Manziel indicted on misdemeanor assault charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sued-for-40000-in-damage-to-l-a-rental-house/

Manziel sued for $40,000 in damage to L.A. rental house
Posted by Mike Florio on June 4, 2016

1223257887_1-1-e1465062808282.jpg

The offseason misadventures of unemployed quarterback Johnny Manziel have included an extended stay in L.A. The visit included a two-night rental of a house that has culminated in a lawsuit for the damages done to the place.

The story first surfaced in April, when real estate broker Nicholas Goodwin went public with the story of Manziel renting, and trashing, a $4.5 million home. Goodwin also accused Manziel of leaving drugs like cocaine on the premises.

Now, TMZ reports that Goodwin has sued Manziel for $40,000. Goodwin claims that he was first contacted about the rental by a man who called himself “Travis,” and that when “Travis” showed up at the home, Goodwin immediately knew it was Manziel.

And so it appears there’s now officially a third stooge, to go along with Johnny and Billy.

HAZMAT-WORKERS.jpg

www.hazmat-cleanup.com

Goodwin alleges that a “hazardous material clean up” was needed to dispose of the drugs Manziel and his guests left behind. The lawsuit also seeks payment of a $10,000 party penalty for having more than 15 people in the 5,000-square-foot house.

…..

Legend
"Hazardous Materials Cleanup" (with generic accompanying photo) always sounds so damning to a judge and jury lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And so it appears there’s now officially a third stooge, to go along with Johnny and Billy.

Florio is mostly worthless but this here was funny.

Johnny Tricycle is dumb, he should have handled this quietly and he could have kept it out of the media by covering the costs. And even if it did get out he could say he wasn't the one who did it it was reckless friends that he is going to stop hanging around.

He's so clueless he can't even come up with basic spin.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Florio is mostly worthless but this here was funny.

Johnny Tricycle is dumb, he should have handled this quietly and he could have kept it out of the media by covering the costs. And even if it did get out he could say he wasn't the one who did it it was reckless friends that he is going to stop hanging around.

He's so clueless he can't even come up with basic spin.

Pretty sure he's used up all his spin options, Les...He's figuratively and probably soon in reality, bankrupt !!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pretty sure he's used up all his spin options, Les...He's figuratively and probably soon in reality, bankrupt !!!

His family has plenty of money. His father bought him a Mercedes when he went to college so running out of cheddar is not gonna happen.

Part of his problem of course.......

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
His family has plenty of money. His father bought him a Mercedes when he went to college so running out of cheddar is not gonna happen.

Part of his problem of course.......

Didn't know that...Might explain a lot... If daddy were to cut him off, that would probably be the best thing that could happen in the overall scheme of things...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His family is rich - but it's not limitless. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...-executives/johnny-manziel-parents-net-worth/

His parents have $50 million - NBA stars have blown more. And there is a sister to worry about too.

He has likely blown through a few million in the last two years, between his contract, endorsement money, etc. That can't continue, and he no longer has money coming in on his own, since no contract and who would hire him to endorse anything?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Didn't know that...Might explain a lot... If daddy were to cut him off, that would probably be the best thing that could happen in the overall scheme of things...

The best thing for him would probably be getting his pretentious ass beaten and then a year in jail.

That's what Dr. Baker would prescribe anyway. :whistle:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziel-gets-served-at-the-club-1781531537

Johnny Manziel Gets Served At The Club
Samer Kalaf

da3jkfyin0360vkkcy13.jpg

Professional nightclub goer Johnny Manziel was leaving a spot in Hollywood Wednesday night when, among the paparazzi, a man hopped out to serve him.

The server delivered papers related to a lawsuit filed by a Los Angeles rental company. Manziel is accused of causing thousands of dollars of damage to a home he rented for two nights in April. The plaintiff claims that Manziel, using the name “Travis,” lied when he said he wouldn’t have many people over, and his guests trashed the place.

Manziel initially fumbled the handoff, but recovered it on his way to his car. The former Browns QB was unfazed by the near-turnover; he went to another club and kept partying.

Life comes at you fast.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What a turd.

He should have cut the check to the rental owner and move on. Why go through all this in the public eye? He's such an egotistical asshole it just makes you wish the worst for him.

nighttrain

Legend
He busted her eardrum from slapping her. It wasn't that long ago, it was earlier this year, maybe 2 months ago.

You are probably thinking about the time he was hitting her and she jumped out of the car to get away.
sounds like she needs her head examined, and not from injury. birth defect
train

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
What is with the hazard suits? It looks like something out of Breaking Bad, and all to clean up some snow that got left behind on some furniture?

The sharks smell money and they won't be gone until they've ripped every last shred of it from his corpse.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What is with the hazard suits? It looks like something out of Breaking Bad, and all to clean up some snow that got left behind on some furniture?

The sharks smell money and they won't be gone until they've ripped every last shred of it from his corpse.

It's a stock photo unrelated to the cleanup. Hazardous waste cleanup is a nice way to say they had to clean up piss/shit/puke or as I have heard it called by inspectors (second hand info) "cash and prizes".

I'm not sure what you mean by sharks smelling money......you can't possibly be defending him so I'm confused what you mean by that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

As Les mentioned, that was an image I chose to place in the article from stock footage. It was an attempt at humor. :)
****************************************************************************************
It's admirable for Dansby to stand up for his ex-teammate but JM inflicted this entirely on himself and continues to do so. The man could have had a career. Instead he chose to go the Justin Bieber route and make a joke of himself.
*****************************************************************************************
http://jimrome.com/2016/06/07/karlo...me-show/?_ga=1.122308553.358530640.1463432399

Karlos Dansby talks Johnny Manziel on The Jim Rome Show

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Karlos Dansby, a former teammate of Johnny Manziel, believes he never would have been able to deal with the amount of pressure Manziel was under during their time together with the Cleveland Browns.

“I probably would have committed suicide. Ain’t no telling what would have took place,” Dansby said on The Jim Rome Show on Tuesday. “I couldn’t handle none of it. Nobody in that building could handle any of that pressure that man was under.

“Because it’s specifically for him, and that’s how God designed it. That’s his pressure, only he can handle that. You can only put so much on you that only you can handle. [God’s] not going to give you more than you handle, so he can handle it, I couldn’t handle it, and I told him that to his face. I couldn’t handle what you’re going through right now, I can’t. I can’t live that for you.”

The 34-year-old linebacker talked about the fine line between giving Manziel advice and watching the former Heisman Trophy winner go through some life lessons on his own both currently and when they were in Cleveland.

“It was just tough to really watch him go through that, but I had to step back and allow him to go through that, because it’s going to propel him towards his destiny, whatever that may be,” Dansby said. “He’s going to find it, you know what I’m saying. It’s just going to take some time.

“He had to go through this to get to where he needs to be.”

Dansby said he hasn’t reached out to Manziel lately, but added that the former first round pick knows he’d always be there for him.

“Man, Johnny is my guy,” Dansby said. “It’s just a mutual respect thing and he knows I got his back. If he ever needs me, he knows I’m there for him, regardless. Whatever happens, whatever takes place, if he needs somebody, he can always holler. I got his back.”

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Johnny football is searching every club in Hollywood and N.Y. for his "destiny". If he keeps it up, he's find it in pine wood box.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm tellin you... He needs a good woman to straighten his @$$ up. Worked for me!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm tellin you... He needs a good woman to straighten his @$$ up. Worked for me!

Nah, he needs a good man - name of Bubba in lockup, who will "straighten" his @$$ up. Or something like that.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
4 of the top 5 threads in "Rams" section have nothing to do with the Rams.

I hate the fucking offseason.