Mannion Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Willie

Starter
I'm trying to think of ways that the Rams still make the playoffs. I know its possible - but take a look at the standings and tell me if you think they are still in reach.
It's possible. At their best, the Rams can play with anyone and potentially win out. At their worst, they will struggle with Detroit and Tampa Bay at home. It is just a matter of which Foles/ Keenum/ Mannion and OL shows up.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I read rumors that the rams are considering playing Mannion this week...

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
One of today's media stories said the following. Do you agree?

--- "I wouldn’t have objected to a decision to yank Foles and go with the No. 2 quarterback Case Keenum. The Rams required a shakeup, and the somewhat frantic Keenum can at least run around a little, and maybe get a defense scrambling out of position.

Of course Rams coach Jeff Fisher would have none of that.

When asked if he considered making a change, Fisher said: “No. That’s my choice, but no. I’m just going to look at it. We have to play better around him (Foles). I’ll look and see how he played, but he was prepared. He had a great practice this week and he missed a couple of throws and we had a couple of drops. We’ll look at it, but at this point, no.”

The door was left open a crack, but I’d be surprised if Fisher benched Foles.

The main reason is obvious: Foles is an extension of Fisher.

By pulling Foles, Fisher would be acknowledging his own failure — at least up to the point of the benching. Maybe Foles would regroup and return and play better. But sitting Foles, if only for a while, draws attention to something unpleasant: that Foles isn’t the QB that Fisher envisioned. A misjudgment if you will.

And before Foles even played a regular-season game, the Rams gave him a contract extension that could keep him in place through 2017. The deal included $14 million guaranteed.---

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm trying to think of ways that the Rams still make the playoffs. I know its possible - but take a look at the standings and tell me if you think they are still in reach.

Of course they are. Not with Foles, but they are. Falcons lost the last 3 of 4 and against losing teams. Now they face a daunting schedule. Cards also face a much tougher schedule. It may be all but over, but it ain't over.

RamzFanz

Damnit
One of today's media stories said the following. Do you agree?

--- "I wouldn’t have objected to a decision to yank Foles and go with the No. 2 quarterback Case Keenum. The Rams required a shakeup, and the somewhat frantic Keenum can at least run around a little, and maybe get a defense scrambling out of position.

Of course Rams coach Jeff Fisher would have none of that.

When asked if he considered making a change, Fisher said: “No. That’s my choice, but no. I’m just going to look at it. We have to play better around him (Foles). I’ll look and see how he played, but he was prepared. He had a great practice this week and he missed a couple of throws and we had a couple of drops. We’ll look at it, but at this point, no.”

The door was left open a crack, but I’d be surprised if Fisher benched Foles.

The main reason is obvious: Foles is an extension of Fisher.

By pulling Foles, Fisher would be acknowledging his own failure — at least up to the point of the benching. Maybe Foles would regroup and return and play better. But sitting Foles, if only for a while, draws attention to something unpleasant: that Foles isn’t the QB that Fisher envisioned. A misjudgment if you will.

And before Foles even played a regular-season game, the Rams gave him a contract extension that could keep him in place through 2017. The deal included $14 million guaranteed.---

Not benching Foles the second half last game was a disservice to everyone.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not benching Foles the second half last game was a disservice to everyone.

Everything Fisher does is a service to the players, not the fans. He cares more about our roster as men then he does as players.

It's not always a bad thing, but it reflects in his career win/loss and is also reflected in his country club style of practice/camp.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I read rumors that the rams are considering playing Mannion this week...

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Mannion, unless he's the fastest learning QB ever, is nowhere near ready to start in a desperate situation.

I think Case is the last real hope of a 2015 miracle. If he loses a game, then whatever, let Manion practice in real games.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Everything Fisher does is a service to the players, not the fans. He cares more about our roster as men then he does as players.

It's not always a bad thing, but it reflects in his career win/loss and is also reflected in his country club style of practice/camp.

Then he cared about 1 player over all of the others.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Then he cared about 1 player over all of the others.

It's not about the 1 player. It's about the QB controversy which leads to losing the locker room. Jeff Fisher 100% will not allow a QB controversy.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you imagine how many times I would bump this thread if they started Mannion and then they ran the table?

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Just guessing, but probably because Keenum is a back up and will always be a back up and he wants to see if Mannion has a chance to be a starter before we have to make draft decisions.

What I'm saying is that if Mannion can't even beat out Keenum for #2, he has no chance or a very very very slight chance of being successful (starter material) right now. I think it can do more damage than good putting him in from the #3 spot. They don't even get the practice snaps the others do. Will Keenum always be a backup? Maybe but I guess not if we start him the rest of the year....

I don't give up on a season even when I should....... (Lots of practice these past years.)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Look man, I just want to win games. Whatever it is that needs to be done to do that, I'm all for it. Sign Tebow? Grossman? Favre? Testaverde? Terry Bradshaw? Fuck, I don't care man, if it works it works. The coaches need to figure out what to do at QB, because Foles isn't the answer. Whether it's Mannion or Keenum or whoever, we need to make a change. I've lost all faith in Foles.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fisher should give strong consideration for Keenum, in fact, the Ravens was one of the teams Keenum defeated last year and Keenum is more accurate at this point, that's for sure.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Foles is having his issues. Gurley is the only offensive play that is playing up to his ability.

Just let the season play out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's not about the 1 player. It's about the QB controversy which leads to losing the locker room. Jeff Fisher 100% will not allow a QB controversy.

Fisher benched 2 QBs last season. He is certainly capable of it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Right, but they weren't starting QBs that were just signed to extensions. He's in a pickle here.

True. It takes some real courage to admit a mistake that bad.

Me? I wake Foles in the middle of the night with a flashlight to his face and tell him to fake an injury or I'll have Williams take care of it for me and this conversation never happened.

But that's just me.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Foles is having his issues. Gurley is the only offensive play that is playing up to his ability.

Just let the season play out.
What?!?!?!? Let the season play out? That's your way of trying to improve the team?