Mannion - Opinions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Joe Flacco, Mike Glennon, Brock Osweiler, Derek Anderson, Jamarcus Russell and Nick Foles
Pretty good, unproven, awful, awful, awful and not good. :)

The skyscraper QB has always been fools gold...much like the 7'2" skinny white Euros in the NBA.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I was really glad we drafted Mannion (I still am) I think this quote by @Dxmissile sums up some of my feelings on the matter:

Yep he's been here longer and subjected to terrible coaching for longer and not being developed for longer. Last year was the only real meaningful action he got when he was promoted to 2nd string. That's why I'm excited to see what he can do as the number 2 getting a lot of reps and finally feeling involved in the game.

Fisher and his team of coaches just weren't that good at coaching up QBs - they were awful at it TBH.

I watched a lot of tape on Mannion in his draft year and he reminded me of Drew Brees a bit, I thought he could be a good QB, with the right coaching. I still think he's a starting quality QB. From what I've seen (and read) he's improved his footwork since turning pro and is a keen scholar of the game too, whether this is enough for the Rams faithful or not, I can't answer.

I'm not saying he's going to be Aaron Rodgers or anything, but a quality serviceable starter, most definitely. But, until we see him taking snaps, we can't tell - neither of us can.

That's all I want to see is one of them (Goff or Mannion) taking the reigns and leading our offense. If Goff doesn't live up to potential in TC and preseason and Mannion excels - I'm not going to lose sleep over if he is the starting QB.

I just want the best players on the field - no matter of where they were drafted.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aside from having Wheaton for 2 seasons and Cooks for three, name the NFL caliber offensive players he had around him. As it was, Riles asked Mannion to pal around with Cooks as Cooks was being a real punk his freshman year. Cooks turned it around the following season.............................I agree with one thing. Cooks was nothing like Tavon. He was a route runner. How do you think he became a good route runner? According to Coach Riley - that was in big part due to his relationship with Mannion. In 2014, Mannion had virtually nothing for offensive talent on the team.
LOL....sounds like he should just jump on over to WR coach....LOLOL

I still say he had plenty of talent.Those WRs.....I keep remembering a guy named Paz too...pretty good RB...did he play with the Jaquez Rodgers....that fire-plug RB? And I still say they have a few quality 0- linemen. But that was 2013-2014. I don't remember any excuses for Brett Hundley...and the talent around him...yet...oh yeah, he won games.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I think the Rams would be mighty lucky to have Mannion be good enough to be a starter. Imagine having two starting quality QBs on your roster.... Would be a good place to be in my opinion.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LOL....sounds like he should just jump on over to WR coach....LOLOL

I still say he had plenty of talent.Those WRs.....I keep remembering a guy named Paz too...pretty good RB...did he play with the Jaquez Rodgers....that fire-plug RB? And I still say they have a few quality 0- linemen. But that was 2013-2014. I don't remember any excuses for Brett Hundley...and the talent around him...yet...oh yeah, he won games.
You mean when their running game totaled roughly 1200 yards I believe it was? Yeah - he had great RBs in THAT backfield. Not sure who this Paz guy is that you are referring to. He had Storm Woods and Terron Ward. I don't think either one of them ever sniffed an NFL sideline or the 1,000 yard mark.

Sorry but in the search for talent, UCLA almost always gets better recruits than OSU. I didn't follow Hundley so I can't say for sure but the OSU offense was a total train wreck in 2014. Meanwhile Hundley's running game had roughly double OSU's numbers.