client privilege and threatened to sue if certain details were published."

"He's a druggie," Manziel's father, Paul, told Josina Anderson of ESPN following the report, per Adam Schefter of ESPN. "It's not a secret that he's a druggie. I don't know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn't seeked it yet. Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses. That's about all you can say. I don't know what else to say. I hate to say it but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him. So we'll see."

In April, Manziel was indicted by a Dallas County grand jury on a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from his alleged assault of ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley. According to the Dallas Morning News' Jennifer Emily, Manziel "is accused of kidnapping, hitting and threatening to kill" Crowley.

If convicted, Manziel would face penalties of up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000, per Emily.

The 23-year-old has run into trouble repeatedly since the Cleveland Browns waived him in March.

Beyond the assault charge, Manziel is being sued for "more than $40,000" after he allegedly hosted parties in which attendees damaged the home he rented in Los Angeles, according to TMZ.

Nicholas Goodwin, who runs the rental agency LA Exotic Life, told Page Six's Emily Smith that he entered the property and found it in unsuitable condition.

"They were supposed to check out at noon," Goodwin said. "Manziel was passed out. ... There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere...broken glasses over the floor and a Champagne glass in a tree."

On Friday, Dixon reported Hinton's accidental text mentioned "he was given a receipt that shows Manziel may have spent more than $1,000 at a drug paraphernalia store just 15 hours after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash."

However, Hinton noted it's unclear if the receipt is authentic.

So two confirmations in that article about his drug use. And despite his money, he has managed to hire an attorney as stupid as he is - seriously, texting such confidential info and not being certain about who he is texting to? And then threatening to sue to cover up his own mistake? And badmouthing his client to another attorney in a trackable way? Heh.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Probably the best thing that has happened to the Cowboys in 20 years now is Stephen Jones NOT letting his dumbass father draft that trainwreck. Instead, we got an all-pro guard. Thank you, Stephen.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Probably the best thing that has happened to the Cowboys in 20 years now is Stephen Jones NOT letting his dumbass father draft that trainwreck. Instead, we got an all-pro guard. Thank you, Stephen.
:huh: Yeah. Thanks a lot Steven. This circus would have been so much more fun if Johnny clipboard was a Cowpuke.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fuck you, stephen. if he had let his business savvy but football dunce father get his man the rams were ready to pounce on said lineman.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-treatment-to-drop-domestic-violence-charges/

Manziel agrees to anger management, substance abuse treatment to drop domestic violence charges
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 2, 2016

johnny-manziel-091315-usnews-getty-ftr_6s0twjczw18d1v8w4z0o5mmpn-e1459708125424.jpg
Getty Images

Former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel got domestic violence charges dropped in an agreement with prosecutors that requires him to go into anger management counseling and get substance abuse treatment.

Manziel is already in the NFL’s substance abuse program and will need to either continue working through the league’s program or enter another rehabilitation program. He will also need to attend a panel in which domestic violence victims discuss how it impacted them, WFAA reports.

The NFL could suspend Manziel even though he’s not currently under contract with a team, if the league’s own investigation finds that he violated the league’s policies on domestic violence. He has also been suspended four games for substance abuse.

Whether any NFL suspensions ever matter remains to be seen, as Manziel would still have to convince some team to take a chance on signing him. Given that he didn’t play particularly well with the Browns and frequently finds himself in off-field trouble, there’s a good chance that no team will ever give him that chance. Manziel’s career might be over, but at the moment he should be focusing not on football but on getting his life in order.