Mannion Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they were being wow'ed by Mannion in practice or led to think he's some sort of answer long term I doubt they'd be looking at guys who will likely go very high in round one.
You mean like last year when they were so wow'ed by Tre Mason, that they wouldnt consider drafting another rb at #10?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Keep Foles in there so we can tank and draft Goff.

That race to the bottom of the tank has already been ongoing by many teams already....Dallas, Houston & the San Fran have a few steps down ahead of the Rams.

Keep going with Foles & we will give those teams a good run for it but a 4-12 record may not be good enough. I would prefer to see what we have with Keenum & Mannion. Time to move on past Foles he does not have it.

FRO

Legend
We are 4-5.

@ View attachment 11100

@ View attachment 11101B

vs
-m-0ws7__56x42.png

vs
-m-02c_4__56x42.png

vs
-m-07l24__56x42.png

@
-m-070xg__56x42.png

@
-m-06rny__56x42.png

I know that I'm emotionally compromised right now, but 10-6? And does 10-6 get you to the playoffs this year? Skins, Packers, Bears - all have the tie breaker on us.
We probably lose against the Bengals, Cardinals, and Seahawks. That puts us at best at 8-8. I'm seeing another 6-10/7-9 season.

FRO

Legend
That race to the bottom of the tank has already been ongoing by many teams already....Dallas, Houston & the San Fran have a few steps down ahead of the Rams.

Keep going with Foles & we will give those teams a good run for it but a 4-12 record may not be good enough. I would prefer to see what we have with Keenum & Mannion. Time to move on past Foles he does not have it.
Keenum has proven he is nothing more than a backup in the league and Mannion isn't ready. Tank it and do what you have to within reason to move up and get Goff.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Foles is getting worse every week. With the coaching on this team Mannion will never be a NFL QB.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I can see that I'm on tilt here - I can feel it.

But I can't stop typing it.

Not only should Battle get thrown in there, Mannion should start for the rest of the year. Lets find out what - if anything - we have in him.

I keep wanting to wake up and see that its Sunday morning and the 1-0 Rams are getting ready to play the Redskins.
The biggest problem with this idea is that Mannion for all intents and purposes hasn't taken a meaningful rep in practice since training camp. Foles has gotten the lion's share of reps every week with the game plan. Keenum takes nearly all of the "scout team" reps to stay sharp. That laaves Mannion on the outside looking in.

So unless and until they move him up on the depth chart, he's unlikely to be given any consideration at all. This is the pure definition of a red-shirt year for Mannion. But IMO. He should come into 2016 with a legitimate chance to compete for the job.

It's no coincidence in my mind that Foles was given a two year deal. Sean Mannion could very well be the guy moving forward.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's no coincidence in my mind that Foles was given a two year deal. Sean Mannion could very well be the guy moving forward.

That two year deal also gives them time with another draftee this upcoming offseason if necessary. But I do think Mannion's chance to win the job will be this offseason and likely vs another young QB maybe a highly picked one too.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The biggest problem with this idea is that Mannion for all intents and purposes hasn't taken a meaningful rep in practice since training camp. Foles has gotten the lion's share of reps every week with the game plan. Keenum takes nearly all of the "scout team" reps to stay sharp. That laaves Mannion on the outside looking in.

So unless and until they move him up on the depth chart, he's unlikely to be given any consideration at all. This is the pure definition of a red-shirt year for Mannion. But IMO. He should come into 2016 with a legitimate chance to compete for the job.

Not much doubt that Case gives us a better chance to win 2015 games than Mannion. I was just already in 2016 prep mode - I wanted the kids to get game exeperience in an otherwise wasted season. But I was jumping the gun - I feel better now. Playoffs still a possibility- however slight. As soon as that possibility is gone, I'll probably start bringing it back up.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not much doubt that Case gives us a better chance to win 2015 games than Mannion. I was just already in 2016 prep mode - I wanted the kids to get game exeperience in an otherwise wasted season. But I was jumping the gun - I feel better now. Playoffs still a possibility- however slight. As soon as that possibility is gone, I'll probably start bringing it back up.
You mentioned that this is the difference in being a fan vs being a coach. We as fans can always wish for them to do certain things for "next year " but there isn't a coach in this league that will sacrifice games in the current season to "see what the have" for next year.

I know you know that. But if it makes for message board convo. Go for it. Lol.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I get it Mannion is a Romantic choice but he is No Where Near Ready. Doesn't mean he doesn't have it or never will be ready but not now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@CoachO already nailed it as to why Mannion cant possibly be ready.
If Mannion plays, then put Gurley and Tavon on the shelf. Pre-season is for player exeperience, if they use the season for it, protect the guys who are long term answers