Manziel Comes Up Short Of 6 Feet At Nfl Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Johnny Manziel comes up short of 6 feet at NFL Combine

0ap1000000217559.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS -- A week after promising he would measure "72 inches on the dot" at the NFL Scouting Combine, quarterback Johnny Manziel came up just short of the mark in the official measurement early riday morning.

The former Texas A&M quarterback many expect to be taken in the top three picks in the NFL Draft, came in at 5--foot-11 3/4, and weighed 207 pounds, according to NFL Media analysts Gil Brandt and Daniel Jeremiah.

Manziel's height is among NFL scouting concerns about his pro potential, although he is widely considered one of the top three quarterbacks in the draft, along with Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater and Central Florida's Blake Bortles.

Manziel's hand size, also important to NFL scouts for quarterback evaluations (particularly smaller quarterbacks), measured large as advertised at 9 7/8 inches.

Concerns about Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garopollo's hand size were eased a bit when his were measured 9 1/4 inches. Many consider 9 inches to be the minimum standard for NFL quarterbacks.

Other notable measurements:

» Bridgewater: 6-2 1/8, 214 pounds, 9 1/4 hands.

» Bortles: 6-5, 232 pounds.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-manziel-measures-just-under-6feet-at-combine

Last edited by a moderator:
That 1/4 inch is the difference for me, if he'd been 6' he could have been elite in my eyes, now I wouldn't touch him until the 7th.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bortles checked in bigger than expected. Good to see Bridgewater erased a lot of the concerns about his size.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I don't care what his height is.
I wouldn't touch him until at least middle to late rounds, if at all.
He's way over rated IMHO.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't care what his height is.
I wouldn't touch him until at least middle to late rounds, if at all.
He's way over rated IMHO.

So, perfect storm of scenarios is for 2 of the QBs to erase all doubts and climb to the top.
The next part is for Houston to select a QB at #1. And with the new report from Schefter that the Redskins have no plans of trading Cousins, it's looking better and better.

This maximizes our trade value at #2

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Of course with Wilson winning the SB, short is in...right?;)
Of course it is. Its now a passing league for short QB's who hand the ball off instead of throwing into coverage vs oversized shittalking secondary's with a nickname.

A55VA6

Legend
He may be 5'11 but he has the biggest hands out of all the QB's.. even Bortles who is 6'5.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Marc Sanchez
Height: 6-2. Weight: 227.
Projected 40 Time: 4.71.
Combine 40 Time: 4.88.
Hand Size: 10 1/2.
Projected Round (2009): Top 5-12 Pi

Pretty sure Fitzharvard had the same size hands

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I won't lie, I am a Bradford supporter all the way but Manziel sure would be fun to watch in a Rams uniform.
You gotta love kids like that with heart and just love to play.
He does have to learn to stop running with the ball without protecting it though. That shit won't fly in the NFL.